Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You've Done The Hard Part...

jules_darby

Guest Frandsen08

he said beglin took ill earlier

shame

oh right, and they dont have david pleat on standby?!

bloody hell ITV

Where's everyone saying they have a Snjieder / Holland double?

Last minutes were cracking, would of loved a Uruguay goal.

Incidentally, did you know the official name of that country is 'The Oriental Republic of Uruguay'? Odd considering they reside in the Western Hemisphere.

• Moderators

I hope its nothing trivial.

I really don't like Beglin but he's been the best thing about ITV's coverage. It's been that bad. Adrian Chiles is just a bumbling idiot at this level, his quirky MOTD2 style doesn't work.

Where's everyone saying they have a Snjieder / Holland double?

Last minutes were cracking, would of loved a Uruguay goal.

Incidentally, did you know the official name of that country is 'The Oriental Republic of Uruguay'? Odd considering they reside in the Western Hemisphere.

I've got a Holland / Villa double. Cant believe that goal was awarded to Sneijder in the Brazil game.

Just wondering whether I should do some arbitrage stuff - maybe Spain/Villa, Germany/Klose and Germany/Muller doubles?

Sneijders had so much luck in these finals for his goals, the one against Japan was a goalkeeping error, the one against Brazil was an O.G and against Uruguay the ball took a massive deflection and Van Persie was offside/active.

I have Spain/Villa, Villa missed a pen against Honduras also.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Well I have no doubles but I do have had Holland to win the WC from pre-tournament.

I also have Huntelaar, Higuain and Klose for top scorers...Huntelaar aint gonna do it and Higain can't so I'm hoping for Holland to beat Germany on Sunday with Klose bagging a couple along the way

Schneijders been one of the few decent things about this tournament, his movemement and his eye for a pass i find a joy to watch.

His shot/cross against Brazil was on target btw,and Melo's head hardly touched the ball.

Schneijders goal against Uraguay was a shot on target again,but this time it took a slight deflection into the net. BOTH credited to the lad - and rightly so imo.

Fat Frank Lampard has wickedly deflected shots that hit the net every other week in the Premiership, yet pundits never mention any possibility of an O.G. :pardon:

Schneijders been one of the few decent things about this tournament, his movemement and his eye for a pass i find a joy to watch.

His shot/cross against Brazil was on target btw,and Melo's head hardly touched the ball.

Schneijders goal against Uraguay was a shot on target again,but this time it took a slight deflection into the net. BOTH credited to the lad - and rightly so imo.

Fat Frank Lampard has wickedly deflected shots that hit the net every other week in the Premiership, yet pundits never mention any possibility of an O.G. :pardon:

But the keeper would have parried it had Melo not got his head on it, which change direction and blocked the keeper. Hardly a deflection.

But the keeper would have parried it had Melo not got his head on it.

And if my Auntie had a dick an' all that :roll:

I appreciate the fact that Schneidey's been "fortunate" for a couple of his goals,but there's no doubting the lads class. He's been the player of the tournament thus far imo, and the fat lady is clearing her throat.

PS - Can you tell i've got him in my World cup dream team,and i'm currently filling my boots? :D

• Site Supporter

And if my Auntie had a dick an' all that rolleyes.gif

I appreciate the fact that Schneidey's been "fortunate" for a couple of his goals,but there's no doubting the lads class. He's been the player of the tournament thus far imo, and the fat lady is clearing her throat.

PS - Can you tell i've got him in my World cup dream team,and i'm currently filling my boots? biggrin.gif

agreed.

Yea he may have had fortunate goals, but he's been just as brilliant as Ozil and Scweinsteiger.

Xavi has made the most passes in the comp, but Sneijder has been more penetrative, and has deserved his fortune. Both he & Robben didn't work out at the most famous club Real Madrid but have proved they are both world class.

It was an O.G IMO, but I can understand why it was given to Sneijder, it was a cross and it only took a slight deflection, If it was a shot with only a slight deflection then it would have been credited to the shooter as it was on target.

It was an O.G IMO, but I can understand why it was given to Sneijder, it was a cross and it only took a slight deflection, If it was a shot with only a slight deflection then it would have been credited to the shooter as it was on target.

That Raoul Moat's not a bad shooter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.