Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff


superjohnmcginlay
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dan P said:

Lad i know "acqiured" a red, white and green chelsea scarf from that game

I once grabbed a Wolves scarf from a lad near Orlando Bridge before 'that' game where they beat us 1-0 to stop us going up. 

I had it in my pocket on the way up Manchester Rd after the game and it got a bit moody when someone spotted it. Luckily I don't have a Black Country accent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I once grabbed a Wolves scarf from a lad near Orlando Bridge before 'that' game where they beat us 1-0 to stop us going up. 

I had it in my pocket on the way up Manchester Rd after the game and it got a bit moody when someone spotted it. Luckily I don't have a Black Country accent. 

Silk or Wool ?😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was the day that 'Winty' who lived near us spent the next couple of days riding around on his bike wearing a gold and black thing on his head like a John McEnroe headband. Somehow nabbed it off a Wolves fan on the Embankment when there was that no man's land divide iirc. The YamYam deserved it for being a twat wearing it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

That was the day that 'Winty' who lived near us spent the next couple of days riding around on his bike wearing a gold and black thing on his head like a John McEnroe headband. Somehow nabbed it off a Wolves fan on the Embankment when there was that no man's land divide iirc. The YamYam deserved it for being a twat wearing it

Thought the divide was there that season mate ? Pretty sure it went up for the match when Blackpool beat us 3-0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Thought the divide was there that season mate ? Pretty sure it went up for the match when Blackpool beat us 3-0.

I have no idea pal. It's too long ago. I have a vague memory of standing on the Burnden Paddock and watching the battle on the Embankment. Do I remember right that away fans were funnelled along some sort of walkway at the back and then down on to the terrace at the top of the Embankment? Mind might be playing tricks. Anyway he was the lad that I told you about that lived near that girl that you were 'seeing' down Greystoke Drive near where I used to live in the 70's. Near my mum's old house that you know about 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MickyD said:

Mike Riley had loads of chances to stick the boot into BWFC in this game. It seemed as though Uriah Rennie was in charge.

At first glance Joey Barton looked unlucky with the red there.  The replay showed how bad it was and, this is really hard to say, Riley got it spot on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

December 2006, played 5 games, all in the Prem, won 5, scored 12 conceded 3. Arguably our best ever month of top flight football in my lifetime. I wasnt at this game but remember us winning it fairly comfortably but its difficult to fathom how underwhelming it felt, it really felt routine to go away to City and Anelka to notch a couple, Jussi to pull off a worldy, have a bit of luck, and win comfortably.  If we won at Forest Green 2-0 now I'd be abolutely buzzing for a couple of days, at that time even though I'd been going since the 80s I felt wierdly disconnected or just unimpressed with how successful we'd become.  Its only in hindsight I appreciate it properly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

December 2006, played 5 games, all in the Prem, won 5, scored 12 conceded 3. Arguably our best ever month of top flight football in my lifetime. I wasnt at this game but remember us winning it fairly comfortably but its difficult to fathom how underwhelming it felt, it really felt routine to go away to City and Anelka to notch a couple, Jussi to pull off a worldy, have a bit of luck, and win comfortably.  If we won at Forest Green 2-0 now I'd be abolutely buzzing for a couple of days, at that time even though I'd been going since the 80s I felt wierdly disconnected or just unimpressed with how successful we'd become.  Its only in hindsight I appreciate it properly. 

I went to this match with city fans in corporate, echo your thoughts regards how underwhelming it felt, we were so superior and the second half we just played keep ball and saw the game out comfortably, looking back this was the period we should have tried to sell the club on and why more effort wasn’t made I don’t know. Sad to see the difference between the clubs now in just 14 short years. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coincidentally I was in corporate with City fans, I think it was a year or 2 before when we lost 6-2 and Anelka bagged 2 or 3 (Campo and Nolan for us).  I was starting to dislike the new corporate culture, yet at the same time couldn't resist accepting invitations to games at City, Derby (0-4), Man U (Nolan winner) and Leicester who got relegated that season.  It was starting to turn me off the whole experience and made me more disconnected with our fans and players.  Being a tight git I didnt often pay for away matches in Prem, I've regained the feel of going to aways in recent years (not this season I might add, counting the days to next season).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
13 hours ago, Traf said:

Hoofball

great save from Jussi

not sure what the commentators saw that made them think Barton was hard done by

was our third win in a row there as well

them were the fucking days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

At first glance Joey Barton looked unlucky with the red there.  The replay showed how bad it was and, this is really hard to say, Riley got it spot on.

He did but he really did have the option to give us nowt and to call that "save" a goal.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.