Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A Sunderland Fan's View

Spider

Sums it up perfectly.

I have never said that champagne football is on offer at The Reebok. Nor would I. What I see is the team I suport holding its own in the world's toughest division with a budget of about 84 pence.

I suspect that if Megson had ?200 million to spend we may see (and expect to see) a more Brazilian approach.

I'm struggling to agree with that - I think most people would agree with the broad sentiment of it but there is more than one way to skin a cat see Fulham/Everton as the example and probably Wigan this season - why can't we stay up spend little but entertain at the same time they've done it?

I'm afraid Gary Megson being appointed is like when my daughter brought home her new boyfriend I immediately thought he was a pillock - but you try and be nice and stand by her hoping it works out but in your heart of hearts you know it will end in tears.

• Site Supporter
I'm struggling to agree with that - I think most people would agree with the broad sentiment of it but there is more than one way to skin a cat see Fulham/Everton as the example and probably Wigan this season - why can't we stay up spend little but entertain at the same time they've done it?

I'm afraid Gary Megson being appointed is like when my daughter brought home her new boyfriend I immediately thought he was a pillock - but you try and be nice and stand by her hoping it works out but in your heart of hearts you know it will end in tears.

i hardly think you can argue wigan or everton, for different reasons.

fulham are an exception, granted.

This season is our ninth consecutive in the Premiership. This would put us in the top ten of teams within the current Premiership for consecutive premiership seasons.

The clubs achievments over the last ten years has raised the bar in terms of the fans expectations. Saturdays performance was simply not acceptable. It was boring, lacklustre and incredibly dull to watch! On a purely football level I do have an expectation that Bolton will do much better than that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.