Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

2 hours ago, Traf said:

The goal or Per Frandsen?

I'd say both. Frandsen was absolute quality.

Was referring to the goal specifically; whenever the club takes requests for old goals, I’ve asked for this one ages without response.

There’s definitely a black hole when it comes to looking for goals in that second season at the Reebok. 

Completely agree though. Frandsen was a magnificent servant for us. Definitely makes my favourite Bolton squad, perhaps even first XI. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Doesn’t get spoken of enough for me. 

That was the one and only time I sat in the south upper when the south stand was a 50/50 split down the middle 

The mind plays tricks but I recall it being sparse, maybe 100 bolton fans and at least 10 times as many Brum who spent the match giving us shit (with retorts obvs) as it was game over after 5 minutes or so 

Talking of Burnden, as I never venture anywhere near there now - and maybe only ever driven past the old site a couple of times since the last ever game - couple of questions.

Have a vague memory of someone saying the position of the old centre spot is marked on the car park - or did I dream it?

Plus, are there any remnants still in situ? Looking on streetview there seems to be quite a banking between the car park/ store and the old streets that run alongside by the old Lever End and Paddock. Is this totally "new" or is it old rubble from the ground that has been planted over??

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Talking of Burnden, as I never venture anywhere near there now - and maybe only ever driven past the old site a couple of times since the last ever game - couple of questions.

Have a vague memory of someone saying the position of the old centre spot is marked on the car park - or did I dream it?

Plus, are there any remnants still in situ? Looking on streetview there seems to be quite a banking between the car park/ store and the old streets that run alongside by the old Lever End and Paddock. Is this totally "new" or is it old rubble from the ground that has been planted over??

Don't know of any centre spot marking, though Asda has its walls adorned with pictures outlining the club's history.

The car park of the new shopping area is essentially flat, and as the Lever end access road dropped away gradually, the car park has had to be raised above the street as you move away from Manchester Road towards the buildings.

8 hours ago, Zico said:

I have zero recollection of that Wigan match

It was a featureless 0-0 draw at ours. That was a midweek replay. As I recall Martinez picked a weakened team for them. Their fans went into a meltdown that the full first XI wasn't picked for their most important fixture in any season. It was black arms bands for weeks in pie-land.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It was a featureless 0-0 draw at ours. That was a midweek replay. As I recall Martinez picked a weakened team for them. Their fans went into a meltdown that the full first XI wasn't picked for their most important fixture in any season. It was black arms bands for weeks in pie-land.

Looking back on wiki i recall the PL game around the same time when Rodrigo scored his only goal for us 

I went to the york (when rodrigo started up top) and stoke game in that run and watched the Fulham and brum games on tv 

The fulham one is the only game i ever remember winning at their place 

But both Wigan games, nothing, like they never happened 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Has to be our most unnatural official penalty taker ever.

Don't remember him missing many mind.

I remember him missing one but not who against. Just never looked fully confident.

Between SKD for Bolton and Beckham for England as to who I couldn't watch take a penalty the most 🤢