Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

3 hours ago, C86 said:

Talking to their kitmon this season, said they where building a new club house, a stand and another 4g pitch, plus the one  they play on needs "a new carpet", £100k+ I think the chairman's not be well iirc.

Nantwich I heard where looking to apply to join the Cheshire League. We played them first match of the season and played us off the park, best team at Colls this season. In top three in Oct and two months later where in a relegation fight, tough league. 

That's proper jumpers for goal posts level so surely not given they've got a virtually new stadium and twice had gates over 1,000 this season?!

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That's proper jumpers for goal posts level so surely not given they've got a virtually new stadium and twice had gates over 1,000 this season?!

Just what er indoors heard whilst eating HT vol au vent's 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2022 at 17:05, Pablo said:

Friday - Ospickle Cup Final at Radcliffe - Tempest V Daisy Hill

Saturday - Macron Cup Final at Chorley - Charnock Richard V Congleton Town or Cammell Laird

Defo be watching the GreenArmy tomorrow. 1pm kick off at Chorley FC if anyone fancies it. 💚💚

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Was it 2022 for the football league? Always had it in my head 2020? Still not achieved it, they're even getting a new stand... its crazy the money in non league now. Boyes the marske united player who led the teams out at the FA cup final, he's on 450 quid a week allegedly, got offered darlington  or marske and chose marske, he certainly didn't go there for the ground. Some benefactor allegedly putting in 2-3 grand a week to pay wages which would explain some of the players they've had this season. Liversedge the same.. if the benefactors get bored they'll both sink like stones. They'll both be good sides in premier next season, if colls fans visit marske look out for their "firm" proper pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Was it 2022 for the football league? Always had it in my head 2020? Still not achieved it, they're even getting a new stand... its crazy the money in non league now. Boyes the marske united player who led the teams out at the FA cup final, he's on 450 quid a week allegedly, got offered darlington  or marske and chose marske, he certainly didn't go there for the ground. Some benefactor allegedly putting in 2-3 grand a week to pay wages which would explain some of the players they've had this season. Liversedge the same.. if the benefactors get bored they'll both sink like stones. They'll both be good sides in premier next season, if colls fans visit marske look out for their "firm" proper pathetic.

We were there in 2018 in the FA Trophy, drew 3-3 and lost the replay 0-1

They've got about 15 young lads who look for fights at matches now when big away following come, it's a proper shame as on the whole they're decent fans there who seem embarrassed by them. Club need to do something about it but don't seem to know what 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Haven’t heard of him mate but speaking to a lad that goes there seems to be a buzz about this season 

Luke is ex BWFC (left at 11), Wigan, Accrington, Port Vale, Fylde Carlisle, he runs a goalkeepers school which my grandson goes to, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2022 at 14:07, Leyther_Matt said:

Joyce is probably the most famous player I've ever played alongside 😀

I'd have thought he'd still do a job a division or two above Radcliffe to be fair

Got 2 years at Radcliffe and knows their manager Bobby Grant from his Accy days.