Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Colls at Radcliffe Borough this afternoon if anyone fancies a football fix before going back to work

Is that this afternoon whilst Bolton have a home game? 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I had completely forgotten about that, won't happen again

As often happens when we have a period of religious contemplation, today is Monday. 
Get your eggs eaten.

• Moderators

Yes, they are on Twitter, I saw Stoneclough beat Turton and Daisy beat Elton Vale.

Dates for 1/4 finals finalised

@OfficialDHFC v @boltonwyresdale 25/4 19.45ko

@HindsfordTonics v @stonecloughfc1 27/4 18.15ko

@Tempest_United v @oldboltsafc 27/4 18.30ko

@CMB_FC71 v @AthertonLRFC 28/4 18.30ko

Semi Final dates & venues also agreed

3/4 @CMB_FC71 ground 18.30ko

4/4 @AthertonLRFC ground 19.30ko

Obviously games to be confirmed 

Thanks so much to CMB & LR for giving their grounds up to host 

Ahead of the final of course on Friday 13th @radcliffeboro

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Carlos said:

Yes, they are on Twitter, I saw Stoneclough beat Turton and Daisy beat Elton Vale.

Dates for 1/4 finals finalised

@OfficialDHFC v @boltonwyresdale 25/4 19.45ko

@HindsfordTonics v @stonecloughfc1 27/4 18.15ko

@Tempest_United v @oldboltsafc 27/4 18.30ko

@CMB_FC71 v @AthertonLRFC 28/4 18.30ko

Semi Final dates & venues also agreed

3/4 @CMB_FC71 ground 18.30ko

4/4 @AthertonLRFC ground 19.30ko

Obviously games to be confirmed 

Thanks so much to CMB & LR for giving their grounds up to host 

Ahead of the final of course on Friday 13th @radcliffeboro

Cheers Carlos

The step 5 step 4 play offs.. bloody hell I don't think you could make it more complicated if you tried. Felt sorry for Yorkshire amateur they've got ready made ground lined up but relegated whereas welyn city get more time.. 220 miles for a play off match as well for Consett, I can't work out how the FA thinks.

3 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

The step 5 step 4 play offs.. bloody hell I don't think you could make it more complicated if you tried. Felt sorry for Yorkshire amateur they've got ready made ground lined up but relegated whereas welyn city get more time.. 220 miles for a play off match as well for Consett, I can't work out how the FA thinks.

I made an effort to attend the  Workington V Bishop Stortford in the Northern Prem, must have been the furthest towns apart ever to clash in that league fixture.

2 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I thought we had to travel a fair distance with the likes of Morpeth and Scarborough but some are just ridiculous

They draw a line across the country from east to west depending on teams who got relegated or promoted in non league.

• Moderators

Mad night of football last night in the one legged play-offs, home team being the highest finisher.

Full-time team South Shields who finished 2nd to Buxton, they were promoted to the Conf North, lost on pens to Warrington (Town). Warrington Rylands now also being in the Northern Prem too after winning the NPL West!

Scarborough beat Matlock so will be at home to Warrington (Town) on Bank Holiday Monday for a place in the Conf North. Will be proper naughty, both teams being nasty.

Marine equalised in the 98th minute at Workington then won in ET, they host Runcorn Linnets for a place in the Northern Prem. That too will be proper tasty.

Was at cleethorpes last night watching stockton.. proper battle, Derby against marske in the final.. marske should win but you never know.. the big question with marske is how do they get away with their ground? Doesn't look anything up to standard, got told they were going to be relegated from Northern league division 1 but got promoted so got more time in northern prem.. I've not seen any improvement from then besides new turnstiles. Felt sorry for South shields and workington. 

• Moderators

After playing at Marske, what I can remember is their “PA” system was a £59 karaoke machine on wheels, basically. No way that passes ground grading. If it does, every fucker would just bob down Argos.

Cleethorpes can fuck off, hope I never have to go back there.

9 hours ago, Carlos said:

Workington’s manager is that cunt who was at Glossop, he can fuck off also. South Shields appointed Kevin Phillips as manager apparently, wtf?

I thought them bringing in Kevin Philips was strange, he's not managed anywhere, especially at NPL Level, since Jan P20, W9, D5, L6.

SS is the only place Sunderland and Newcastle fans get on so making an ex Sunderland player the gaffer is strange.

That said, I had a chat with him after our match at there's, nice enough bloke :) 

Next time I see you remind me to tell you about when SS played at ours, MI5/CIA tactics 😋

ETA :)

Edited by C86

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, C86 said:

I thought them bringing in Kevin Philips was strange, he's not managed anywhere, especially at NPL Level, since Jan P20, W9, D6, L6.

SS is the only place Sunderland and Newcastle fans get on so making an ex Sunderland player the gaffer is strange.

That said, I had a chat with him after our match at there's, nice enough bloke :) 

Next time I see you remind me to tell you about when SS played at ours, MI5/CIA tactics 😋

That’s P21

• Moderators

I mean, when your players are full-time, you can expect them to be there when told.

Basford even sent through how to pronounce their name… Spelt Collieries wrong themselves. Acted bigtime, avoided relegation by PPG, nobheads.

• Moderators

Basford chairman has done an Eddie Davis and walked away, I guess after realising you don't win the Northern Prem on astroturf surrounded by shipping containers with 200 fans unless you are more wealthy than him.

51 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Basford chairman has done an Eddie Davis and walked away, I guess after realising you don't win the Northern Prem on astroturf surrounded by shipping containers with 200 fans unless you are more wealthy than him.

Talking to their kitmon this season, said they where building a new club house, a stand and another 4g pitch, plus the one  they play on needs "a new carpet", £100k+ I think the chairman's not be well iirc.

Nantwich I heard where looking to apply to join the Cheshire League. We played them first match of the season and played us off the park, best team at Colls this season. In top three in Oct and two months later where in a relegation fight, tough league.