Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ali Habsi

Ali Habsi on Twitter..."after the last match next week and whether we win or lose, ill be heading back to Bolton as of what I signed on the contract. Be sure ill not accept sitting on the bench next season with any of the clubs"

• Moderators

Another goalkeeper thread.

If OC is planning on giving the Jussi the shirt again next season, Id send Al Habsi out on loan for another year rather than sell him.

This makes no sense. If Jussi is staying no. 1 then Al Habsi will be sold to get the money in now. Otherwise by the time Jussi finally leaves, Al-Habsi will be out of contract and leave for free.

This makes no sense. If Jussi is staying no. 1 then Al Habsi will be sold to get the money in now. Otherwise by the time Jussi finally leaves, Al-Habsi will be out of contract and leave for free.

I have a feeling it will be Jussi who will leave this summer

As much as I appreciate what Jussi has done for us, it might be the time for him to leave. He is probably one of our highest earners and if somebody is no longer warranting thatk kind of money then you have to question there value to the side.

• Moderators

As much as I appreciate what Jussi has done for us, it might be the time for him to leave. He is probably one of our highest earners and if somebody is no longer warranting thatk kind of money then you have to question there value to the side.

and do you propose to make that happen

if jussi leaves, its cos jussi wants to

It's Coyle's job to make this kind of decision. Neither Jussi nor Ali will be willing to sit on the bench, so it's a straight pick.

The grass isn't always greener though. Ali seems to be seen by a lot of Bolton fans as the second coming, but he makes numerous errors; just as Jussi does. Ali has had the better season, but if people are expecting Peter Schmeichel with a tan then they may be disappointed.

Don't think either of them are the better option they each have there downsides and I've seen Ali have a couple of shockers this season. Bogdan is the future but not for at least another season I feel so my thought would be get rid of Ali, Jussi and Bogdan share the role next season (Jussi in the League Bogdan in the cup and maybe a few league game) ready for Bogdan stepping up at the start of the 12/13 season.

well if we keep the likes of jaaskelaainen etc, then I won't be renewing.

if brum go down go for ben foster

Foster is a good keeper, I would be hgappy with him. The problem with Jussi is that I don't see anybody deciding to come and buy him at this stage of his career. I would imagine he's here now until his contract runs down, so he'll either be first choice or an expensive bench warmer for the forseeable future.

So we have three keepers, two of whom are experienced at this level and people want to spend millions on a new 'keeper? Seriously?

As to not renewing if Jussi plays next season......if that's enough to stop you renewing then good luck to you; time for you to go and support Utd.

So we have three keepers, two of whom are experienced at this level and people want to spend millions on a new 'keeper? Seriously?

As to not renewing if Jussi plays next season......if that's enough to stop you renewing then good luck to you; time for you to go and support Utd.

Agreed.

why wouild I want to go and support a bunch of winners?

Foster is a good keeper, I would be hgappy with him. The problem with Jussi is that I don't see anybody deciding to come and buy him at this stage of his career. I would imagine he's here now until his contract runs down, so he'll either be first choice or an expensive bench warmer for the forseeable future.

not necessarily another keeper may keep a few more clean sheets which may see us finish 2/3/4 places higher which would more than cover Jussi, I'm not saying all the goals are his fault but he's conceded 15 in his last 5 starts which is shocking.

Assuming that Jussi is given just one more season. When is he out of contract?

We could find ourselves losing two top keepers in 12 months.

I think jussi has one year left on his contract. I suspect Al Habsi will be sold and the keepers jersey shared between Jussi and Bogdan next season with a view to Bogdan becoming no 1 choice in the 2012/13 season.

Do we think that Bogdan can make it at prem level? Its a big gamble.

For me next season I would have Ali as number 1, Jussi as number 2 and let Bogdan go out on loan to a league side to get a year under his belt then have a look at him.

If Ali is to be #1 then we'll need to tie him to a new deal and bump up his wages. In which case, I'm not sure keeping him and Jussi makes financial sense. Naturally, if Jussi doesn't want to go then nobody can force him out - but two keepers on first team wages is just more debt on the mounting pile of debt.

Loaning out Bogdan could do him the world of good though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.