Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Sacked!

Gaz Nt

Now that it's happend it's the right decision. I wasn't one for slagging off the manager but I was getting increasingly frustrated, no more than last night. I don't buy in to this DMB stuff and I want what's best, and for me the best out there at the moment is Hughes. But I wouldn't be suprised if they went for Curbishley or even Peter Ried.

As it happens BWFC have made a mistake with Megson and them that appointed Megson have to take a good long look at themselves.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone seems happy with the sacking, just wait until Gartside appoints another manager who the fans dont agree with, there are many out there like Southgate.

Exactly. He had to go because the fans made his position untenable. Results werent great, but I liked alot of his signings though and the change to 442 which was demanded by the fans. I didnt like him when he first arrived but it kind of started to feel like "he's shit, but he's our shit". If Knight hadn't been quite so unbelievably bad he would still be in a job.

However I am now very concerned about who will be next from the shower of shite available. Hughes will neeeeeever come, never mind the time frame to sort out compensation with City. McLaren said he was keen for his next job to be in Spain. We'll end up with someone toss like Southgate or Reid.

• Site Supporter
Megson had is faults its plain to see, but Bolton fans (not every one) in general have been disrespectful and very poor "supporters" from the day Gaz walked in.

We would have more points and I believe already be more safe from relegation already but for our Shite fans.

Gary Megson didn't help himself, in fact you could call him a PR disaster, bet lets be honest it wasn't made easy for him. Sometimes I am ashamed to be a Bolton fan.

zoz

x

Nail on head. The majority of fans didn't get on his back straight away though; that was a small minority. The majority started feeling the same way when it was obvious that he couldn't manage his own team.

His ability to alienate himself with the fans did a lot to destroy any bridges between manager and supporters.

His unfortunate hair colour

During GM's tenure I never booed, I never called for him to be sacked because I felt it was never going to be good for the team performance. Now he's gone, however, I'm glad he's gone. I just hope the fans get behind the next manager WHOEVER it is. If we don't then we will find it very difficult to ever get a decent manager in.

Gartside has got too have somebody lined up.Doesnt he?

He cant do it on the cheap again, has too get somebody whos been and done it in the premiership befre and who hasnt been out of the game for so long.

For me It's gottta be Hughes, knows the current premier league, could attract those one or two quality signings and could attract city fringe players.

If we can affort to spunk 4.5 million on Knight and pay Nicky Hunt 30,000 a week, we've got too be able too up the managers wages too attract managers at the next level, pointless taking another risk again.

Get him while he's available! (if he'll come that is)

Whoever takes over the damage as already been done and to save us from relegation is going to be tough for whoever we get to manage us. He's left this club in ruins and if the majority of fans have seen it for months then why have the board not? It's a shambles...... :blink:

Nail on head. The majority of fans didn't get on his back straight away though; that was a small minority. The majority started feeling the same way when it was obvious that he couldn't manage his own team.

His ability to alienate himself with the fans did a lot to destroy any bridges between manager and supporters.

During GM's tenure I never booed, I never called for him to be sacked because I felt it was never going to be good for the team performance. Now he's gone, however, I'm glad he's gone. I just hope the fans get behind the next manager WHOEVER it is. If we don't then we will find it very difficult to ever get a decent manager in.

• Moderators
Paul Jewell was in the stands last night!

good lord no!

do you reckon he paid for his ticket?

I doubt Gartside tells perspective managers to come and watch, just in case we lose

makes me wonder if out of work managers eye up fixtures with managers on the brink in charge, then go and hang around trying to get noticed

Summed up perfectly Mickey, thank you

do you reckon he paid for his ticket?

I doubt Gartside tells perspective managers to come and watch, just in case we lose

makes me wonder if out of work managers eye up fixtures with managers on the brink in charge, then go and hang around trying to get noticed

get mark hughes with gary speed as assistant and gudni as defence coach

Spot on MickyD

Whoever it is we HAVE to get behind him

COYWM

And for the ones who say we wont be back there is one here who will be - not for the Lincoln game though

Can't say I'm sorry to see Megson go - but it's really important that the town get behind the team now, whoever ends up in charge!

Would be great to see a big turn out against Lincoln to prove to the players that it was the Manager and not them that people had a problem with.

Jesus, I bet Klasnic thinks we've been like this since the dawn of time.

Gather up everyone you can for Saturday and sing your hearts out!!!

It may be too late for me. I stopped going 2 years ago after 25 years with a season ticket because I basically didn't enjoy it any longer, it was a ball ache going just to be bored shitless for 90 minutes. Ive watched most games on pub TV this season and the only games I thought "I wish I was there" was Tottenham (Home), Everton (Home), poss one half of the UTD game (Home) the rest justified to me my decision to jack in my season ticket. Trouble is unless I see a major turn around I just cant see myself going back - I hope I do. Lets see.

Can't say I'm sorry to see Megson go - but it's really important that the town get behind the team now, whoever ends up in charge!

Would be great to see a big turn out against Lincoln to prove to the players that it was the Manager and not them that people had a problem with.

Jesus, I bet Klasnic thinks we've been like this since the dawn of time.

Gather up everyone you can for Saturday and sing your hearts out!!!

well said,

paul jewell gets my vote

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.