Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pms Available On Friendly Forum

As you already know, PM stands for Private Message. Whilst this is "Private" between the sender and the person(s) receiving, they're not as private as you might think.

These are also modded. Sluffy and DannyW have no access to these, but I do and I make regular checks on these.

Now I'm not going to mention any names, but if people use the PM system to mock other posters and to create unrest, then action may be taken. I hope nothing gets out of hand and it doesn't come to warnings/bans.

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=960.0

Regards,

The Burnden Aces - Forum Team.

Guest squidgy66

How comes the scarf wearing site managed a whopping 672 most on line in January 2009 and ours is only 289?

Cooking the books me thinks :pardon:

How comes the scarf wearing site managed a whopping 672 most on line in January 2009 and ours is only 289?

Cooking the books me thinks :pardon:

No not cooking the books Squidgy - just a different way things are counted I guess.

For some reason - I'm not involved on that side of the site so I don't know why it works like this - but people viewing the site are counted over a hour, on here its 15 mins.

The day we got the 672 viewers was the hour that news broke of the Nolan transfer to Newcastle.

Burnden Aces had done a small article on the transfer, which was picked up by the News Now site - which I give a link below -

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/...olton+Wanderers

Which basically is a single site that collects gossip - there are News Now sites for all Premiership clubs I believe.

With us being on the News Now 'headlines' an awful lot of people found us in a short space of time - and hey presto - 672 viewers!

Regrettably I don't think a single one of them went on to become regular posters.

As for using Burnden Aces pm service - please do until ww's is open again.

As you can see from the original post our Site Administrator Manny can read pm's and found one which was really quite naughty apparently - hence the warning.

I guess as long as you are not planning a revolution or anything else illegal it would be fine for you to make use of our services until further notice.

It would be nice if you did post to say hello to us once in a while though!

Oh just one final request though - Natasha is posting on our site at the moment - please, please, please don't go on to the Aces simply to abuse her - she's not doing any harm - please just let her be.

Many thanks.

PS - the offer still stands for ww to use Burnden Aces as its temporary home if ever you need it whilst this site is unavailable whilst in the process of being upgraded etc.

As you can see from the original post our Site Administrator Manny can read pm's and found one which was really quite naughty apparently - hence the warning.

Sluffy, is Manny a bit of a deviant voyeur?

No not cooking the books Squidgy - just a different way things are counted I guess.

For some reason - I'm not involved on that side of the site so I don't know why it works like this - but people viewing the site are counted over a hour, on here its 15 mins.

The day we got the 672 viewers was the hour that news broke of the Nolan transfer to Newcastle.

Burnden Aces had done a small article on the transfer, which was picked up by the News Now site - which I give a link below -

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/...olton+Wanderers

Which basically is a single site that collects gossip - there are News Now sites for all Premiership clubs I believe.

With us being on the News Now 'headlines' an awful lot of people found us in a short space of time - and hey presto - 672 viewers!

Regrettably I don't think a single one of them went on to become regular posters.

As for using Burnden Aces pm service - please do until ww's is open again.

I guess as long as you are not planning a revolution or anything else illegal it would be fine for you to make use of our services until further notice.

It would be nice if you did post to say hello to us once in a while though!

Oh just one final request though - Natasha is posting on our site at the moment - please, please, please don't go on to the Aces simply to abuse her - she's not doing any harm - please just let her be.

Many thanks.

PS - the offer still stands for ww to use Burnden Aces as its temporary home if ever you need it whilst this site is unavailable whilst in the process of being upgraded etc.

Not Traf then....

Word to the wise if you don't want that to happen then, you would do well to tell it to not go on your forum slating this one, Sluffy.

Word to the wise if you don't want that to happen then, you would do well to tell it to not go on your forum slating this one, Sluffy.

To be honest nb, I always thought Natasha was one of the senior posters from this site, so her view stated on the 'Aces' I took to be a sort of an in joke between 'her' and the 'itk' group on here.

Apologies if I am wrong.

This is what she said:

The only way to sort it is to have a written test before people are allowed to become members. If they can't string a sentence together they are automatically linked to WanderersWays, if they pass they get to stay on here.

"She" has been banned from pretty much every forum going. I'm guessing its just a little jibe at the people who banned her on here.

I like WW though so anyone, not just Natasha, who constantly badmouths this place will be spoken to. :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.