Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Name Ten Famous Bolton Fans.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
Used to go a lot of games with Conrad, Benny, Andy Harrison, and a few other 'oritch lads we used to go away games on Loll Catteralls midnight coach from the Wheatsheaf in town, I'm sure Conrad went living darn sarf.

Indeed he did. 'm surprised we haven't seen him on here.

His missus was a stunner! :wub:

Trumped the lot of you. The Duke of York, tis true.

Remember him saying on TV once that he followed Boltons results. Thought at the time that was cool and told every bugger at school, then promptly forgot all about it. Some years later I read the same thing and that reminded me of that interview.

HRH Boot Boy.

845082_f248.jpg

Edited by Underpants

Remember him saying on TV once that he followed Boltons results. Thought at the time that was cool and told every bugger at school, then promptly forgot all about it. Some years later I read the same thing and that reminded me of that interview.

HRH Boot Boy.

845082_f248.jpg

erm, i dont think you have SEB, post #47 :pardon:

Edited by Breightmet Boy

Benny is still a regular at the Reebok and been travelling with walkden and LH lads for many years and one of the best bolton lads I know,he is one of the best lads to listen too and can recall rumbles from the early 70s right through to present. I don't know conrad personally but lads who do tell me he moved south years ago and has a good job in banking.

• Site Supporter
Benny is still a regular at the Reebok and been travelling with walkden and LH lads for many years and one of the best bolton lads I know,he is one of the best lads to listen too and can recall rumbles from the early 70s right through to present. I don't know conrad personally but lads who do tell me he moved south years ago and has a good job in banking.

Yes, someone told me he worked for one of the big building societies.

That one in McFly...Wish I didn't know that..Surely some of Blackout Crew must be..Put a donk on it

took my lad [when he was 6] to watch them at M E N [free tickets] any way Danny comes on stage and starts to sing "STAND UP IF YOU HATE man u" RESPECT was due :yahoo:

• Site Supporter
He must have changed then, all through school (well until he cleared off to Lilleshall) he was a big City fan

I saw Flitcroft supporting us in Burnden Terrace in our last season there, he must be a floater, probably a munich now

• Site Supporter
I saw Flitcroft supporting us in Burnden Terrace in our last season there, he must be a floater, probably a munich now

Does that make him a Salford floater? There used to be plenty of them in t' ship canal!

Ask him about the time we went to Pompey on a mini bus with ball pein hammers stolen from Leigh college, we all hid ours under the back seat, one person kept his under his own seat, unfortunately the cops had got wind of our planned meeting with Manure on the services and raided our minibus, guess who got nicked? His butties were good.

HRH Boot Boy.

845082_f248.jpg

Sorry to disappoint you Undies. The connection between the Duke of York and Bolton Wanderers came about through a series the BBC did on the Queen a good few years ago. In fact I think it was in a Christmas Day broadcast. The Queen was shown with Prince Andrew watching events that had happened in 1953, the year of the Coronation. It showed footage of that years cup final and Andrew was heard to say that the two teams were Blackpool and Bolton. Bolton Wanderers were so delighted that they had been remembered by him that they sent a scarf and other goodies to the palace for him.

In fact Prince Andrew is a fan of Aston Villa.

The following is an extract from the transcript of the broadcast.

QUEEN?S CHRISTMAS BROADCAST, 1971

QUEEN:

Where do you think that was? That was the first time he had been to the ?

PRINCE ANDREW:

The F.A. Cup Final. Bolton Wanderers now are in the second division I think.

QUEEN:

Are they?

PRINCE ANDREW:

Yes.

QUEEN:

And that year was the year I was born, when he first went to the Cup Final.

PRINCE EDWARD:

That was 1926.

PRINCE ANDREW:

Before or after?

QUEEN:

About the same time. Don?t you like the fact that their shorts are rather long?

PRINCE ANDREW:

Yes, they roll their trousers down.

Edited by Biff

Wrong, hes a big bolton fan, i cant be arsed looking for the pic when he played for Dingle Rovers but was in the BEN at Burnden with a Wanderers scarf around his neck watching the big screen, think it was Wolves FA Cup game :good:

No he was actually stood behind us at wolves for the fa cup game

No he was actually stood behind us at wolves for the fa cup game

Wrong, hes a big bolton fan, i cant be arsed looking for the pic when he played for Dingle Rovers but was in the BEN at Burnden with a Wanderers scarf around his neck watching the big screen, think it was Wolves FA Cup game

I wasnt sure which match it was but he was deffo in the BEN :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.