Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

22 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

I found this on a Wanderers site , It's from around 1945 . Apologies if it's already been posted before.

https://www.facebook.com/100000459777723/posts/5048826185142657/

When I heard the commentary I was expecting him to mention Charles 'Charlie' Charles of the famous Charles brothers or Wilf 'Debit For Speed' Finney on the wing showing some splendid skills, pmsl!!!

Even though it was a war time match, there were quite a few Bolton regulars there Nat Lofthouse, George Hunt, :lol: Hamlett, Harry Hubbick, George Taylor, Malcolm Barrass and Willie Moir

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Top of the table Bolton travelled to bottom club Notts County in 1995 . Keith Branagan's kamikaze sending off in this one .

Took a lot down to this one from memory. I know you can a few from the goal but think we fairly filled that stand

On 16/08/2021 at 13:51, Farnywhite said:

Nat s last game and goal for England . 

Wow. Fucking hell. I’ve got the programme for that game in the loft. My dad went to that game and the 58 FA Cup final. Never realised it was Nat’s last game and never seen video of it before. Thanks for putting it on here

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Wow. Fucking hell. I’ve got the programme for that game in the loft. My dad went to that game and the 58 FA Cup final. Never realised it was Nat’s last game and never seen video of it before. Thanks for putting it on here

Your welcome. I had just recently read nats book and he mentions the game in it so I thought I would have a look for any footage . Was also Tom Finley’s last game for England so a good program to have 

1 hour ago, dusan nikolic said:

Another winless game at Notts County , this time from the 1993/94 season.

Do we have a poorer away record anywhere that matches the Forest/ County / and Derby fixtures.

My debut as an exiled wanderer in Nottingham was march 79 , 1 million pound Trevor Francis equalised late on , I had to wait until March 2001 for my first "home win" . 2 nil,  Holdsworth and Farrelly 

13 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

My debut as an exiled wanderer in Nottingham was march 79 , 1 million pound Trevor Francis equalised late on , I had to wait until March 2001 for my first "home win" . 2 nil,  Holdsworth and Farrelly 

I know it's painful our record in this area . From my first season ( 85) , I think I've only witnessed 3 wins in total at Forest, Notts County , Derby and Mansfield  . Seeing as I live in-between all 4 , I've had my fair share of shit over the years . 

The wins off the top of my head are Derby in the League Cup( 2000?) , Mansfield 1990 and the Forest game you mentioned.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Charlton away bonfire night.

Missed this as I was ball boy at Blackpool 👀

(After vale)

Was on one of them residential courses with school in Anglesey then. Sneekes' daughter Melissa (later to become a Miss World candidate) was in our year group there as well so was obviously massively popular when we got the score up on Teletext.

Asked her out, answer was no... but at least I wasn't the only one that tried that weekend!