Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Muamba

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching him last night i can honestly say there are better players in the Bolton sunday league what a pile of horse shit!!!

you're just talking bollox there. He didn't play well granted, but your statement is just ridiculous

• Members

FFS what is wrong with some people. A player had a bad game. What a fcuking shock. Not long ago the lad was being praised on here for the amount of tackles/challenges he wins. Guess what - it will happen again.

Pel?, Eusebio, Yashin, Maradona all had bad games too on occasion. Fcuking humans eh? Waste of space.

Edited by bolty58

Not just judging after last night however he should have been hooked after 30 mins he was just as shocking Sunday im telling ya BSL is the future if he is our first Cen mid im entitled to my view, Blue nose laughing there cock off 5M !!! i know other players were had shockers last night but Fab stood out a mile he may have a future but we are in the present and he aint it IMO. And dont take me serious ref BSL but thats how shocking he was

Typical knee jerk reaction to a defeat. :angry:

Let's start slagging off players cos we got beat :blink:

Last night was a bad day at the office. :mellow:

We move onwards and upwards to the Fulham game. =D>

5 homes to go,4 of them very winnable which will decide where we finish this season <_<

From what ive seen of the lad, the only thing is good at is tackling. His distribution, heading, shooting, touch etc are shocking! But he's got time and is still young and at that age he just looks like he needs a confidence boost. I don't think he should be starting games though. Would like to see Ricky G in there.

Muamba is not worth ?5mil....yet. His tackles and breaking up opposition play is very good but the rest of his game is utter dog turd....at the minute. And I'm not just saying that because we got beat last night. Confidence may be playing a part in his bad form but to be honest, he has been like this all season.

The lad has potential and with it being his first full season with us I'm willing ot give him until the end of the season and the start of next to prove his worth.

Guest quins

His main attribute is winning the ball in midfield; Stoke (and ourselves) were too often inclined to bypass midfield and play it long back to front, which pretty much took him out of the game.

He didn't play well by any stretch of the imagination (who did?) but Andy O'Brien and Samuel were far worse

I am sick of peolpe always using comment's as "he is only young" and "he has time on his hands", if players aren't performing they should not be on the pitch, I am not talking about Muamba in particular. Over the years players have been tagged with the above comments and never seem to reach there potential, one in my eyes is J.Jenas at spurs not always in the first 11 at a very average spurs team.

How much time do you give young players I just don't know, look at Kevin Nolan if he had reached his full potential he would have been England captain now but he peaked at the age of about 22-23.

I must admit i think Muamba has been shit all season, he nearly cost us a goal giving the ball away again against Newcastle, TBH apart from that he wasnt as bad as usual against Newcastle mind you he got subbed at half time, didnt see last nights match apart from 3 minutes on MOTD. His shooting and distribution have been poor all season.Seems to me he isnt good enough but what do i know , you are not allowed to critisise anything on Bolton on here

His main attribute is winning the ball in midfield; Stoke (and ourselves) were too often inclined to bypass midfield and play it long back to front, which pretty much took him out of the game.

He didn't play well by any stretch of the imagination (who did?) but Andy O'Brien and Samuel were far worse

Muamba gave the ball away far too much last night, but your mon here raises a very good point - Samuel was our worst player last night - he had a shocker.

Samuel has been very good recently so maybe we could chalk it down to a bad day at the office, but I'd also add he seems much more comfortable with Gardner ahead of him.

In fact, last night we were crying out to play 4-4-2 much earlier than when we made the change - we only really looked useful when we (rarely) used the width...with playing the 2 wide men supporting Elmander we should have width, but last night the man on the ball was constantly isolated and there was a gap between the full-back on the ball and front (3) men, which made Steinsson and Samuel give the ball away far too much.

Our starting formation works great when teams come on to us and we can counter it, but when the onus is on us to attack we struggle...

Example

Last night we had the majority of possession - 52% according to MOTD

Yet the previous games we've won at home - Newcastle etc, we conceded ground and possession for periods yet still won.

Basically last night, Stoke did to us what we have been doing to teams for years.

Fair fucks to the ugly, behind the times, minging accented bastards.

Oh and Delilah is still a slag

I must admit i think Muamba has been shit all season, he nearly cost us a goal giving the ball away again against Newcastle, TBH apart from that he wasnt as bad as usual against Newcastle mind you he got subbed at half time, didnt see last nights match apart from 3 minutes on MOTD. His shooting and distribution have been poor all season.Seems to me he isnt good enough but what do i know , you are not allowed to critisise anything on Bolton on here

You can critisise on here as much as you want as long as it contructive, not just hes shit, read futher up people have said his passing is not he best

Muamba does his job OK, his problem is that we need a Jay-Jay type of player to push the ball to once he has won it. It is laughable the almost tangible panic that hits Muamba when he gets near the half way line with the ball still at his feet, he just looks lost.

Maybe as he and M Davies mature, they will become a formidable central midfield pairing.

As I have said often, the long term under Megson shows great promise - we need to get through the short term to reach it!!

I am sick of peolpe always using comment's as "he is only young" and "he has time on his hands", if players aren't performing they should not be on the pitch, I am not talking about Muamba in particular. Over the years players have been tagged with the above comments and never seem to reach there potential, one in my eyes is J.Jenas at spurs not always in the first 11 at a very average spurs team.

How much time do you give young players I just don't know, look at Kevin Nolan if he had reached his full potential he would have been England captain now but he peaked at the age of about 22-23.

when nolan was 22-23 he had world class players at the side of him .if i had them at the side of me people would shout little whitt for england.i think next season this team will be a joy to watch

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.