Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

15 minutes ago, jeep said:

You mean Mongy Todd?

:D

He was and probably still is a right nuisance.

Tried getting all matey with us then next thing hes bouncing around with Boro's frontline out side some pub in Middlesbrough town centre throwing traffic cones about.

Got stuck with him on train back from London as well, he was drinking wine straight from the bottle.

You may recall the posting of Bolton 2 Halifax 0 in the 79/80 FA Cup a few weeks ago. Here are far more extensive highlights. Really enjoyed watching this. It's from the Yorkshire TV coverage. It comes in two chunks. On the first video you need to go to about 52:20 for the start of our game. The Halifax home win v Man City in the 3rd round is the first 52 mins of the video. The second video contains the last few minutes of the Burnden game and then an interview with Ian Greaves and the Halifax manager. Great to see players from this era in longer highlights and the Burnden songbook is in full effect in the background! We should have had half a dozen penalties in this!! 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Not sure if this footage away at QPR in 1980/81 has been on here before.

Don't think I'd seen that before. Even though 80-85 was a crap era for Bolton it's always a pleasure to see footage from then because compared to the 70s and the second half of the 80s its less commonly found. Seems like there was no segregation at Loftus Road that day! Marland's books says this was 11 October and it was Brian Kidd with our goal.

33 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Don't think I'd seen that before. Even though 80-85 was a crap era for Bolton it's always a pleasure to see footage from then because compared to the 70s and the second half of the 80s its less commonly found. Seems like there was no segregation at Loftus Road that day! Marland's books says this was 11 October and it was Brian Kidd with our goal.

Snippets keep popping up here and there , although I've kinda lost track of what video's are on this thread .

Let's hope that the QPR Web group turn up the game from 78/79.

Edited by dusan nikolic

1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Let's hope that QPR Web group turn up the game from 78/79.

And have lost the 7-1 on the plastic debacle in 82!

The first goal in that clip ^ I'm sure was after around 6 seconds.  Iirc there was talk about whether it equalled the fastest ever league goal. 

7 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

And have lost the 7-1 on the plastic debacle in 82!

The first goal in that clip ^ I'm sure was after around 6 seconds.  Iirc there was talk about whether it equalled the fastest ever league goal. 

It probably did lol , another of our unwanted records .

24 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Snippets keep popping up here and there , although I've kinda lost track of what video's are on this thread .

Let's hope that the QPR Web group turn up the game from 78/79.

Me too. That's the game in which Frank scored a goal that he always reckoned was better than his famous one at home to Ipswich. 

At some point I will go through 80/81 to 84/5 and list what is on You Tube. From 85/6 onwards the amount of footage increases significantly so that's less relevant.

4 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Me too. That's the game in which Frank scored a goal that he always reckoned was better than his famous one at home to Ipswich. 

At some point I will go through 80/81 to 84/5 and list what is on You Tube. From 85/6 onwards the amount of footage increases significantly so that's less relevant.

I'm trying to contact the QPR group but the Web page seems unresponsive. 

It would be helpful for a list of some sort  , going slightly off topic , I found the full Barnsley 88 cup game as well , but I think you have that anyway?

23 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I'm trying to contact the QPR group but the Web page seems unresponsive. 

It would be helpful for a list of some sort  , going slightly off topic , I found the full Barnsley 88 cup game as well , but I think you have that anyway?

Yes. I've got it and got copyright on it. Bit naughty of them to be putting it on You Tube therefore. Not that I've any room to talk! 

I'll do it and folk can add to it if I miss anything....

1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Yes. I've got it and got copyright on it. Bit naughty of them to be putting it on You Tube therefore. Not that I've any room to talk! 

I'll do it and folk can add to it if I miss anything....

OK Paul , probably more games than we think from 80-85 , more are starting to creep out .

These are the definites from those five seasons. Every chance I've forgotten one or two so if folks know of others please do add them. 

1980/81

West Ham 2 Bolton 1; QPR 3 Bolton 1 ; Bolton 0 Nottm Forest 1 (not on You Tube, on ITN Source)

1981/82 

Bolton 2 Chelsea 2 

1982/3

Charlton 4 Bolton 1 

1983/4

Bolton 0 Sunderland 3 

1984/5

Bolton 1 Wigan 0 ; Notts County 6 Bolton 1

There's an interesting article on the BN site today reminiscing about when we tried to get Pele as manager to replace George Mulhall in 1982....anyway it reminded me of Brazil/Pele training at Bromwich St in 1966.  I found this video that I'd never seen before.  Absolutely priceless footage and the Burnden floodlights look magnificent in the background:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2022 at 12:13, Johnnyrotten said:

There's an interesting article on the BN site today reminiscing about when we tried to get Pele as manager to replace George Mulhall in 1982....anyway it reminded me of Brazil/Pele training at Bromwich St in 1966.  I found this video that I'd never seen before.  Absolutely priceless footage and the Burnden floodlights look magnificent in the background:

That’s ace pal. I played football on there (unofficially) as a kid from late 70s into mid 80s before it got demolished. Had our fair share of balls that came over the wall and didn’t find their way back to the club! (My fault we nearly went bust)

On 20/03/2022 at 10:31, superjohnmcginlay said:

That Forest match, ended up in their end - invite from a supplier - we celebrated that consolation 2nd goal and nearly got ‘involved’ when Collymore clocked Brownie. After the match in the hospitality lounge our supplier pissed off quick as he could feel a tension in the room. Brownie popped his head in and the place nearly went off. He was advised to disappear quick. The angry Forest lot then turned their attentions to us and we literally had to run out the place through the kitchens and out onto the Trent via a fire door exit! Memories eh! And we lost.

Edited by Smiley