Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

• Moderators

Chairman of Nantwich Town once rocked up and started telling us how to run the club, sell land etc. like they did. Got relegated this season. Enjoy your state of the art stadium down in Division One, prick.

On 09/05/2023 at 15:45, athywhite1958 said:

As Carlos said, he had had enough, it's bloody hard work on a really low budget, next season is going to be a massive test for Danny Lafferty in his first managerial role (that is if he has signed on the dotted line yet)

Danny has decided to continue playing for another couple of years, new manager to be announced next week (a good choice he is too)

3 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Danny has decided to continue playing for another couple of years, new manager to be announced next week (a good choice he is too)

An ex colls manager?

• Moderators

He's just signed a 2 year deal at Rylands, there's no chance. Apart from Lordy and Ste Pilling, I'm not familiar with any of the others, no idea how up speed people are with this level of football.

• Moderators

Rammy were fucked anyway, failed to modernise, club in the slow lane.  I like the way the new guy talks, the values he brings fit very well with Colls.

But I don't know anything else about him, or how the appointment came about. It's a very, very big call.

Absolute bonkers at the mo in NWC, 3/4 clubs moved into Midlands league, some of them talking about folding.

Skelm on the brink too.....and the manager jumps ship to Burscough....who Skelm are sharing ground with.

Its a bonkers league.

3 hours ago, Carlos said:

Rammy were fucked anyway, failed to modernise, club in the slow lane.  I like the way the new guy talks, the values he brings fit very well with Colls.

But I don't know anything else about him, or how the appointment came about. It's a very, very big call.

All the back room staff at Colls speak highly of him, some will want a job with him unless he brings all of his own which is likely

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

There's 24 teams in the NWCFL Prem. 24!

There's 18 in the Midlands Prem. So there's fucking no chance of those appeals going through.

And ony 18 each in NWC First North & South, and 20 in each of NP East / West / Mids.

They could have easily communicated with these teams and arranged a much better outcome.

We may lose teams because of it, clubs discusing folding.

For 1, IOM could play in Mids league as they fly over anyway.

Edited by Pablo

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

All the back room staff at Colls speak highly of him, some will want a job with him unless he brings all of his own which is likely

It is likely usually, not sure he's been around long enough to have people. Also, as we know, the NPL is a huge commitment for anyone to make.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Pablo said:

And ony 18 each in NWC First North & South, and 20 in each of NP East / West / Mids.

They could have easily communicated with these teams and arranged a much better outcome.

We may lose teams because of it, clubs discusing folding.

For 1, IOM could play in Mids league as they fly over anyway.

However it goes, clubs from Cheshire are ending up in the Mids. Manchester, Liverpool and Lancs are too loaded with clubs at that level.

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Ben Hardcastle gone to warrington with cleggy

odds on peet tips up there?

I'd expect Gaz going down a league. He'll get a bigger wedge  than at Colls to.

27 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Appalling to announce it hours after a club announced their manager.

No idea why Gaz left, very few left, not good, however you look at it.

Gaz stuggled with injuires, It was obvious when I was asked at the final to take "one last pic" of Gaz, Ben, Laffs and Clive they where not going to be staying.