Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hope We Are All Getting Pissed Tonight

• Site Supporter

My daughter's class were told they were to visit a local mosque. The girls were told that they were to cover up their arms and heads during the trip as a show of respect.

My daughter asked her Muslim RE teacher if; should a reciprocal visit be made; any Muslim girl visiting a Christian church would be asked to remove her headscarf prior to entering.

It didn't go down too well but got her excused from the trip along with a few others who jumped on the back of my daughter's reasoning.

I got a letter from school advising me of her outspoken views to which I replied that, while I don't share her views, I do admire her thought process and ability to get her point across. The head teacher actually agreed with me.

I'm probably considered small minded as if I had a daughter, I wouldn't want her to step foot in a mosque ever.

Do they have to visit one to know about it? I know the moon's not got a lot of atmosphere, but I cant say I've been often.

My daughter's class were told they were to visit a local mosque. The girls were told that they were to cover up their arms and heads during the trip as a show of respect.

My daughter asked her Muslim RE teacher if; should a reciprocal visit be made; any Muslim girl visiting a Christian church would be asked to remove her headscarf prior to entering.

It didn't go down too well but got her excused from the trip along with a few others who jumped on the back of my daughter's reasoning.

I got a letter from school advising me of her outspoken views to which I replied that, while I don't share her views, I do admire her thought process and ability to get her point across. The head teacher actually agreed with me.

I would rather that all races drop their belief in the supernatural. However in this current political climate it would seem to me that islam needs to be treated with a more sensitivity than any other fairy tale clap trap. So much so that we in Britain are forced to turn a blind eye to female circumsism, forced marriage and under age sex within our multicultural communities as to object to this would make us intolerant and racist.

Edited by Big_Girl_Oral_Explosion

What i didn't understand at school was why you had to go to classes like R.E if you were not religious, if people believe in a god, then that's what they have brought up to do so by their parents, if i don't believe in God or have no interest in other religions why would i want to learn about it?

In year 9 i was in set 1 in French, so i also had to do German. One day i said to my teacher after she told me off " Why do i need to do French? just a a waste of time, if i want to learn French i will when i'm older" i then got moved down to set 3 and didn't have to do German, which i was happy about.

My point is, olders learn children and bring them up the way that they was, it continues in this way through the generations, it's all brainwashed kids growing up believing something that is not true, there is no God, there is no proof, just false hope and belief and they are led to believe they have to to respect their religion so they don't upset their family.

• Site Supporter

Hmmm, just remind me Micky - who turned this from a "Let's get pissed" thread, into a circular religious rant?

As it happens it was jayjayoghani when he said he was having an Islamic easter.

Next question!

• Site Supporter

I'm probably considered small minded as if I had a daughter, I wouldn't want her to step foot in a mosque ever.

Do they have to visit one to know about it? I know the moon's not got a lot of atmosphere, but I cant say I've been often.

I've been in the big mosque on Derby Street, name escapes me.

The changing/shower area is amazing, complete with heated tile floor.

Would put most footy clubs to shame.

• Site Supporter

On my visit to the mosque, the girls were asked to cover their arms but not their heads.

What did they want them to cover their heads with, Mickey?

To finish off this debate can i add that i a m a first generation Pole who knows more than most of you sensitive offended lefty multiculturalisms apologists!

(CARLOS) I could write a book about how it was to not English as a 4 year old in in the early 1960's as all that mattered then was how the English won the war and we were foreign as we had a funny name!

right!

1. As as family we INTEGRATED (get that Carlos)

2. my father and mother respected the country that welcomed them with open arms.

3. we adopted the customs of the country that welcomed us.

4. we became british and are proud of it!

now you call me a racist for not accepting their muslim beliefs then bollocks to you!!!!

I was born here in Townley's in 1960 and do not accept your innuendo! where do you want to meet to sort this out?...... I cannot accept your sly intoned keyboard warrior type racist accusation! This is probably the pole in me Are you at the match tomorrow ?!

To finish off this debate can i add that i a m a first generation Pole who knows more than most of you sensitive offended lefty multiculturalisms apologists!

(CARLOS) I could write a book about how it was to not English as a 4 year old in in the early 1960's as all that mattered then was how the English won the war and we were foreign as we had a funny name!

right!

2. my father and mother respected the country that welcomed them with open arms.

now you call me a racist for not accepting their muslim beliefs then bollocks to you!!!!

I was born here in Townley's in 1960 and do not accept your innuendo! where do you want to meet to sort this out?...... I cannot accept your sly intoned keyboard warrior type racist accusation! This is probably the pole in me Are you at the match tomorrow ?!

Kinell mate chill, i don't think Carlos has even been seen on this thread. :pardon:

• Site Supporter

right!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNFCUKINGBELIVEABLE

• Site Supporter

sorry mate on a different thread Carlos accused me as being a racist. I call the b?sterd out!

To be honest BGOE, we get called a lot of things on here; Racists, Bigots, Wankers, Fat Cunts, Thin Cunts, Scruffy Cunts, Scouse Cunts, you name it . . .

I think you're over-reacting to a point of view. 1st generation Pole or not, your sometimes outspoken and contoversial views, can be viewed one way by some and viewed another way by others.

Just saying.

right!

i take it as you posted at 11.05 you were leathered when posting this.

out of interest are you (being polish) catholic ?

with regard the rest of your post, this is a forum, if you post something that people do not agree with they will respond. do not take it so seriously.

As it happens it was jayjayoghani when he said he was having an Islamic easter.

Next question!

Yeh right. I think JJ was just havin' a laugh - have a read back through the thread.

Doh Micky. How do you think the average Muslim celebrates Easter?

• Site Supporter

Re-read my reply to your obviously tongue-in-cheek post. I stated that I'd seen a group of Muslim women buying Easter eggs. Your post was, therefore, the catalyst for this thread moving to religion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.