Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nat Lofthouse OBE - RIP

I'm a Blackburn Rovers' fan [a link was posted on our Message Board] who was born and brought up in Blackpool just after the war so I was the only one in my class at school to be rooting for the Wanderers at Wembley in 1953!

Nat's passing marks the end of an era to people of my generation; there's probably only Sir Tom Finney left of that breed of loyal, honest, hard-working [proper!] footballers.

May Nat rest in peace. My condolences to his family.

Guest wigan white

A legend of the game is lost. There will never be a player like Nat again. A one club man, a Boltonian, an Englishman and a Legend till the end. Farewell Nat RIP

Guest Roger, Chorley

Thank you Nat for everything you ever did for our club and our town. Never saw you play but I was brought up on the memories of my family that did. I was lucky enough to meet you on a few occasions and I know that every single plaudit would not have been expected but at the same time was fully deserved. You epitomise everything that is good about Bolton Wanderers and long may that continue.

Rest in peace Lofty !

PS: Well done BWFC and everyone who came to honour the great man tonight. Respect to Chelsea fans too.

Guest Eddie Burgess

He was not only a Very Well respected Local Hero but also at all times a Gentleman. Our thoghts are with his family.

R I P

I'm a Liverpool fan, but i felt it necessary to pay my respects to a real football legend.

The more i read and hear about this man the more incredible his life in football seems to be.

From a schoolboy to a football legend, his life reads like the best football story ever told.

Amazing.

To his family, the respect of all the football world is with you.

NAT LOFTHOUSE

Rest In Peace

YNWA

• 11 months later...

On the 1st anniversary of the passing of footballing legend Nat Lofthouse I'd like to formally close the book of condolences.

Although Nat has left this life, his name will be etched into the corridors of Bolton Wanderers & England for all to see forever. Gone but never forgotten.

Rest in peace

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.