Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rooney - I Hope....

Ani

• Site Supporter

It's a fairly well knwn fact that his agent Paul STretford has Rooney firmly in his pocket.

He'll be on 10% of all takings, at least. Rooney goes for no fee in a couple of years that's a few million he'll miss out on.

"Go now Wayne, we'll all make filthy amounts and you won't even have to move house."

Agents run this game, no-one else.

Love what is happening to the scum however it shows Rooney up for what he is a no class low life, managers should do the Brian Clough thing and research the character and personality of a potential big money signing before parting with there hard earned cash. If I was a manager of club who could afford him, I would not touch him with a bargepole.

Love what is happening to the scum however it shows Rooney up for what he is a no class low life, managers should do the Brian Clough thing and research the character and personality of a potential big money signing before parting with there hard earned cash. If I was a manager of club who could afford him, I would not touch him with a bargepole.

In an ideal world I agree, but it ain't and somebody will take him on for big bucks. He maybe a no class low life, but he is a very rich one unless he spunks it all on hookers and booze a possible MkII Gazza in the making.

Marlon King didn't spend long on the dole after he got out so, as admirable a thought, it's never going to happen.

• Moderators

It's a fairly well knwn fact that his agent Paul STretford has Rooney firmly in his pocket.

He'll be on 10% of all takings, at least. Rooney goes for no fee in a couple of years that's a few million he'll miss out on.

"Go now Wayne, we'll all make filthy amounts and you won't even have to move house."

stretford would make more out of a free transfer

Times today said 20% of image rights etc

I dont understand why he is a low life, he is seeing United withuty the Red tinted Media and United Classes.

They are a sinking ship, and he see's it.

I'm with you

As far as I can see he's not stamped his feet....he's not refused to play (in fact the opposite)....

He's just said he won't sign unless they can reassure him that they'll sign top players and therefore compete

Yes there may be more to it - money, whore shagging etc etc, but it's all peripheral - if Utd were competing with City/Chelsea (you could argue even Spurs and Liverpool have spent more in recent years) in the transfer market, then I'm 100% sure he would have re-signed

The DMB's are waking up to what the rest of us have had to deal with for years

And they don't like it

Fuck em

I'm with you

As far as I can see he's not stamped his feet....he's not refused to play (in fact the opposite)....

He's just said he won't sign unless they can reassure him that they'll sign top players and therefore compete

Yes there may be more to it - money, whore shagging etc etc, but it's all peripheral - if Utd were competing with City/Chelsea (you could argue even Spurs and Liverpool have spent more in recent years) in the transfer market, then I'm 100% sure he would have re-signed

The DMB's are waking up to what the rest of us have had to deal with for years

And they don't like it

Fuck em

Spot on.

Having a chat with a United fan at work.

It seems like his statement is getting twisted now, as an attack on the current players, and his team mates.

Ronaldo left, NO replacement, they didn?t even try to sign one, Tevez left, the same happened.

Now we hear Evra and Vidic are wanting out.....Rooney has every right to wonder what is going on.

Spurs sign Van Der Vaart for ?7 Million, United sign a tramp for the same fee. City sign Boeteng and Ballotelli, United Sign Smalling and Diouf !!!

If United fans don?t see that Rooney is spot on, then they are in trouble, big time.

Playing United, just does not fear me anymore.

From our point of view, we have spent nothing in 3 years, and are not that far off in term of playing staff.....Maybe Rooney is the difference between United and the likes of Everton and Villa.

Spot on.

Having a chat with a United fan at work.

It seems like his statement is getting twisted now, as an attack on the current players, and his team mates.

Ronaldo left, NO replacement, they didn?t even try to sign one, Tevez left, the same happened.

Now we hear Evra and Vidic are wanting out.....Rooney has every right to wonder what is going on.

Spurs sign Van Der Vaart for ?7 Million, United sign a tramp for the same fee. City sign Boeteng and Ballotelli, United Sign Smalling and Diouf !!!

If United fans don?t see that Rooney is spot on, then they are in trouble, big time.

Playing United, just does not fear me anymore.

From our point of view, we have spent nothing in 3 years, and are not that far off in term of playing staff.....Maybe Rooney is the difference between United and the likes of Everton and Villa.

Deep breath - I agree with most of that.

However, no player is going to be numb enough to say "I don't believe the ?180,000 per week is enough for a player of my talents" after the shit Cashley got for grumbling about only being a multi-millionaire.

And while Rooney said (surprisingly eloquently!) in his statement that Gill had been unable to reassure him about the future direction of the Scum, nobody really knows what questions he was asking.

If he's asked if the club will be competing with City for the signatures of every Tomas, Ricardo and Harrinho in Europe and they've said, "er, probably not", that wouldn't have come as any great surprise to anyone, would it?

Not everyone will ask that question and spit their dummy at the response, though.

However, no player is going to be numb enough to say "I don't believe the ?180,000 per week is enough for a player of my talents" after the shit Cashley got for grumbling about only being a multi-millionaire.

And while Rooney said (surprisingly eloquently!) in his statement that Gill had been unable to reassure him about the future direction of the Scum, nobody really knows what questions he was asking.

If he's asked if the club will be competing with City for the signatures of every Tomas, Ricardo and Harrinho in Europe and they've said, "er, probably not", that wouldn't have come as any great surprise to anyone, would it?

Not everyone will ask that question and spit their dummy at the response, though.

Rooney is as good as ANY player City have signed, and if United are falling behind other clubs, then surely he is in his rights to ask for a move, the fact that he has asked United if they will compete, for me means he is indicating that he would stay at Unitedm IF they had intentions to compete. he is almost giving them a chance to keep him.

He didnt have to ask them, he could have just asked for a move without saying a word. He owe's United nothing, he helpd them win trophies, made them loads of money, he has no emotional attachement to MUFC.

• Moderators

exactly

what City are doing isn't sustainable long term - they can only have a squad of 25 and already the marquee signing of last season, Adebayor, will be on his way

Ballotelli, their big hope for the future, who has barely played is already down the pecking order if they sign Rooney

and Tevez will no doubt ended up getting treated like he did at Utd when City go after Torres etc blah blah etc

won't be long till City are trying to sign that Couthinho who starred for Inter last night

Rooney will be crying again before long at City, no doubt about it

his agent's the biggest c?nt of all but if Rooney can have a sh?t world cup, a sh?t start to this season on and off the pitch, and then think he can leave when he wants (saying he won't sign a new deal in 18 months and looking for a move now are 2 different) and can't understand why the manager isn't playing him too - then he's a cunt too, and one who's about to get a massive pay rise

Utd may do an Arsenal and have a few tropheyless years whilst they adjust to losing one team and haveing to build another, but they are going to be there or thereabouts and in the top 4

I'd love to see them do a Liverpool, but I can't see it

• Moderators

Rooney is as good as ANY player City have signed, and if United are falling behind other clubs, then surely he is in his rights to ask for a move, the fact that he has asked United if they will compete, for me means he is indicating that he would stay at Unitedm IF they had intentions to compete. he is almost giving them a chance to keep him.

do you think Utd won't be competing? money wise no, but they're not going to bomb down the league

he signed a contact on shit loads of money, he has no "right" to ask for a move, none of them do

Rooney's not the only twat of a footballer out there, but he is one of them

the bit in bold is laughable - it's like asking "are you going to spend as much as city and chelsea in the transfer market" - we all know the answer, it's a loaded question, no point in even asking it, he's using it as an excuse to jump ship to city - if he'd been banging goals in for Utd right now, would he have asked?

no, but on the back of a sh?t few months on and off the pitch he wants a change, when he should be trying to get back on form

do you think Utd won't be competing? money wise no, but they're not going to bomb down the league

he signed a contact on shit loads of money, he has no "right" to ask for a move, none of them do

the bit in bold is laughable - it's like asking "are you going to spend as much as city and chelsea in the transfer market" - we all know the answer, it's a loaded question, no point in even asking it, he's using it as an excuse to jump ship to city - if he'd been banging goals in for Utd right now, would he have asked?

no, but on the back of a sh?t few months on and off the pitch he wants a change, when he should be trying to get back on form

Yes, I beleive he would. They need more than just him to win the league.

He wants to win trophies, and their is a good chance United wont do that as much as Chelsea / Real / Barcelona.

he signed a contact on shit loads of money, he has no "right" to ask for a move, none of them doRooney's not the only twat of a footballer out there, but he is one of them

But that's the point

He's not asked for a move has he?? He's just said he won't re-sign - as are his rights like every player

exactly

what City are doing isn't sustainable long term - they can only have a squad of 25 and already the marquee signing of last season, Adebayor, will be on his way

Ballotelli, their big hope for the future, who has barely played is already down the pecking order if they sign Rooney

and Tevez will no doubt ended up getting treated like he did at Utd when City go after Torres etc blah blah etc

won't be long till City are trying to sign that Couthinho who starred for Inter last night

Rooney will be crying again before long at City, no doubt about it

his agent's the biggest c?nt of all but if Rooney can have a sh?t world cup, a sh?t start to this season on and off the pitch, and then think he can leave when he wants (saying he won't sign a new deal in 18 months and looking for a move now are 2 different) and can't understand why the manager isn't playing him too - then he's a cunt too, and one who's about to get a massive pay rise

Utd may do an Arsenal and have a few tropheyless years whilst they adjust to losing one team and haveing to build another, but they are going to be there or thereabouts and in the top 4

I'd love to see them do a Liverpool, but I can't see it

I suggested to my mate that they will settle at about the level of Villa. The club isn't sustainable and with the new financing rulings coming in, they are going to be stuck a peg or two back from Chelsea, Arsenal & City.

Anyway, my mate said I was deluded. :whistle:

Without money or Fergie, United are not the force they were. Fergie's methologies in management are fast becoming outdated, as the primadonna footballer hits the peak, they are greedy twats who have no loyalty and the ambition isn't about football or legend but about becoming filthy rich. They aren't going to sit about and be told they can't do x with their money or be told they have to live next door to the manager or whatever.

but he asked in the summer coming off the back of his best season of his career.

When the summers big signing is a hobo from portugal in a summer where Van Der Vart, Balotelli, Villa amongst others were available, it's understandable he was asking about the future of the club when discussing his new contract.

• Moderators

But that's the point

He's not asked for a move has he?? He's just said he won't re-sign - as are his rights like every player

he may not have asked for one, more to the point, for some reason, he expects one, as if he's owed it

he may not have come out and said I want a transfer, but him and his agent, most probably his agent, have been engineering a move for some time knowing if they "play" it the right way, they'll get one

I'm sure he's not said to his agent, sit tight for the remaining two years of my contract, and let's assess the situation then

likewise, if Fergie had said, aye, no problem, understand you're concerns but we need you more than we need to cash in, so we'll keep you for the remainder of your contract,

do you think he would've shook hands and agreed to get on with everything in a professional manner?

would he f?ck

he'd have done what he did to Moyes and cried and begged his way out, seeing as though Stretford already had lined him up a move out of Goodison, which he wanted

Do you not think Clubs do the same ??

Asses the situation of players at certain times ?? To maximise value / price of players ??

Why did United never once even offer Rooney a cash offer of a contract ?? Were they always thinking of selling ??

Edited by Pablo

• Moderators

but he asked in the summer coming off the back of his best season of his career.

When the summers big signing is a hobo from portugal in a summer where Van Der Vart, Balotelli, Villa amongst others were available, it's understandable he was asking about the future of the club when discussing his new contract.

Spurs got lucky on deadline day with the ?7M price tag, don't forget he was meant to go for ?18M to Bayern, maybe other teams thought he was overvalued, the fact his valuation dropped by ?11M on deadline day shows he was massively overvalued and this put teams off

Balotelli only joined City because Mancini was there, he said as much when he signed, he'd have stayed in Italy otherwise, and we really don't know if he's any good, given he hasn't played for them yet

Villa was never going to leave Spain, ever, but everyone's known that for years

so to be honest, there's only Van De Vaart realistically available to them, and he was overvalued it would seem (great player as it turns out) - but if Utd have to be careful with cash, like everyone bar City, Chelsea and for some reason SPurs have to be, you can see why they wouldn't want to pay ?18M

the other thing to note - spending money doesn't necessarily mean ambition, or more to the point, that it will be acheived and met

Spurs got lucky on deadline day with the ?7M price tag, don't forget he was meant to go for ?18M to Bayern

Zico, i think you're talking a lot of sense, but the ?18M is bollocks. Harry mentioned that figure, saying the day before he was due to sign for ?18M at Bayern and then came available for ?8M a day later. Are Real Madrid really that desperate for the ?8M that they'd drop the price so drastically.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.