Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Storage Options - Advice

I need to put some sofa's, beds and furniture in long term storage.

Anyone got any advice on most economical way to do this?

Cheers

I've got my car stored with this mob , address and stuff below

Ready Steady Store

30 Shield Drive

Worsley Manchester M28 2QB

t - +44 (0)161 727 4100

f - +44 (0)161 727 4119

e - worsley@readysteadystore.com

w - www.readysteadystore.com

Aye, I store some stuff at Adams. Nancy is a top girl but the bloke is indeed a proper munich, tie, cufflinks etc.... and one of the directors is a barcode!

Cheap though and convenient.

The munich btw is apparently the original singer of a band known as 'Rain' who later became Oasis. Not that he does any karaeoke turns or owt I think.....

I need to put some sofa's, beds and furniture in long term storage.

Anyone got any advice on most economical way to do this?

Cheers

Most economical way is to work out its value against the storage costs (plus insurance if you dont have the same).

I put all our garden and camping stuff in storage for over year with Safestore Warrington and that was only a 6x6 room. Trouble is I didnt know how long I'd need it for so kept extending it by 3 months at a time.

I could have binned it and bought new for the same. Also, what condition will it be when you get it back - is the cheapest place dry and reasonably warm, or is it cold and damp?

Most economical way is to work out its value against the storage costs (plus insurance if you dont have the same).

I put all our garden and camping stuff in storage for over year with Safestore Warrington and that was only a 6x6 room. Trouble is I didnt know how long I'd need it for so kept extending it by 3 months at a time.

I could have binned it and bought new for the same. Also, what condition will it be when you get it back - is the cheapest place dry and reasonably warm, or is it cold and damp?

What kind of price we talking?

I would need about half a single garage size for 3-4 years!

Dont pay the window price. Haggle.

I was paying something like ?20 a week, it cost me over a grand for the year anyway. If you're certain your storing for 3 years then you'd hope get that a lot cheaper.

For that amount of time I'd be looking to get something for about ?10 per square foot which is what long lease unfurnished industrial property on shitty industrial estates costs. Add say ?5 for management of the place and looking after your gear so something around ?15/ft2 would be my starting point for clean, dry, safe storage.

So for example 6' * 6' = 36sqft * ?15 = ?540 per year. I think they insist on you having insurance too but I cant remember what Safestore did/offered.

Dont forget to pile it high even if you have to get some cheap racking. Fresh air costs nowt to rent.

• Site Supporter

Aye, I store some stuff at Adams. Nancy is a top girl but the bloke is indeed a proper munich, tie, cufflinks etc.... and one of the directors is a barcode!

Cheap though and convenient.

The munich btw is apparently the original singer of a band known as 'Rain' who later became Oasis. Not that he does any karaeoke turns or owt I think.....

nancy is indeed worth the storage charge alone., especially in summer.

chris the"munich" is a top bloke. and he has a season ticket and goes all over watching them , so a proper football fan , and he's from manchester..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.