Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigleys Gone

HomerJay

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised Steve Wigley left as he was reputed to be a very good coach and even works with England in the Under-21's. I've seen some reports in the papers saying how much the players enjoy his coaching sessions and I think he could be a loss.

I hope that both Fred Barber and Chris Evan both stay. Fred Barber has been at the club for years and knows how to work with and get the best out of Jussi and Al Habsi. He's one of the best goalkeeping coaches in the business and i think Bolton would be stupid to let him go. He stayed after both Big sam and Little Sam left so i don't see why he should leave now.

Chris Evans knows the players there and what they are about and I think getting rid of anybody at the club with an insight into the current squad would be foolish as, with no disrespect to coyle of his team, they don't know much about our current players. It's always healthy to have some semblance of continuity.

Edited by jonathan

I'm surprised Steve Wigley left as he was reputed to be a very good coach and even works with England in the Under-21's. I've seen some reports in the papers saying how much the players enjoy his coaching sessions and I think he could be a loss.

I hope that both Fred Barber and Chris Evan both stay. Fred Barber has been at the club for years and knows how to work with and get the best out of Jussi and Al Habsi. He's one of the best goalkeeping coaches in the business and i think Bolton would be stupid to let him go. He stayed after both Big sam and Little Sam left so i don't see why he should leave now.

Chris Evans knows the players there and what they are about and I think getting rid of anybody at the club with an insight into the current squad would be foolish as, with no disrespect to coyle of his team, they don't know much about our current players. It's always healthy to have some semblance of continuity.

Chris Evans? I don't. I can't believe he's still here now tbh & really would be amazed if he was still here tomorrow.

Just seen that too. Wonder how the rest of the back room staff would be impacted? Fred Barber for example, IMO he would be a great loss.

A ex pro keeper I know rates Fred Barber is the best goal-keeping coach in the country. He is also very close to Jussi and Al Habsi.

If he goes, I will be very disappointed. But I can't understand us having 2 goal keeping coaches.

Have any of these new coaches being brought in been anywhere near the Premier League before this season?

A ex pro keeper I know rates Fred Barber is the best goal-keeping coach in the country. He is also very close to Jussi and Al Habsi.

If he goes, I will be very disappointed. But I can't understand us having 2 goal keeping coaches.

Have any of these new coaches being brought in been anywhere near the Premier League before this season?

He's a good lad Fred. Me and another London white were walking past the team bus at Brum back in 2004 when he gets off and says "are you the lads after the tickets?". Naturally we said "yes" and so got presented with two free tickets. If the real intended recipients read this I can only apologise ::lol::

neil edwards works with our keepers

barber isn't full time

is my understanding

Is correct. He does stuff freelance, I think with WBA and he has his 'schools'

Edited by Gonk

If the decision was taken to sack Megson then surely the whole lot of them go? Why the surprise? Cork and Wigley were inextricably linked with Megson and hence part of the problem. Well rid I reckon. Never filled me with confidence those three.

As for Evans, if he was just a Megson man then he will be down the road as well. Or OC might have a chat with him and decide to keep him on with the Academy.

With Steve Davis, Phil Hughes and the Chief Scout coming over though, as well as the two we expected looks like it is all change.

Breath of fresh air or too much too soon? It's going to be interesting at least!

Chris Evans has been here over 2 years you can count his interviews to the press on 1 hand, I never seen him once present a united front in the media or on the touchline with Gary Megson, why he was appointed as assistant manager can only be guessed at and my guess is Megson appointed him knowing that he was not a threat for the managers job, the sooner we get rid of him the better and I doubt that you will ever hear of him linked with any top management at any club ever again.

• Site Supporter

i think evans was more megsons right hand man on none matchday side (if that makes any sense.)

i seem to remeber megson speaking of him being in charge of restructuring the club in terms of interal staff/scouting/academy etc.

and to be fair, from what ive read/heard he has done a very decent job.

i think evans was more megsons right hand man on none matchday side (if that makes any sense.)

i seem to remeber megson speaking of him being in charge of restructuring the club in terms of interal staff/scouting/academy etc.

and to be fair, from what ive read/heard he has done a very decent job.

I don't know who you've heard from but that is not the concensus of opinion.

• Site Supporter
I don't know who you've heard from but that is not the concensus of opinion.

granted, it was from megson/gartside who are going to speak highly of him

ive also heard the same and a couple of current staff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.