Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nat Lofthouse OBE - RIP

What a top man was Nathaniel Lofthouse, a great loss to his family and to all the BWFC family, cannot believe that strong powerful man is no longer, a very sad day, but also a time to look back on a fantastic life, he has left a legacy that still runs through the club and the town. RIP Bolton Wanderers legend.

Local Lad from humble beginning

Went on to be a true legend

Did it the right way

Always a gentleman and a fierce competitor

Condolences to all Family and friends.

Thanks for everything Nat

"Born to be a Wanderer"

His name is synonymous with Bolton Wanderers and England. His passion to succeed for his club and country should be an inspiration to us all. The stories of his days at Bolton were passed down from my parents to me, and from me to my children.

Our thoughts go to those close to you who you have left behind.

He will walk forever with the fans of Bolton Wanderers.

I wonder how many of us on here have our passwords at work as "lofthouse"?

Thank you for everything you did for our club and making us feel proud. It is an honour to be part of the same club as you, Nat.

RIP, you'll never be forgotten.

I remember Q magazine reviewing the 58 Cup final and referring to him as a "black pudding fuelled battering ram"; and I recall him doing the live Cup draw a few years back - Barry Fry heckled from the audience as the draw was going on and on without Peterborough coming out: "my ball's in there?". "If you interupt again they will be" Nat snapped back quick as a flash.

What a man - we'll not see his like in football again

RIP

Guest white noise

I actually worked for Nat when he was Manager of the Exec Club in the early 80's and I was the resident DJ. Although I wasn't old enough to see him play, I knew the man quite well and always respected him as a person and revered him as football legend. I remember the familiar limp he had, earned by being a Bolton Wanderers and England legend and by always giving 100% in the days when you could tackle. The man who gave this club it's finest moment is someone that I will never forget.

Farewell to a true giant.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.