Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Income Tax & Ni

My monthly take home pay varies month on month and I never know if my tax & NI is correct, I am PAYE.

Does anyone know of a website where you can input your taxable earnings to date and your tax code and it tells you what you should have paid in tax & NI thus far?

Cheers

Edited by JimmyRiddle

whats makes you think its wrong?

Beacuse on the months where my earnings have been similar my tax payments haven't?

Plus keep hearing of people getting tax rebates becuase they have been overcharged, given the fluxuations in my salary each month I would like to have a better handle on if its correct!

Cheers for link, will check when next in office, many thanks.

Edited by JimmyRiddle

My monthly take home pay varies month on month and I never know if my tax & NI is correct, I am PAYE.

Does anyone know of a website where you can input your taxable earnings to date and your tax code and it tells you what you should have paid in tax & NI thus far?

Cheers

Whereas PAYE Tax is cumalative, and given your Gross Taxable pay To date, and Tax code, you should be able to work out how much tax you should have paid to a given point in time, NI isn't cumalative, and is lined to your gross pay per payment period.

Try this ste :

Tax calculator

Cheers for links, but they both appear the give the required monthly deductions on your gross salary over the 12 months., which is fine if your income is static.

However I do not know my gross salary until year end as I have loads of add ons, therefore I was after a site where you say;

my current taxable earnings are X by month ?, therefore I have Y tax & Z NI liabilities.

They don't work out a new tax code for you every month.

Eh! I never said they did?

But they work out a new tax payment each month dependant upon what you earn in that particular month and from your other earnings to date.

If you earn 24k then its based on 2k per month, easy.

But if you have a basic of 24k but actually earn ?37,456 over the year through overtime, bonuses etc, every month being differant then its not quite as easy to figure out where your up to?

Even more so if you go into higher tax bracket at some point in the year?

PS. These figures are used for illustration purposes only..

Edited by JimmyRiddle

Cheers for links, but they both appear the give the required monthly deductions on your gross salary over the 12 months., which is fine if your income is static.

However I do not know my gross salary until year end as I have loads of add ons, therefore I was after a site where you say;

my current taxable earnings are X by month ?, therefore I have Y tax & Z NI liabilities.

Try here.

whats makes you think its wrong?

if payroll is run through sage, which id most likely is, it should be correct.

try http://www.pem.co.uk...rs/payroll.html

We deal with companies every day who use sage Payroll, and I can assure you that in small companies theres a 30% chance that the person using the software is doing the payroll incorrectly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.