Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Ticket Sales

chorley

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think price would make too much difference.

The good folk of Bolton simply cannot be arsed anymore.

A shame. But that's how it is.

The rest of us who do mug up there are becoming very despondent.

Its football. You can't always be on the up and up.

We're on a downer, but still retaining our status.

I think we've tried to find the answer many times on here.

I think these days you have to get people to buy ST's.

Otherwise folk will find an excuse not to fork out ?25-?30 or just stay in the pub.

Hat's off to Blackburn & Wigan. Their top brass must be aware of the real world.

• Site Supporter

Otherwise folk will find an excuse not to fork out ?25-?30 or just stay in the pub.

Hat's off to Blackburn & Wigan. Their top brass must be aware of the real world.

would you be happy if we sold 1 player for 17m, then brought in his replacement for 6m, but then told no more money will be spent because the cheap ST's have been subsidised??

Spot on imo. If people get ST's they dont worry about the money side of things after that and it seems worth it when all the games are viewed as a bundle. If you break down the games people wont turn up and pay against the lesser teams.

would you be happy if we sold 1 player for 17m, then brought in his replacement for 6m, but then told no more money will be spent because the cheap ST's have been subsidised??

Money through the turnstiles isn't the lifeblood of a Premier League Club. Sky TV money is.

My only reservation re Blackburn prices is CWP's very good point on the other thread, about a huge price hike should we get relegated.

It wouldn't bother me to be honest - especially if the player in question desperately wanted to go.

Usually when you lay out more money you get a higher quality of product in return - would I be happier watching the shite served up on Saturday having paid ?199 for the pleasure too right I would? Most fans go to the match to be entertained and there was precious little of that about - be that the fault of the players, Megson, Gartside, the groundsman or the bloody idiots serving the beer :( :(

It wouldn't bother me to be honest - especially if the player in question desperately wanted to go.

Usually when you lay out more money you get a higher quality of product in return - would I be happier watching the shite served up on Saturday having paid ?199 for the pleasure too right I would? Most fans go to the match to be entertained and there was precious little of that about - be that the fault of the players, Megson, Gartside, the groundsman or the bloody idiots serving the beer :( :(

Actually, I found the barstaff down our way much better & no one seems to have mentioned the ale prices have stayed the same. My brother's PNE & was telling me it was 2.70 last season but now it's about 3.50 a pint there. Shocking!

Anyone know why the flags had gone from the North Stand - used to give me a bit a a pick me up last year in amongst the emtpy seats!

The top brass won't give a monkeys what the gates are as it's a drop in the ocean compared to sky money for a club like ours. They will budget for probably just less than last year financial planning to do with our gates will always be on a worse case scenario so they don't get caught out. They need to create demand to get bums on seats they've looked at the price and net of 2 years ago when prices were higher they are probably still up. The only other option is to look at the product and ultimately the location neither of which is likely due to both being relativley successful to date.

• Site Supporter
Anyone know why the flags had gone from the North Stand - used to give me a bit a a pick me up last year in amongst the emtpy seats!

The top brass won't give a monkeys what the gates are as it's a drop in the ocean compared to sky money for a club like ours.They will budget for probably just less than last year financial planning to do with our gates will always be on a worse case scenario so they don't get caught out. They need to create demand to get bums on seats they've looked at the price and net of 2 years ago when prices were higher they are probably still up. The only other option is to look at the product and ultimately the location neither of which is likely due to both being relativley successful to date.

rubbish.

Anyway, just searched and searched for Shit St on google maps, AA, RAC websites and cannot find it.

Is the sale still on?

Vjal il Hara tal klieb (dog's shit avenue), in Malta

It is but I was coming from the point of view of it dropping sufficently to prompt the top brass to make a decision on changing whats on offer to the punters i.e. sacking megson - a couple of thousand here and there would not have them running round frantically thinking they need to change our brand football.

16,661 on.

Wolves had sold over 4,000 according to their website.

Bloody hell, that's a rubbish attendance. I thought there'd been a few on here singing the praises of the cheap season ticket deals Wiggin were offering. Clearly it's not be a total success.

Bloody hell, that's a rubbish attendance. I thought there'd been a few on here singing the praises of the cheap season ticket deals Wiggin were offering. Clearly it's not be a total success.

Like a lot of things some peolpe say to have a dig at there own team UTTER SHITE =D>

16,661 on.

Wolves had sold over 4,000 according to their website.

Couldn't believe that last night under 13,000 Wigan fans and after that great opening day win at Villa.

Maybe some of them got lost not knowing the location of their new DW stadium?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.