Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yes, Yes And F?ckin' Thrice Yes!

I'd have thought that about the Sex Pistols - but find anyone who saw them at the MEN the other year who didn't have a cracking night out. It was a trip down memory lane and a feckin' good one at that.

You just know when the dry ice lifts and those four are on stage and you can hear the open bars of Mani's bass-line to Adored slowly creeping up on you - your hair will stand on the back of your neck and you'll think - "f?ckin' yessssss!!!!"

agreed. i cant see it happening, but the pistols were quality, and having been too young to see the roses, i have nothing to compare them against. bring it on

Ive seen Ian Brown live 10 or 11 times, most times he wasn't exactly a vocal genius, or pavaroti, but who ever said he was or even should be ??

He writes great tunes, with even greater attitude in them, very English, with his "flavour of the month" foreign twist to them.

He wont change with trends really, just with his musical tastes and influences, he is un-touchable in any of this.

Fcuk Noel Gallagher and his odd acoustic set, fcuk damon and his lot with their self rightious shite, and radiohead and Coldplay with that boring "intellectual" music, Ian Brown is better than these lot put together.

I fcuking love Ian Brown.

A couple of girls at work met him in Milan Airport, they reckon they did a good job of acting cool (aye alreet). They said he was a top bloke, was happy to talk shite and not at all up himself.

Not many folk say that about them Gallagher boys.

I'd have thought that about the Sex Pistols - but find anyone who saw them at the MEN the other year who didn't have a cracking night out. It was a trip down memory lane and a feckin' good one at that.

You just know when the dry ice lifts and those four are on stage and you can hear the open bars of Mani's bass-line to Adored slowly creeping up on you - your hair will stand on the back of your neck and you'll think - "f?ckin' yessssss!!!!"

Still get that feeling when i play it now...

Best thing about them ,apart from the tunes, was the tightness about them...they've all moved on and so should we..

It's like trying to create Wrexham or Hull away...it won't ever happen.

Best left to memories..

Edited by Judge Fudge

• Members
Ive seen Ian Brown live 10 or 11 times, most times he wasn't exactly a vocal genius, or pavaroti, but who ever said he was or even should be ??

He writes great tunes, with even greater attitude in them, very English, with his "flavour of the month" foreign twist to them.

He wont change with trends really, just with his musical tastes and influences, he is un-touchable in any of this.

Fcuk Noel Gallagher and his odd acoustic set, fcuk damon and his lot with their self rightious shite, and radiohead and Coldplay with that boring "intellectual" music, Ian Brown is better than these lot put together.

I fcuking love Ian Brown.

:good: I knew we'd agree on summat!

As we?re sipping our respective teas and coffees, a red Lambretta GP splurts and splutters into view. It?s Mani, the Primal Scream bassist and John?s former Stone Roses cohort, who?s dropped by on an impromptu visit. Talk turns to Man United, the football team both support, the Olympics and general reminiscing, but it?s clear John?s happiest in the here and now.

C?nts!

• Moderators
John Squire had no problem murdering Made of Stone at Move Festival one year, the hypocrital twat.

that the one where he came on dressed up as jesus?

not on purpose mind, think that was meant to be his look

Makes you wonder if Reni has made a living from being in the Stone Roses.

Seems to have done next to feckin' nowt since 1995.

Had a few invitations to perform with Brown and other artists - and simply hasn't turned up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.