Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Have We Been Found Out?

worthy10

the whole of british football witnesseed our mauling at the hands of Stoke. That came after an unexpectedly easy game against WHU, who didn't close down,tackle and rush us. Petrov had time on the ball and elmander almost looked like a half decent midfielder. But Stoke was always going to be a physical, powerful fight and off the back of the easy win against WHU, the defeat wasn't surprising, albeit the size of it was!

Therefore Fulgham last night have emulated Stoke's style in closing down and not letting us play. Blackburn and Blackpool will do exactly the same tactic. Can we rise to the physical challenge. Afterall, only a couple of seasons ago, we were the physical bully boys of the premier league, now we are getting a taste of our own medicine we are apparently failing miserably?

Neither Muamba nor Cohen have any technical ability on the ball, which means we cannot retain the ball in the centre of the pitch. Add to that the fact that Taylor constantly checks back when he gets the ball plus Chungy having a stinker last night.

All in all, we were extremely fortunate to only concede 3.

Cohen must go in the summer. Yep, feel sorry for him due to his dad and stuff. Was delighted for him on Sunday... but he's shit. Really shit!

Muamba has not progressed at all since he joined. In fact, I'd say he's got worse. Hopefully some desperate team will fork out a couple of million for him in the summer.

Chungy was unusually poor and will hopefully have a bit of time off this summer to be fresh for next season.

Coyle's got an EXTREMELY busy summer of wheeling and dealing ahead of him...

Has nobody actually thought,that with one of the smallest sqauds in the premiership and a semi final cup run that the players may simply just be fucked?

They look laboured last night and out of ideas...

Cue the 'they cant be tired on thousands a pound per week...

But it does happen....and has happend to us before.

Edited by gonzo

• Site Supporter

i though cohen did ok, with the ball. but the game just passes him by at times.

if he's happy to stay as a squad player, then id be happy to keep him.

to want rid of muamba is just pure madness. he will only get better.

muambas shitness at times are in his head.ive no doubt he has the ability

Edited by HomerJay

I do not think Muamba suits a 4 4 2 and if Coyle is going to continue with it home and away then Muamba is never going to be any use to us, I rate Muamba in a 4 5 1 but in a 4 4 2 he is a hindrance.

• Moderators

the whole of british football witnesseed our mauling at the hands of Stoke. That came after an unexpectedly easy game against WHU, who didn't close down,tackle and rush us. Petrov had time on the ball and elmander almost looked like a half decent midfielder. But Stoke was always going to be a physical, powerful fight and off the back of the easy win against WHU, the defeat wasn't surprising, albeit the size of it was!

Therefore Fulgham last night have emulated Stoke's style in closing down and not letting us play. Blackburn and Blackpool will do exactly the same tactic. Can we rise to the physical challenge. Afterall, only a couple of seasons ago, we were the physical bully boys of the premier league, now we are getting a taste of our own medicine we are apparently failing miserably?

with 9 defeats out of 10 on the road I'd say no

more to the point, not since the Stoke game where their style didn't even come into it, we were just toss

Muamba is NOT a good footballer. He is a good athlete.

He is 23 years old. He's not a kid any more.

Why is he still incapable of passing to a team-mate 5 yards away? Why can he not shoot on target from 6 yards?

If he did have any semblance of technical ability then he'd still be at Arsenal. Don't get me wrong, when he first arrived I thought he was (to use a cliche) a rough diamond ... but he's just got rougher.

I also wouldn't trust him in playing the "Makelele" role in a 5 man midfield. The thought of him linking our defence to our midfield is fucking frightening. How often would he give the ball away 25 yards from goal??

Edited by DazBobParr

• Site Supporter

passing accuracy last 6 games

fulham 80%

arsenal 61%

westham 92%

birmingham 91%

manure 60%

villa 61%

anyway, muambas passing ability is never going to win any football matches (nor should it be required to do so). his athleticism, tackling, closing down will.

its not all about passing the ball in fancy triangles.

23 is a kid in my book.

Edited by HomerJay

muamba is one of the few that doesn't practice shooting at the end of a warm up at the bok??

Performances suggest he doesn't do it elsewhere either??

Several poor performances last night, but to my mind reenforces the fact that we need two good full backs next season, both on borrowed time for me.

Very surprised by those stats.

I completely agree that fancy triangles don't win matches, but keeping hold of the ball does.

Stu Holden and Mavies are the only midfielders we have who ever actually look like they WANT the ball.

The likes of Muamba and Cohen just want to get rid of it as soon as they have it - which is why we get dicked by teams that Kevin Davies cannot dominate.

Davies NEVER gets any change out of the likes of Shawcross or Hangeland which means that when we've got a midfield who just 'get rid' it invariabley ends up coming straight back at us - hence a 5-0 and a 3-0 mauling in the last two games away from the Reebok.

• Site Supporter

This is his FIFTH season as a regular first team footballer. At what point do class him as having experience?

hmm true.

some players take longer to mature. but as you say he does have a fair bit of experience.

yes weve been found out

were never going to win again

BWFC as a team and OC as a Manager has a very serious problem - away form. We are naive at best and inept at worst.

His record this season proves this, as did his record with Burnley. He must change and fast.

We either change our brand of football away from home and start to play ugly or continue to lose - it's that simple.

If we dont adopt a changed attitide and formation, then we will continue to lose consistently.

The home form will not hold up as well next season IMO, so improvement on the road is imperative if we are to hold a top half finish.

I posted a note about our away from some months ago but like normal the usual suspects on here were far too protective of their club and the point was dismissed.

BWFC as a team and OC as a Manager has a very serious problem - away form. We are naive at best and inept at worst.

His record this season proves this, as did his record with Burnley. He must change and fast.

We either change our brand of football away from home and start to play ugly or continue to lose - it's that simple.

If we dont adopt a changed attitide and formation, then we will continue to lose consistently.

The home form will not hold up as well next season IMO, so improvement on the road is imperative if we are to hold a top half finish.

I posted a note about our away from some months ago but like normal the usual suspects on here were far too protective of their club and the point was dismissed.

You cannot write it off entirely as a tacitical issue, surely we should have a least picked up a win playing that formation in the last 9 or 10 away games. I think some of them have become complacent due to the quality of our home form and if you look at the away games since the Wolves win have been alot more difficult than the ones before it where we picked up the odd win and mostly draws.

It's a good point but there are better games to illustrate it than the ones you mention.

We did well against Spurs and Newcastle at home, but those sides play an open game themselves and let you do the same. We struggled against Liverpool, even when they were playing badly, because they were still organised in midfield.

That said, if Coyle is serious about turning us into a pass and move side then it's not going to happen quickly and he's inherited a squad assembled by a man who couldn't give a shiny shit about such things.

We don't close teams down well, but we usually get away with at home. Away we don't and that's more of an issue than the formation.

Yes and you dissapeared after we beat Wigan, Fulham and Birmingham away to get to the FA Cup Semi Final.

our away form in the league has nothing to do with having a small squad with key players missing, its just Coyle and his tactics.

if anyone thinks were going to start winning 10 away games next season aswell as winning 10 at home then you are deluded.

Don't pretend that you have any real insight when your opinion changes with the weather.

Remind us all who posted this and who the opposition were:

"Well done lads.

Stood upto the test well against a team who are very difficult at their own place.

Cahill was immense.

Oh, and 2 consecutive away victories and more importantly 2 clean sheets.

3 wins in 7 days without a goal conceded is excellent.

Bring on the Brum."

I'll give you a clue. It was the same team we played last night.

Yes agree. naive is the ideal word. Some of the decisions away from home - Liverpool away with 15mins to go springs to mind, most teams be happy with the point, didnt we end up klasnic davies petrov and elmander all on the pitch the last twenty (klasnic thrown on for a midfielder was it?)

Yes and you dissapeared after we beat Wigan, Fulham and Birmingham away to get to the FA Cup Semi Final.

its just Coyle and his tactics.

if anyone thinks were going to start winning 10 away games next season aswell as winning 10 at home then you are deluded.

1. I didn't disappear as someone has trawled through to find a previous post i made after we beat Brum away, but seriously c'mon - Wigan and Brum were playing reserves and focusing on prem league survival.

2. Exactly what i said in my post re OC and his tactics FFS.

3. I know that for Gods sake, the point i made is that home form will not be as good next season, so away form needs to improve if we are to stay a top 10 club.

FFS, are you being deliberately stupid?

You join the list as another one who tries to defend something which after 17 away premier league games is un-defensible.

Edited by captainmed

1. I didn't disappear as someone has trawled through to find a previous post i made after we beat Brum away, but seriously c'mon - Wigan and Brum were playing reserves and focusing on prem league survival.

2. Exactly what i said in my post re OC and his tactics FFS.

3. I know that for Gods sake, the point i made is that home form will not be as good next season, so away form needs to improve if we are to stay a top 10 club.

FFS, are you being deliberately stupid?

I saw you with my own eyes a few year ago at Wigan away. You spent the whole 90 minutes slagging off Megson for his shit tactics and being defensive.

What exactly is it you want us to do?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.