Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

Just now, Zico said:

Seen the photo before, but that's the First post match interview I've seen where they're having a cig

Think we have all seen "the" photo , but this is a really significant window into one of the most important moments in the clubs history 

Am sure had this been in the public domain at the time of Nats death , parts of it would have been shown in the aftermath tributes 

Makes you wonder what else is out there in some forgotten cupboard waiting to be found

4 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Bill Ridding was 47 at the time of that interview. Them fellas had hard lives. 

Ha ha!  Busby was only 49 and Harry Gregg 25.  They don't make 'em like them and Nat any more.

Good to hear "they're a great bunch of lads" was already around back then, and "anything can happen at Wembley".

On 21/02/2021 at 12:37, jayjayoghani said:

Bill Ridding was 47 at the time of that interview. Them fellas had hard lives. 

I dunno, management qualities nonwithstanding, give Bill a number 1, let some stubble grow, stick him in a beanie hat, gilet and pair of chinos...

Could be a spit of a certain onion farming 'Bolton red' (hock-toup).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

4 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

I'm probably a thick cunt and everyone knows this, but it was news to me. If you run a Youtube clip (on their site, not on summat embedded) then you can go back and forward frame by frame by pressing the . and , buttons. Quite useful for yesterdays goal.

You're half right.
Not everyone knew that, but as for being a thick cunt...  😉

• 2 weeks later...

Granada were seriously shit but fair play for that commentary. It still makes the hairs on my neck stand up

"And the tide on the banks of the Humber has turned!"

Zico - if it's not too much trouble can you do gifs for Wilbrahams goal and Ricketts at OT? 🙂

Edited by Duck Egg
Cheeky request

3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Granada were seriously shit but fair play for that commentary. It still makes the hairs on my neck stand up

Zico - if it's not too much trouble can you do gifs for Wilbrahams goal and Ricketts at OT? 🙂

Rob Palmer was born in Hull & supports them, every credit to him.

Remember the Keith Branagan feature earlier that season?!

Edited by Clarence Carter

What a night.  It all turned out perfect in the end but in hindsight Stubbsy could have cost us promotion with that pointless handball (not saying he time to think, just that he'd have been better letting it in).  

And because the McGinlay goal is so famous, I'd forgotten our equaliser was an OG, a slice of (fully deserved) luck there.

And worth watching it just to hear Rioch saying "camaraderie and spirit", what a man to have managing your team.

11 hours ago, Henrick_Pedigol said:

If someone knows how to make a gif from a YouTube video 2:50-2:53 would be immense 

5 hours ago, Zico said:

I haven't seen those Granada highlights in years and must've seen those over a hundred times 

Ace 

Here's your gif 

https://i.imgur.com/ej0YpRw.gifv

If you search ‘McGinlay’ in the GIFs on Facebook and Twitter then they already show up on there, albeit the Hull one is nowhere near as good quality as that one!

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

post the videos of the goals (highlights or just the goals) and will sort it