Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bwsa - Nat Lofthouse Tribute

Smiley

Not sure if its been mentioned... but at the Lion of Vienna Suite tonight - the BWSA are holding a Tribute night for Nat. Family, friends, Owen Coyle, SKD, Norman Prince and many others will be in attendance.

Its FREE entry. Full bar on. Tea & coffee available.

See www.thebwsa.co.uk

or visit them on Facebook - bwsa

Not sure if its been mentioned... but at the Lion of Vienna Suite tonight - the BWSA are holding a Tribute night for Nat. Family, friends, Owen Coyle, SKD, Norman Prince and many others will be in attendance.

Its FREE entry. Full bar on. Tea & coffee available.

See www.thebwsa.co.uk

or visit them on Facebook - bwsa

Brilliant. Joined BWSA at the Meet Coyle and Gartside session at the start of the season. Not had any correspondance from them ever since. Still - cheers for letting me know Smiley - can I just give my ?10 directly to you next year?

Brilliant. Joined BWSA at the Meet Coyle and Gartside session at the start of the season. Not had any correspondance from them ever since. Still - cheers for letting me know Smiley - can I just give my ?10 directly to you next year?

make sure you drink ?10's worth of tea when you go to the next meeting :drinks:

Do you wear a cardigan? Can you suck a Werther for a good half hour without it dissolving? I fear the answers are no and so they don't want your sort there!

:D

They are trying to address these problems - hence new website, twitter, facebook pages, newsletters, etc. Which in turn they are hoping will increase membership, introduce newer, younger members and make the events of value to ALL Bolton fans.

Unfortunately "BWSA" still has this "Age" and "Werthers" stigma. Its being addressed.

And yes - they still have a raffle at their meetings..... tonight's main prize will be 2 VIP tickets to see Peter Kay....... unconfirmed rumour that the man himself will be handing these over. Unconfirmed!

Do you wear a cardigan? Can you suck a Werther for a good half hour without it dissolving? I fear the answers are no and so they don't want your sort there!

:D

I have been known to wear a cardigan - but I'm currently still producing enough saliva to disolve a Werthers in 15 minutes. Give it another couple of years though and I'll be there!

They are trying to address these problems - hence new website, twitter, facebook pages, newsletters, etc. Which in turn they are hoping will increase membership, introduce newer, younger members and make the events of value to ALL Bolton fans.

Problem is - I've only heard about the new website, twitter, facebook page and newsletters from you, on here today. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great they're moving in that direction, and hopefully things will continue to improve, but their communication to members is shocking. Seems to me, if you're one of the 'old guard' if you pardon the pun, then you'll know exactly what's going on, if you're not then you've no chance. BTW - is tonight open to everybody or just BWSA members? On the back page of the BEN it says everybody is welcome.

Problem is - I've only heard about the new website, twitter, facebook page and newsletters from you, on here today. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great they're moving in that direction, and hopefully things will continue to improve, but their communication to members is shocking. Seems to me, if you're one of the 'old guard' if you pardon the pun, then you'll know exactly what's going on, if you're not then you've no chance. BTW - is tonight open to everybody or just BWSA members? On the back page of the BEN it says everybody is welcome.

Everyone is welcome tonight.

Not really sure why their communication channels are so poor. They are meant to be liaising with all the BWFC forums to advertise events as this seems to be one of the better channels through to the fans. From what I gather its down to each forum whether or not they bother to advertise.

I was asked if WWays had put anything on - and I was surprised they hadn't, hence I've started this thread.

They are meant to be liaising with all the BWFC forums to advertise events as this seems to be one of the better channels through to the fans. From what I gather its down to each forum whether or not they bother to advertise.

I'd be surprised if Happy et al were told about it but didn't post it.

Still, cheers for letting us all know though - I'll have a bit of a rethink and see if I can make it down. :drinks:

I was asked if WWays had put anything on - and I was surprised they hadn't, hence I've started this thread.

I'd be surprised if Happy et al were told about it but didn't post it.

I had a pm the other day, I replied back and got nothing.

I've been working 18 hour days and don't get time to keep posting when so of you appear to be active in the 'group' so I don't need to hold your hand, just post it.

No offence Kent but I'd save yourself a job.

The event was advertised on ba, tw, bb and bn to my knowledge and without being disrespectful to anyone the response to them ranged from not too favourable to complete apathy.

I'm sure the BWSA is fine if you like that sort of thing but judging from the response from the other BWFC forums I don't think too many people on them are that bothered about the BWSA at all.

The event was advertised on ba, tw, bb and bn to my knowledge and without being disrespectful to anyone the response to them ranged from not too favourable to complete apathy.

I'm sure the BWSA is fine if you like that sort of thing but judging from the response from the other BWFC forums I don't think too many people on them are that bothered about the BWSA at all.

Your wrong, the consensus we get from the forums have been very positive about the bwsa, ok there are a few people who still have the perception of cardigans and werthers, but that will change.

Ask kentwhite to tell you the average age of the people there tonight(over 350 by the way)to pay tribute to a man who over 70% of us never saw play ?

Ask him if he'll attend our next event if we take it to Atherton or Farnworth or Tonge Moor ?

I had a pm the other day, I replied back and got nothing.

I've been working 18 hour days and don't get time to keep posting when so of you appear to be active in the 'group' so I don't need to hold your hand, just post it.

Lazy Cunt, this would never have happened on Rivals, that was when this was a real messageboard for real fans, the move to wways sold the soul of the board, if were still on rivals we would be getting 1500 posts a day AND it would have been based in the Town Centre.

You are wrong about that. I went to the event and only did so because I saw the thread advertising it on this forum.

I didn't feel the need to post "Oh great I'll get along to that, thanks for the heads up".You probably took that to mean apathy.

Cheers Smiley! Ended up going. Really good night. Great to hear all the old players talking about Sir Nat, and capped it off by winning 2 tickets to watch a training session.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Well I couldn't make it to the event in the end as I had a Vets footie game on Prem 5s. But if they got 350 turning up as opposed to 50+, I'd say things were changing for the better. Communication should be very easy with all the forums, Facebook, Twitter, email, website, and though they are in transition, I guess once a single committee member grasps this role then it will be broadcast to all & sundry in good time.

Happy - that wasn't a dig, I was asked if the message had been put on by you and it hadn't, thus I put it up here.

• Site Supporter

Cheers Smiley! Ended up going. Really good night. Great to hear all the old players talking about Sir Nat, and capped it off by winning 2 tickets to watch a training session.

You mean a map of Euxton, a set of stepladders and some binoculors?

In all seriousness it was a good night. I'd say the average age was a bit on the old side, but there were quite a few who I'd imagine were new faces.

Compere was good. Can't remember his name but he's one of the blokes who used to be in the Houghton Weavers and he held the night together really well. Not sure if he's a regular fixture but he ought to be.

I'd definitely go again (if somebody from BWSA let's me know in advance that is).

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a rollercoaster ride full if thrills and spills but it was twice as much fun ad sitting in front of the telly all night.

In all seriousness it was a good night. I'd say the average age was a bit on the old side, but there were quite a few who I'd imagine were new faces.

Compere was good. Can't remember his name but he's one of the blokes who used to be in the Houghton Weavers and he held the night together really well. Not sure if he's a regular fixture but he ought to be.

I'd definitely go again (if somebody from BWSA let's me know in advance that is).

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a rollercoaster ride full if thrills and spills but it was twice as much fun ad sitting in front of the telly all night.

Glad you enjoyed it Kent_white, We actually discussed you're post last night about being a member and having to come on here to find out where and when the next event is held, as a result I'm currently building a new data base so in the future we will be able to contact all members via email or post with personal invites to any BWSA functions, we will also be able to send out monthly newsletters like the ones we had last night,

So if you can just bear with us, hopefully we'll address all you're concerns by the time the next event comes around on the 22nd March (at a venue to be decided, any ideas ? we?re thinking, Atherton, Farnworth of Tonge Moor but are open to any suggestions ?

We welcome all comments whether it is criticism or even more criticism, We also welcome any ideas or better still, if you think you could help in any way, expect to be Press Ganged into service immediately :D

As for posting on the forums, we think it's imperative we continue to build up good relationships with all the forums, we're not here to compete we're here to compliment, you'll be surprised how many supporters who attended last night actually use the forums, they where alot more clued up than I anticipated, and don?t forget, some people still like to attend these type of events, just like some of us still like to attend live games in this internet/digital world we live in !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.