Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megsons Best Buy?

LHBWFC

So, just the permanet buys then?

I have to say that IMO none have increased their value since joining the club.

The signings of Taylor (?3.5M), Steinsson (?3.5M), Cahill (?5M), Muamba (?5M), Elmander (~ ?9M), Shittu (?2M) have all enhanced the squad but have they increased in value since they came to the club?

Of the others the jury is unconvinced by Riga and Cohen and its too early to comment on Mark Davies.

Taylor for me is the one who looks a good buy at the fee we paid - especially if Nolan went for ?4M. Steinsson flatters to deceive at times whilst Cahill, Muamba and Elmander may turn out to be great buys but at the moment just look par for the money paid.

Do you not think Cahills value has increased?

No

Still vulnerable, as seen by Everton's second goal on Saturday and ball watching for the Blackburn equaliser when McCarthy was free behind him. Don't get me wrong, he is a good defender but we paid slightly over the top (with it being a January purchase and the selling club not too keen to sell) and I don't think his worth has increased.

It depends, if we got relegated, we might not get back the ?5M that we paid for him, if we stay up, somebody might just about offer the ?5M for him. I don't see that he is worth a whole lot more at the minute. He's not as good as some folk seem to think

It depends, if we got relegated, we might not get back the ?5M that we paid for him, if we stay up, somebody might just about offer the ?5M for him. I don't see that he is worth a whole lot more at the minute. He's not as good as some folk seem to think

I think hes worth more than 5 million and that he is a very good player

• Moderators

what Chill is worth now is totally subjective

and would only be confirmed if someone bid and we accepted

I think he's good, I don't think he's that good that he's worth more than ?8M just because Sunderland paid that for Anton Ferdinand, he is still a bit rough around the edges and prone to rash lunges/concentration lapses at the wrong time, but he'll learn and get better

and even then, we all know Craig Bellamy is not a ?14M player

? for ?, it's got to be Taylor for his goals/assists value in comparison to the ?3.5M we paid for him

what Chill is worth now is totally subjective

and would only be confirmed if someone bid and we accepted

I think he's good, I don't think he's that good that he's worth more than ?8M just because Sunderland paid that for Anton Ferdinand, he is still a bit rough around the edges and prone to rash lunges/concentration lapses at the wrong time, but he'll learn and get better

and even then, we all know Craig Bellamy is not a ?14M player

? for ?, it's got to be Taylor for his goals/assists value in comparison to the ?3.5M we paid for him

So ?4million it is then. Thats normal figure we sell out on!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.