Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

Just now, MancWanderer said:

Yeah but it wasn’t 

Other than laugh at the culshies? And how simple and dull they are?

Yeah it was.

What you might find entertaining isn't necessarily the same as what I might find entertaining.

Different strokes for different folks and all that 

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Yeah it was.

What you might find entertaining isn't necessarily the same as what I might find entertaining.

Different strokes for different folks and all that 

Yep. No need for a club shop arrangement

You liked it. I thought that it was shit

• Members
11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Finally got round to watching it

Really wanted to like it

I don’t get it. I really don’t get it

Like Mrs Manc (2nd generation pikey) said it’s a lovely film about how thick the culshies are. What the FECK is the point in a FILUM that propagates stereotypes without meaning?

Hopefully someone will tell me what the point of the film is. I genuinely would like to know. Colin Farrell played a great part. I got that. I’d seen his interviews about it so was looking forward to it 

@bolty582/10 is generous 

I thought it was just me (once again - which does not concern me of course). Fabulous scenery. Loved the donkey (I'll be supporting those tangerine twats next). After that I am genuinely struggling.

Once he started cutting off his fingers I'd seen enough.

Each to their own though. If some perceive huge artistic merit in it then good luck to them. If we all liked the same thing it would be a sad old world.

Knowing what I know now, someone would have to pay me handsomely to sit through it. Utter fucking tosh IMO but then again, I thought The Commitments and Remember The Titans were absolutely brilliant so my judgement is probably best ignored. Following the superior intellect of someone who is a big mover and shaker in the arts world might be a wiser course.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

I thought it was just me (once again - which does not concern me of course). Fabulous scenery. Loved the donkey (I'll be supporting those tangerine twats next). After that I am genuinely struggling.

Once he started cutting off his fingers I'd seen enough.

Each to their own though. If some perceive huge artistic merit in it then good luck to them. If we all liked the same thing it would be a sad old world.

Knowing what I know now, someone would have to pay me handsomely to sit through it. Utter fucking tosh IMO but then again, I thought The Commitments and Remember The Titans were absolutely brilliant so my judgement is probably best ignored. Following the superior intellect of someone who is a big mover and shaker in the arts world might be a wiser course.

For what it’s worth, I agree with this.

I thought it was just a lightweight, meandering film with a pretty flimsy plot.

Scenery was great, but that doesn’t really warrant all the fuss.

And again, I thought The Fifths Element was superb, so it’s horses for courses

Fall on Netflix.

If you enjoyed the claustrophobic and hopelessness atmosphere of The Descent (2005) then I reckon you'll enjoy the vertigo and same hopelessness of Fall. Similar cast and storyline. A loss of someone close has our main character languishing in mourning for a year. Her best friend persuades her to get back on to the free climbing horse and climb a very tall transmitter mast in the middle of a desert. A couple of things made me mark this film down. One was that a active transmitter mast would not be left to be in such a unkept state (yes, I know it's a fussy gripe but my H&S side kicked in). The other was the feet's of exceptional superhuman strength that our main characters possessed. But some of this was somewhat explained later on. The ending was a tad disappointing too. Take away my minor criticism and you have a tense ride for the majority of the film.

On 05/03/2023 at 00:26, mickbrown said:

I loved it.

So did I. Watched it on the plane home this morning (last reference to my jolly) Explained it to my wife, she won’t be watching it. It’s dark for sure but engrossing. I also watched Jojo Rabbit. (along with another half dozen) Seen it before but love it especially the scene at the end. The darkness of the plane hides the tears.

23 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

So did I. Watched it on the plane home this morning (last reference to my jolly) Explained it to my wife, she won’t be watching it. It’s dark for sure but engrossing. I also watched Jojo Rabbit. (along with another half dozen) Seen it before but love it especially the scene at the end. The darkness of the plane hides the tears.

Sounds like you had quite the trip.👍

Very jealous 

6 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

“It’s not a good time to be a Nazi, Jojo”