Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Slow Cookers

Smiley

Doris mithered to buy one for ages. I said it would get used once and would be a waste of money. Given I do most of the family cooking around here I failed to see any benefit.

'It saves time cooking' says she. 'Why does it peel the veg and chop them up?' says I.

Anyway, she bought one, used it once for a beltin lamb stew, and has been sat in the fucking cupboard ever since.

It really is difficult being right all the time.

what kinda meat do people use?

id only ever put lamb or mince in, surley beef or chicken would dry out?

You can cook beef or chicken, as long as the majority of the meat is covered with a sauce/stock. It doesn't dry out as the lid allows the steam to collect, cool and then drop back down

Guest Frandsen08

That's because she's too bust texting that mate of yours* :whistle:

* Sorry lad couldn't resist

Ha ha funny u should mention that. Was in a bar in manc couple of weeks ago and I saw him he came over to me a little pissed up and said sorry he wasnt trying it on I had the wrong idea. I said right whatever got on with my night later on I stumbled into a takeaway he was snogging the face off another bloke. Turns out he's just recently come out. Good thing I didn't twat him the BEN would of had a field day!

Me and the Mrs have just exchanged contracts for our new house and the best fooking pressie i got for Crimbo was a slow cooker. Me mam swears by it and i must admit her beef on a sunday is always nice and tender :yahoo:

fookin hell i feel like im getting old.

where the fuck do your 20's go?????

• Site Supporter

the best fooking pressie i got for Crimbo was a slow cooker. Me mam swears by it and i must admit her beef on a sunday is always nice and tender :yahoo:

You live with your mam and she uses your slow cooker? I'd tell her to get her own!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.