Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

Congrats to all those Salford fans of achieving their lifelong dream of seeing their side get to Wembley 

pricks

i’m surrounded by them, Utd badges on one side of the car, Salford on the other. It’s like they are too lazy to support Utd, and just want some glory. They don’t know who they support.

Still, a piss up down Wembley isn’t something to be shirked

Aye, they’ll be some who remember shitty Moor Lane, and fat lads in garish orange, and fair play to those whose dreams are being realised... they’ll still be there if it goes to shit; I also understand that for some, this has already happened 

I know a few who are going down to watch them and 95% are Man Utd fans with City staying well away in the main because of the class of 92 connection. Still feels a bit of a protest club at the moment in the same way FC United was (they were relegated this season i think). One thing they do have is lots of cash so it won't go soft n smelly anytime soon as this is vanity project for those high profile figures. 

There is chatter about them buying the AJB stadium if they get into the EFL as Moor Lane is only fit upto League 1. Anyway i'll be watching Salford Reds v Hull KR next saturday at 2pm

Edited by Salford Trotter

3 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Aye, they’ll be some who remember shitty Moor Lane, and fat lads in garish orange, and fair play to those whose dreams are being realised... they’ll still be there if it goes to shit; I also understand that for some, this has already happened 

A few go down to watch prestwich heys saying they don't enjoy it anymore. I walked down to a pre season game last year and noticed a lot of united gear around. My mate was furious when they changed the kit. Said they'd lost their identity. Think he was right to be honest, like someone else just said you alienate half your potential customers.

7 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

I know a few who are going down to watch them and 95% are Man Utd fans with City staying well away in the main because of the class of 92 connection. Still feels a bit of a protest club at the moment in the same way FC United was (they were relegated this season i think). One thing they do have is lots of cash so it won't go soft n smelly anytime soon as this is vanity project for those high profile figures. 

There is chatter about them buying the AJB stadium if they get into the EFL as Moor Lane is only fit upto League 1. Anyway i'll be watching Salford Reds v Hull KR next saturday at 2pm

In some ways I hold a bit more respect for FCUM than Salford, at least they’re clear about their DMB leanings and have been from the start rather than Salford unashamedly whoring themselves out.  

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In some ways I hold a bit more respect for FCUM than Salford, at least they’re clear about their DMB leanings and have been from the start rather than Salford unashamedly whoring themselves out.  

I'm very fair and even handed on this one.

I hate both sets of cunts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

A great turnout of well over 1000 last night with half [at least] from Salford, the visitors won 1-0 in what was a good test for the Colls lads.

a superb crowd on that, well done to all those behind the scenes who are putting a lot of hard work in to raise the profile of the club. both chorley and alty at home to come could well be bumper crowds.

On 02/07/2019 at 09:26, athywhite1958 said:

A great turnout of well over 1000 last night with half [at least] from Salford, the visitors won 1-0 in what was a good test for the Colls lads.

Have Athy got FCUM this season? FCUM bloke in our Warrington office going on about how much they are looking forward to local derbies when ribbed about them going down.

• Site Supporter
On 05/07/2019 at 14:11, fester58 said:

iam working, will be going against chorley next week

Went to the Chorley game pal, & enjoyed a lovely evening.

It's a great set-up with really friendly guys volunteering. Good to contribute with entrance, programmes, pies, raffle tickets & beer.

Managed to put a name to Athy White who turned out to have big love-in with my mate. 😘

They played for Laburnum together about 40+ years ago so good memories for them both.

Also managed to get the future father in law pissed & we had to stop on the motorway back to Preston so that he didn't wet his pants!

Nice little mid week outing...

3 hours ago, Steejay said:

Went to the Chorley game pal, & enjoyed a lovely evening.

It's a great set-up with really friendly guys volunteering. Good to contribute with entrance, programmes, pies, raffle tickets & beer.

Managed to put a name to Athy White who turned out to have big love-in with my mate. 😘

They played for Laburnum together about 40+ years ago so good memories for them both.

Also managed to get the future father in law pissed & we had to stop on the motorway back to Preston so that he didn't wet his pants!

Nice little mid week outing...

hopefully we'll see you again this season,glad you enjoyed it.