Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Turton High School

MickyD

• Site Supporter
For fucks sake, leave your coat on or have a big singalong in the school hall.

Bedwetters

I said as much this morning. Phoned them to make sure and told them I'd send my kids with an extra vest on. They laughed!

There is a minimum temperature, below which you may leave. Don't know if there's also a "If your employee leaves because of the cold you may sack him" rule in the boss' handbook.

Funny that,i was bastard frezzing at work today and was thinking,surely we should not have to work

in this(just put another jumper on and got on with it in end). <_<

Bet you warm in yer job eh Mickey :)

If any of our lads said they were going home because it was 'cold', they wouldnt be coming back. Even if we couldn't pour concrete becuase of the weather, we'd find sommat for them to do, even if it was cleaning the fuckin vans.

But thats the trouble with many teachers, they've never been outside of school since they were 4 years old.

If its the kids welfare they were worried about, then get the lazy little fuckers running round for a few hours.

This country would be fucked if there was a world war now.

If any of our lads said they were going home because it was 'cold', they wouldnt be coming back. Even if we couldn't pour concrete becuase of the weather, we'd find sommat for them to do, even if it was cleaning the fuckin vans.

But thats the trouble with many teachers, they've never been outside of school since they were 4 years old.

If its the kids welfare they were worried about, then get the lazy little fuckers running round for a few hours.

This country would be fucked if there was a world war now.

I'd like to observe the mighty smiffs 'teaching' a class of our wonderful year nines. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Funny how everyone slags teachers off, but everyone says they could never do my job!!!

• Moderators
I'd like to observe the mighty smiffs 'teaching' a class of our wonderful year nines. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Funny how everyone slags teachers off, but everyone says they could never do my job!!!

everyone?

everyone being a bunch of bedwetting elbow patchers?

thats because we don't want to have to wear wax jackets and walking boots whenever we are not in work

Can I taser the little fuckers? :D

Being married to a teacher who thinks 5pm is a late finish and 13 weeks holiday the norm, I reckon I could do their job better than they could do mine.

If little Johnny Notright doesn't pass his tests in your class, so what? Teachers are virtually unsackable for poor performance, so lets be honest where is the real pressure? Only the Headteacher (at maybe ?80k+ a year) carries the can for overall performance, and even then he/she has to be repeatedly shit. You know it, I know it.

But how many could on average 60-70 hours a week, find ?5k a week just to open the front door, be responsible for say 20 grown ups carrying out high risk tasks, and keep them safe but busy, make sure everyone gets a full wage every week, be one major accident away from jail, have the bank holding his housekeys as surity, give around 50% of his wage to the taxman, and then if they're lucky enough to make a profit, give another 20% to the taxman? They'd crack within a month. ::lol::

Teachers, I have shat them.

Can I taser the little fuckers? :D

Being married to a teacher who thinks 5pm is a late finish and 13 weeks holiday the norm, I reckon I could do their job better than they could do mine.

If little Johnny Notright doesn't pass his tests in your class, so what? Teachers are virtually unsackable for poor performance, so lets be honest where is the real pressure? Only the Headteacher (at maybe ?80k+ a year) carries the can for overall performance, and even then he/she has to be repeatedly shit. You know it, I know it.

But how many could on average 60-70 hours a week, find ?5k a week just to open the front door, be responsible for say 20 grown ups carrying out high risk tasks, and keep them safe but busy, make sure everyone gets a full wage every week, be one major accident away from jail, have the bank holding his housekeys as surity, give around 50% of his wage to the taxman, and then if they're lucky enough to make a profit, give another 20% to the taxman? They'd crack within a month. :::lol:::

Teachers, I have shat them.

Being somebody who's went in to teaching after trying my hand at loads of other jobs got to say your spot on. Best job i've ever had bar none. Most emotionally and psychologically rewarding. Take issue with the "finish at five" shite though. I "work" though i dont call it work, more a labour of love, upwards of 100 hours a week. Dont care- love it. Right on about the moaning eejits who have never done owt else. Theres plenty of them- arses the lot of them - particularly the young uns.

Mind you - the pay is pretty shite compared to other so called professions. Which i suspect is why you dont bother with it. Nice second income for the missus though.

Best job in the world

upwards of 100 hours a week.
Most weeks i'd say i do. Still "working" now as it happens

Even on a 7 day week, that works out at over 14 hours per day, I'm not having it. Maybe one or two weeks a year, but certainly not "most weeks" - you're either very slow, sh?t at your job..........or paid by the hour <_<

Even on a 7 day week, that works out at over 14 hours per day, I'm not having it. Maybe one or two weeks a year, but certainly not "most weeks" - you're either very slow, sh?t at your job..........or paid by the hour <_<

He teaches Remedial class! :rofl:

He teaches Remedial class! :rofl:

:yahoo: Love the madness. Just having a wee break here.Fair do's- only occasionally do i work THAT long (exam marking, 6th form references, curriculum design, prep for a-level)- but idea teaching is a 5 hr a day job is bollox.

Tho' i agree that there are some jobsworths (usually HT's) who treat it as such. They're the shit ones. Me? I'm brilliant :yahoo:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.