Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tampa Game

Bridgey

Looks like a full team on the 1st half, finishing 0-0 and the 2nd string in the second half losing 1-0.

From what I saw the score didn't tell the full story. Everything good came through Lee and Davies missed a hat full of chances. Of course we didn't need this game to prove we need a new striker, but it did as predicted.

A loss and no goals scored, not the best start, however results in pre-season friendlies are not really something to base anything on, just get the lads more match fit, hopefully we don't continue not scoring like.

The OC sums up in time-honoured fashion:

"It was a fantastic experience," Owen Coyle said.

"We knew it would be a tough game, we knew it would be demanding physically.

"We thoroughly enjoyed the exercise. We could have score six or seven goals, there's no doubt about that and ultimately Tampa scored a very good goal so credit to them."

• Site Supporter

Wanderers: Jaaskelainen (Bogdan 46), Steinsson (Connolly 74), Robinson (Alonso 46), Cahill, Taylor (Petrov 46), Knight (Wheater 46), Mark Davies (Gardner 46), Pratley (Muamba 46), Chung-Yong (Obadeyi 74), Kevin Davies (Eaves 74), Klasnic (Blake 46).

63% of a brand new team at half time 91% on 74 minutes and we still lost!

Oh, Diddles, how surprising that the only player worthy of your comment "had a good game" was CYL. You really ought to take a look at more than your yellow friend.

Wanderers: Jaaskelainen (Bogdan 46), Steinsson (Connolly 74), Robinson (Alonso 46), Cahill, Taylor (Petrov 46), Knight (Wheater 46), Mark Davies (Gardner 46), Pratley (Muamba 46), Chung-Yong (Obadeyi 74), Kevin Davies (Eaves 74), Klasnic (Blake 46).

63% of a brand new team at half time 91% on 74 minutes and we still lost!

Oh, Diddles, how surprising that the only player worthy of your comment "had a good game" was CYL. You really ought to take a look at more than your yellow friend.

Erm 1st of all he's not yellow, second of all from the little I managed to see and going off half time reports[ at the time of my post], Lee was our best player, I also mentioned Jussi made some great saves.

• Site Supporter

Erm 1st of all he's not yellow, second of all from the little I managed to see and going off half time reports[ at the time of my post], Lee was our best player, I also mentioned Jussi made some great saves.

I apologise, I hadn't noticed your positive statement about Jussi. But regarding CYL, be corrected, he's yellow!

I apologise, I hadn't noticed your positive statement about Jussi. But regarding CYL, be corrected, he's yellow!

Is this the same as when someone says a mans black, though he's actually brown, or a white person, who's not actually white.

• Site Supporter

It is a trait of many far Eastern people. Not yellow the way your friend Bart may be yellow but certainly a jaundiced pallor about his complexion.

Try Stoddard's map of racial skin tones.

Stoddard_race_map_1920.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.