Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

19 hours ago, waddy256 said:

Jay-Jay, Ricky, Youri, Jussi, Campo, Bergsson, Speed, Stelios, Nolan, Bruno, Davies, Hierro ... & others I'll have regrettably overlooked.

Yet we were called a team of giants, a team of mercenaries, big-boot, route one and that image stood.

What a disservice to great players & a great team.

21 hours ago, waddy256 said:

I know Chris Eagles was a devisive player but fuck me he scored some belters for us , Id forgotten most of these ! ....

The last goal he ever scored for us in that night match v Blackburn. A last minute winner and a great big FU to their fans. Lovely stuff 

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No recollection of this game. 

BWFC 3 São Paulo 6

A very bizarre November friendly. 

I was ball boy behind the goal at the away end that season. Came away thinking Gustavo Nery, who played up front and scored four was the next Romario. He was actually a left back.

Still, Rogerio Ceni in goal is one of my highlights of players I’ve thrown the ball too. I did give it to Djorkaeff and Okocha on corners every other week mind. 

4 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I was ball boy behind the goal at the away end that season. Came away thinking Gustavo Nery, who played up front and scored four was the next Romario. He was actually a left back.

Still, Rogerio Ceni in goal is one of my highlights of players I’ve thrown the ball too. I did give it to Djorkaeff and Okocha on corners every other week mind. 

Never heard of Ceni, Wiki said he was a keeper, said he scored 65 goals. WTF!

4 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

International week, wasn't it?
Even Allardyce had fucked off on holiday for a week. Only a couple of thousand of us turnedout.

On 10/12/2020 at 00:29, Traf said:

International week, wasn't it?
Even Allardyce had fucked off on holiday for a week. Only a couple of thousand of us turnedout.

Again no recollection of this at all .....all I can think of was I was in AA, GA, NA, SA,VA or just in a flophouse in London wondering where my shoes were !

28 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

There's an Old Portsmouth v Bolton match here from the 1950s , decent quality for the period 

Apologies If its been uploaded before 

Sounds like Kenneth Wolstenholme commentating - I thought this era was pre television ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoQ3cL0JLd0

It's not KW, sounds like Cliff Michelmore to me. Was on TV and radio a lot in the 60s for the BBC. All Time Family Favourites on the radio, some late night news programme on the telly that was well past my bedtime.

On 03/12/2020 at 19:56, paulhanley said:

South Yorkshire Constabulary's finest weren't known for their tolerant approach. Mix that with a load of Bolton lads on a day out against higher league opposition and you've got quite a combination. As was proved.

Hi Paul. Tried sending you a DM but wouldn’t send. Looking to pass a message to you if possible 

Back to posting games from our first Div 4 season in 1987/88 ...we are up to January 88 and our second and last home league defeat of the season. 

Eventual promotion rivals Torquay completed the double over us in a game with two brilliant goals. We'd just had a decent Christmas period but a 0-0 draw away to Halifax had stirred the fans up in opposition to Phil Neal's perceived negativity. This home defeat brought a bit more unrest. 

There were two cracking goals in this game, Mark Came's equaliser for Bolton and Torquay's late winner from distance. 

This was the last ever game filmed by Easy Video. Around half a dozen games were never filmed and then Roadrunner took over in March.