Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

• Moderators

Yep, a lot of it is my doing, but most it is basics that we should have had in permanently. On the beer, it’s brewed locally so we worked with the micro/nano-brewery to produce a quality product. We took delivery of an amount that we deemed would satisfy demand. They have more ready to go when we need it. The idea is groundhoppers and untappd types come down, also gained us good exposure.

Yeah must admit a lot of the stuff that's come up I've thought all non league clubs should have that but hardly any do though. Beers a great idea, been to a few clubs with their own beer on tap. Not many though, don't think there's much innovation In non league unfortunately fair play

• Moderators

Thanks, means a lot from someone who has an appreciation of local clubs.

Any business that isn’t stocking stuff that people actually want to buy, given the margins on scarves etc. is decent, are robbing themselves.

• Site Supporter

Got to admit, it seems a great idea that you can go to a local football club and become a large enough cog within the machinery to make a difference. I started going down to my local cricket club and volunteered enough to be able to make a difference. Makes you wonder, though, what your predecessors (the supporters) were doing to help before you got involved.

• Moderators

For Colls, you can read back this thread, they were getting 20 odd people on, so everyone was doing their bit pretty much. After telling Ricky endlessly that I had no idea when games were on they eventually went online! A genius appointment of a manager turned the whole club around, which coincided with me going (as I knew when they were on).

Generally, you have an old guard that run things their way, and get nowhere unless someone with money comes along. So many clubs are on their arses, you worry about them long term. We’ve got people who will be about for the next few generations, beyond my time.

Edited by Carlos

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

There are 15 pissheads, think free bar is 14.00 to 17.00, I'd imagine our lot will be spending a lot more than a tenner a man. Looking forward to it, not been to Colls before

Widnes my good man, I will be running the bar :-( while you lot are drinking, the 'open bar' is 1 hour prior to kick off up to 1 hour after the match has finished, so 2-6 in real terms. There are actually 26 of you, Brixton paid me last week for you all, I think it is lobby  and red cabbage/beetroot with crusty bread for half time, we will look after you.

See you on Saturday

On 20/12/2018 at 12:11, athywhite1958 said:

Widnes my good man, I will be running the bar :-( while you lot are drinking, the 'open bar' is 1 hour prior to kick off up to 1 hour after the match has finished, so 2-6 in real terms. There are actually 26 of you, Brixton paid me last week for you all, I think it is lobby  and red cabbage/beetroot with crusty bread for half time, we will look after you.

See you on Saturday

Colls probably out of pocket on that deal. Bet it was top day, saw the pictures on faceache, good set of lads. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 hours ago, fester58 said:

was chatting with quite a few of them, they all seemed to enjoy it, granted a lot of them didn't watch all the game, hopefully they enjoyed it enough to come again

When you’ve not got the emotional attachment it’s much easier to enjoy it if it’s win, lose or draw, but nothing compares with going to a game watching your team win and the buzz that gives you.