Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Scum 4

Far from safe by any stretch of the imagination. Reading went down with 36 in 08 when looking safe at the same point as we do. Without being too negative cannot see where next points are coming from - Villa (smarting from today or confidence fcuked?), Chelsea away and Stoke away. Not a good run.

The next 3 points are coming next week. I really think we will win that one. 4 nil flattered them cunts today. I thought we played well but stupid schoolboy errors cost us big time.

Diddles, what did wilshere do? I thought he was gash.

By far our best player yesterday took the fight to Man u at every opportunity, slid the ball through for Elmanders chance and showed courage and composure that most of our players could not match. oh and he is only 18.

Far from safe by any stretch of the imagination. Reading went down with 36 in 08 when looking safe at the same point as we do. Without being too negative cannot see where next points are coming from - Villa (smarting from today or confidence fcuked?), Chelsea away and Stoke away. Not a good run.

If we cannot get the points required from Birmingham/Stoke/Villa/Pompey we dont deserve to stay up.

• Site Supporter

By far our best player yesterday took the fight to Man u at every opportunity, slid the ball through for Elmanders chance and showed courage and composure that most of our players could not match. oh and he is only 18.

not convinced, he needs to be involved much more (not entirely his fault i accept)

and he aint a left winger and look far more comfortable in the centre when taylor came on. but not convinced he is good enough to play in the centre from the off.

i appreciate he is very young and will become a decent player over time.

Guest Frandsen08

agree that wilshere is definately not a left winger, but i thought he had a decent game.

fuck knows what samuel was doing for that own goal, my god.

Wilshire created our best 2 chances.

The clever through ball for Elmander, then the couple of touches and lay off for Muamba that Van Der Sar saved somehow.

I also thought he kept the ball well, compared to our other players anyways.

It will be interesting to see if Coyle tries to get him on another loan next season, or we go for a similar kind of player. He's IMO a big improvement on M.Taylor, maybe he needs to deliver his corners with better accuracy though. I thought Lee was the better at set pieces[still did a couple of over hit corners], but Wilshire was Bolton's man of the match for me with his open play football, that could of created 2 goals.

yes we created some decent chances yesterday but we dont have a finisher

IMO Elmander can run all day long and look enthusiastic but he adds very little. On a number of occasions he shot from long range which was never going to trouble the goal; the guy at the side of me kept applausing but Elmander was just wasting a very good opportunity. When he did get the chance he overrun the ball and hit it straight at their keeper. Dont know whats wrong with Klasnic but he would have finished that chance

Good overall performance though up to 20 mins from time with the exception of Samuel who was awful even if he hadn't scored the own goal.

• Moderators

that Utd fan in the East / North lower corner got a few punches landed on him didn't he!

best bit was when the stewards grabbed him and actually slowed down his exit from the ground meaning everyone who wanted was able to get a jab in

police just watched, fair play to em

I thought wilshere was our best player to be honest.

Yet again though the opposition are set on the way by a howler by one of the full backs. I'm tired of seeing it, week in week out it seems to happen. Priority for me in the summer is getting in two decent ones and shipping out the dross ones. 60 goals we've let in now, im not saying they;re all the full backs fault (maybe the wide mids dont protect enough, maybe the centre halfs at fault for a lot) but i think theyve had more bad games than good the lot of them. Id keep ricketts, purely because he can do a job across the whole of the backline, as a reserve though. Id want better quality in the starting 11 than what we've got though. The other three could all go if we can find replacements

Wilshire created our best 2 chances.

The clever through ball for Elmander, then the couple of touches and lay off for Muamba that Van Der Sar saved somehow.

I also thought he kept the ball well, compared to our other players anyways.

It will be interesting to see if Coyle tries to get him on another loan next season, or we go for a similar kind of player. He's IMO a big improvement on M.Taylor, maybe he needs to deliver his corners with better accuracy though. I thought Lee was the better at set pieces[still did a couple of over hit corners], but Wilshire was Bolton's man of the match for me with his open play football, that could of created 2 goals.

Id love to have him back for a second spell - not sure if the ramsey injury/how long he is out for will have killed any hope of that though. Wenger may think hes ready for the odd outing for them next season also. I wouldnt mind seeing him in the hole behind one striker especially in away games/home to the big teams. Think youve got to be flexible at times and not just stick the same formation no matter who your playing. I also knew theyd get the second goal the minute we wasted 3/4 mins patching elmander up. Cant play against them v ten men, they were getting enough space at times for the triangle type football as it was. Should of booted the ball out when we got it back from the drop ball and made the sub then. He took him off 5 mins later anyway. That second goal was the killer and came when we having a good spell

I thought wilshere was our best player to be honest.

Yet again though the opposition are set on the way by a howler by one of the full backs. I'm tired of seeing it, week in week out it seems to happen. Priority for me in the summer is getting in two decent ones and shipping out the dross ones. 60 goals we've let in now, im not saying they;re all the full backs fault (maybe the wide mids dont protect enough, maybe the centre halfs at fault for a lot) but i think theyve had more bad games than good the lot of them. Id keep ricketts, purely because he can do a job across the whole of the backline, as a reserve though. Id want better quality in the starting 11 than what we've got though. The other three could all go if we can find replacements

Quite right on both points.

Including Nicky Hunt and Gardner, we've got 6 players at the club who have been regular full backs in The Premiership for us - and there isn't a proper full-back between them!

Quite right on both points.

Including Nicky Hunt and Gardner, we've got 6 players at the club who have been regular full backs in The Premiership for us - and there isn't a proper full-back between them!

I watched my recorded motd tonight as i had f?ck all else to do. the second, third and fourth goals where woeful defending with our defenders yards away from their opponents. Fraid to say that our billion pound centre half was the one to blame for the second. Went with the player with the ball who was already being tracked by our left back and then seemed surprised when the reverse pass went to the Berbatov.

I watched my recorded motd tonight as i had f?ck all else to do. the second, third and fourth goals where woeful defending with our defenders yards away from their opponents. Fraid to say that our billion pound centre half was the one to blame for the second. Went with the player with the ball who was already being tracked by our left back and then seemed surprised when the reverse pass went to the Berbatov.

I think the large part of the blame for the second goal falls at the refs feet, Elmander takes elbow to the head and a foul should have been awarded to Bolton instead ref brings play back as Elmander is treated for the cut to the head, Bolton then give ball back to united who launch it upfield and promptly score.

I think the large part of the blame for the second goal falls at the refs feet, Elmander takes elbow to the head and a foul should have been awarded to Bolton instead ref brings play back as Elmander is treated for the cut to the head, Bolton then give ball back to united who launch it upfield and promptly score.

JLS is as much at fault for the second goal as anyone, what the fcuk he is doing just watching the ball rebound out from Jussi rather than making some attempt to close down the gypsy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.