Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Door To Door God Botherers

Ogle the totty they bring round with them. It does'nt get rid but it makes the visit more bearable.

Tell them you are a spiritualist that really pisses them off... Im a firm believer anyway !

• Site Supporter

when at uni we got a knock early one sunday from some jehovas. We were all off our faces and just stood at the door laughing our tits off till she (and her 4 year old son) fucked off.

Grim!

These lot had young kids with em too.

What's that about?

Edited by HomerJay

nuisance phone calls are a piece of piss... you just answer the phone, say hello, establish it's a nuisance call, say there's someone at the door & you'll be back in a second and sit the phone down.

Job done

an hour later put your phone back on the hook

• Site Supporter

I had a knock on the other day..

Hello can you spare a minute

No

Not one min??

No

1 little min

No i'm late for church, a real Church.

oh... ok..

And off they tootled..

WTF is wrong with folk, be assertive and tell them to get off your property, I do and they go, no need to rant at them, just tell them to leave your property, it really is as easy as that.

Exactly. But if they do have kids with them and you fancy a bit of fun if they are Jehovah's Witnesses, you can always say to the kids "Are you looking forward to your birthday?Christmas. I bet you have a nice party and get loads of presents" That embarasses the parents. Alan Davies who played RL for Wigan was a Jehovah's Witness. He lived near my sister in Chorley and his daughter was a friend of my niece but she wasn't allowed to go to her birthday party. poor kid.

• Site Supporter

Do we reckon they've managed to convert people by knocking on doors. I can't see it, unless they had proof worth believing in.

i do wonder that myself.

event he old dear across the road, dismissed them in seconds.

Do we reckon they've managed to convert people by knocking on doors. I can't see it, unless they had proof worth believing in.

Whilst I am sure they want to convert people even they must know it will be very difficult. By actually going "door to door" they are doing what they claim they were asked to by Jesus...sort of spreading the word I suppose.

"Every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus." (Acts 5:42)

yes, ?50 per conversion

Alan Davies didn't convert many but then he was playing at the same time as Fred "Punchy" Griffiths.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.