Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Did Anyone See It Kicking Off Today

Piemon

When Taylor went off, this 17 year old said something, and the guy in his forties in front of him turned round and gave him a load of threatening abuse. The teenagers dad/friend then punched the guy in the face, it kicked off and then I think it was the youngsters dad who smacked him in the face as well. Then the police waded in and chucked the first two out.

Anyone see Taylor throw a hissy fit and kick a water bottle into our subs. Taylor has a got a seriously bad attitude.

Guest bwfcdan

Not being funny but he might be playing bloody awful but when you get abuse off your own fans it must be shit. Get behind the team!!

Edited by bwfcdan

• Site Supporter

Agreed. I said it at Wigan and I said it today, being cheered off the pitch in a derisory manner won't make him play better next week.

He's the new Megson who was the new Hunt, who was the new Jimmy Phillips etc.

Bolton fans love to have a scapegoat. As it happens he wasn't the worst player on the pitch. That accolade was shared between Gardener and CYL but the 'fans' won't want to admit that, will they?

Agreed. I said it at Wigan and I said it today, being cheered off the pitch in a derisory manner won't make him play better next week.

Bolton fans love to have a scapegoat. As it happens he wasn't the worst player on the pitch. That accolade was shared between Gardener and CYL but the 'fans' won't want to admit that, will they?

agree, probably worst ive seen CYL play. he wasnt alone though

I wasn't there, I'm still largely laid up. And I don't boo etc our players at games when I am there. But .....

Why not ? Why wouldn't a blow to your self-esteem make you come out fighting next time ? Is he a man or a mouse ?

More to the point, what WILL make him (or any of them) play better next week ?

We're now in a desperate position due to awful team performances all season (with a few exceptions). We need all the players giving 100% and taking on the opposition from the first whistle, not meaningless ghost-written words on the web site or in the Bolton News. Never mind the fans, how do OC and his staff achieve this ?

Different manager same old scrapping amongst our own fans. :blink:

Thought with Owen now in charge the atmosphere amongst the fans would change for the better.

Got the point now where I think BWFC fans will be never united. :(

Edited by fruitbat69

that award goes to Robinson...talentless thug.

Guest Frandsen08

taylor has become a scapegoat for annoyed supporters , similar to nolan a few seasons ago. but he doesnt do himself any favors shouting at players all the time when they havent done much wrong, throwing paddys, allegedly kicking water bottle into the subs.

he wasnt the worst player yesterday but he wasnt brilliant either, if megson was still in charge people would be blaming megson for continuing to play him, but coyle hasnt had that.

if taylor is too be dropped he isnt the only one.

• Site Supporter

taylor has become a scapegoat for annoyed supporters , similar to nolan a few seasons ago. but he doesnt do himself any favors shouting at players all the time when they havent done much wrong, throwing paddys, allegedly kicking water bottle into the subs.

he wasnt the worst player yesterday but he wasnt brilliant either, if megson was still in charge people would be blaming megson for continuing to play him, but coyle hasnt had that.

if taylor is too be dropped he isnt the only one.

i think that kinda indicates that he knows he been shit and its hurting him.

better than just coming off in silence and fuckin off down the tunnel without a care in the world.

Still doesn't hide the fact that he should have been dropped for a number of inept performances.

No player is immune to that. When Wilshere played instead of him at City, I thought he did

well. Then low and behold Taylor is put straight back in.

I do not agree with chastising our own players, but Taylors performances this season do not

equal first team football for me. Sometimes a spell on the bench galvanises a player.

I also think the same could be said of SKD (who I love to bits), but just hasn't been on

his game for a few months (apart from Arsenal away)

• Site Supporter

Still doesn't hide the fact that he should have been dropped for a number of inept performances.

No player is immune to that. When Wilshere played instead of him at City, I thought he did

well. Then low and behold Taylor is put straight back in.

I do not agree with chastising our own players, but Taylors performances this season do not

equal first team football for me. Sometimes a spell on the bench galvanises a player.

I also think the same could be said of SKD (who I love to bits), but just hasn't been on

his game for a few months (apart from Arsenal away)

i agree, taylor should/could have been dropped long ago to prevent the fans getting on his back.

i see gartside/megson/fans exactly the same as coyle/taylor/fans

he need to be taken out of the limelight and man managed.

but how do you drop somebody who is your best set peice take when you rely so heavily on set peices?

• Moderators

i agree, taylor should/could have been dropped long ago to prevent the fans getting on his back.

i see gartside/megson/fans exactly the same as coyle/taylor/fans

he need to be taken out of the limelight and man managed.

but how do you drop somebody who is your best set peice take when you rely so heavily on set peices?

but when his corners don't beat first man and his free kicks don't beat the wall as is more often the case at the moment, then it's not a big loss

Taylor is injured (lower back, I think).

Don't know why Coyle is asking him to play with the injury but if the lad keeps getting picked its not his fault is it?

Hopefully he will be rested for the next few games as I think now Coyle has seen he is not up to scratch with the injury and one the the young loanees will be given a chance.

• Site Supporter

but when his corners don't beat first man and his free kicks don't beat the wall as is more often the case at the moment, then it's not a big loss

thing is zico, your just recalling from memory.

coyle has the actual stats.

and im only guessing here, but i reckon the stats are very much in taylors favour.

Edited by HomerJay

Guest bwfcdan

You mean like LCY?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.