Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Zat Knight

wayne cramp

I KNOW ITS BEEN SAID BEFORE AND I ALSO KNOW I WASNT AT BURNLEY BUT I HAVE JUST SEEN THE BRIEF 'HIGHLIGHTS ' ONT TELE AND FOOK MOP HE IS SHOCKIN, I,M PRETTY SURE EVEN ANDY O'BRIEN COULD JUDGE THE BOUNCE OF THE BALL OR NOT JUST LEAVE THE FACKIN THING FOR THE STRIKER TO SAY THANX VERY MUCH AND HAVE A FREE RUN ON GOAL .

METHINKS A CENTRE HALF IS NEEDED - PRETTY FOOKIN QUICKLY .

I KNOW ITS BEEN SAID BEFORE AND I ALSO KNOW I WASNT AT BURNLEY BUT I HAVE JUST SEEN THE BRIEF 'HIGHLIGHTS ' ONT TELE AND FOOK MOP HE IS SHOCKIN, I,M PRETTY SURE EVEN ANDY O'BRIEN COULD JUDGE THE BOUNCE OF THE BALL OR NOT JUST LEAVE THE FACKIN THING FOR THE STRIKER TO SAY THANX VERY MUCH AND HAVE A FREE RUN ON GOAL .

Bring back Fojut!

he is definately one of the worst cente backs to pull on our beloved white shirt of that i,m certain every time i watch him i am truly amazed how bad he really is.

The centre half debacle desperately needs sorting out in the transfer window. Neither AOB or Knight are the answer IMO. Their indecisiveness affects Cahill as well. We just need an old fashioned stopper to sit in next to Cahill, to win headers and get stuck in when needs be. This time last year I'd have said Ryan Shawcross but I don't think we'd have a hope now. It's not rocket science to figure out where we've dropped points and consequently why were in the bottom 3. If he was fit, I think we could do worse than Sol Campbell till the end of the season. Cahill would benefit from his experience as well. That's a big if though! A few clean sheets in the 2nd half of the season and I think we'll be right. At the moment, we're about to break the record for the most number of games played without a shut out in the Premier League which is currently held by Leicester the year they were relegated!

The centre half debacle desperately needs sorting out in the transfer window. Neither AOB or Knight are the answer IMO. Their indecisiveness affects Cahill as well. We just need an old fashioned stopper to sit in next to Cahill, to win headers and get stuck in when needs be. This time last year I'd have said Ryan Shawcross but I don't think we'd have a hope now. It's not rocket science to figure out where we've dropped points and consequently why were in the bottom 3. If he was fit, I think we could do worse than Sol Campbell till the end of the season. Cahill would benefit from his experience as well. That's a big if though! A few clean sheets in the 2nd half of the season and I think we'll be right. At the moment, we're about to break the record for the most number of games played without a shut out in the Premier League which is currently held by Leicester the year they were relegated!
well i would put money on us not keeping a clean sheet in any of the games he plays in this season with the exception of possibly lincoln, although im no big fan of shittu or obrien i feel they are better options at the moment, although they have both made mistakes they both put in the effort and graft, knight alas does not.

Knight is shocking but he isn't getting any help at all from the other defenders.

There is no way on gods earth he could have had a shout from his teammates when he dawdled on the ball.

I can not imagine the same thing happening if he had been playing with Bergsson for example, a dominating centre half would have been screaming at him, unfortunately Cahill seems only concerned with his own performance in my view..

And ultimately it wasn't Zat Knight who let them score the easiest goal you will see, it was Cahill and Jussi!!

Saying that Knight is still piss poor!

May I refer the honourable gentlemen to the comments I gave earlier...

... much much earlier... after 2 games in fact

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.p...p;hl=Zat+Knight

well i would put money on us not keeping a clean sheet in any of the games he plays in this season with the exception of possibly lincoln, although im no big fan of shittu or obrien i feel they are better options at the moment, although they have both made mistakes they both put in the effort and graft, knight alas does not.

i think that is a little unfair. There's no doubt that knight is playing poorly and was terrible against burnley, but i don't think that he isn't putting the effort in. he isn't crap through a lack of application, he's just not very good. It's unfair to question his effort because i'm sure, like all starters yesterday, he was trying to play well.

some of the fringe players like shittu and mark davies should get a game against lincoln and maybe can press for inclusion in premeirship games.

Knight is shocking but he isn't getting any help at all from the other defenders.

There is no way on gods earth he could have had a shout from his teammates when he dawdled on the ball.

It looked to me like Jussi told him that he had time, then he dawdled and lost the ball.

From that point onwards he was shocking... I thought he was getting better at one stage, maybe it's partly confidence?

Even so he isn't good enough.

When we signed Knight, I thought it was a good signing. A big English centre-half to play alongside Cahill etc etc.

He then went on to prove me wrong and was eventually dropped.

When he came back, he seemed to have improved considerably, but his "performance" at Burnley was one of the worst I've seen in a Bolton centre-half for a long time (and that includes Campo's efforts early on!).

He seems to have no concentration at all and David Blunkett could read the game better.

• Site Supporter
When we signed Knight, I thought it was a good signing. A big English centre-half to play alongside Cahill etc etc.

He then went on to prove me wrong and was eventually dropped.

When he came back, he seemed to have improved considerably, but his "performance" at Burnley was one of the worst I've seen in a Bolton centre-half for a long time (and that includes Campo's efforts early on!).

He seems to have no concentration at all and David Blunkett could read the game better.

Only slightly worse than Campo at Elland road!

Has Nicky Hunt ever played in the centre of the defence? Would he be any worse than we've seen up to now? Is he banging hard on Megson's door asking for a chance or is he happy to pick up his few thousand pounds a week for doing nothing?

Has Nicky Hunt ever played in the centre of the defence? Would he be any worse than we've seen up to now? Is he banging hard on Megson's door asking for a chance or is he happy to pick up his few thousand pounds a week for doing nothing?

He played there for England U21's a few times IIRC

Number 2 - Nicky Hunt; Number 3 - Nicky Hunt; Number 4 - Nicky Hunt; Number 5 - Nicky Hunt

Can only dream

He's lacking confidence, not helped by the terraces and not helped necessarily by the defenders and defensive midfielders around him this year.

'Definately one of the worst cente backs to pull on our beloved white shirt'? Take it you've not been watching the Wanderers long?

Both Knight and Cid are world beaters compared to the succession of paceless wonders we have in the 3rd and 4th divisions.

I couldnt agree more, but those players where adequate for the division and opposition they played against, where as Cid and Knight are totally inadequate the the PL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.