Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chungy

Guest bwfcdan

Looks horrible in slow mo' but I'm sorry I'm not having it that the ball wasn't there to be won, his touch is so heavy it looks like the Newport player could be first to it and chungy's pace just gets him in ahead rather than it being more of a coming together at the same time in a "block" like fashion

Gutted for Chungy and BWFC but this shouldn't be a witch hunt against that player....from what I can see anyway

And as others have posted, the players didn't react at all; in fact we tried to play on

• Site Supporter

So what's a double break, like snapping the bone in 2 places or 2 separate bones, I've broke a bone before and I just know he must have been in agony.

In this case it's both the bones in the bit of leg below the knee and above the ankle. You may have heard them called tib and fib, Tibia and Fibula to give their medical terms.

I agree. In fact it could be argued that CYL was a bit reckless in chasing his own clumsy touch when he wasn't favourite to win it.

:blink: :huh:

So should he have instantly stopped and not try and regain control? I bet coyle would have subbed him, if he did that. You reckon any player instictively wouldn't try and get to the ball after their poor touch plus their forward momentum they still have.

whilst the ball was there to be won the lad jumps in both feet off the floor with his whole body weight on the standing leg. Piss poor really for a friendly!

I would hope that we are insured so that we can get a right winger. We will not get anyone half as good as LCY though, technically he is one of our best.

Lets all hope he makes a full recovery and it does not effect the rest of his career.

i would of thought they would be insured if he was never to kick a ball again has they look at players has assets and would have him insured when they pay a transfer fee not sure how it works with an injury if he was playing for korea they would prob have to help us out with is wages think england operate that way when players are on international duty

I work for a Korean company and whenever I mention the guy they go crazy, he is a god over there and a lot bigger than that Park fella cos he is better looking!!! when the news was broke a couple of the guys were nearly crying, especially the one that was proud as fuk cos he had the same teeth!!

According to Wiki LCY signed a contract extension until the summer of 2013. If we assume that he will miss the rest of this season and return to training next summer that means that he will only have 12months left on his contract. I cannot see us extending his contract whilst he is injured which means we will probably need to see that he returns to action the same player before we commit to an extension. By that time he will have 6months left on his contract and if he returns the same player then he will be very much saught after.

This injury has put is in another tough contract position with yet another of our top players.

Did we not sign Holden whilst he had a broken leg?

If i remeber correctly Hoilden was injured around March by De Jong and still made it to the world cup that summer, Im sure we signed him permenantly in the summer transfer window after he showed he had recovered fully.

LCY injury is much worse and there is a chance he will not return the same player so we will most probably wait until he shows he has recovered fully before extending his contract. By that time he will only have 6 months left to go and we will be over a barrel.

• Site Supporter

Is a broken leg at all career threatening?

If he's making good progress in recovery, then I can't see a problem with an extension.

He prob makes more money through naming rights and sponsorship in his homeland.

I work for a Korean company and whenever I mention the guy they go crazy, he is a god over there and a lot bigger than that Park fella cos he is better looking!!! when the news was broke a couple of the guys were nearly crying, especially the one that was proud as fuk cos he had the same teeth!!

God I didn't know that they do false designer teeth over there ::lol::

While it is really bad news about LCY there should be absolutely no problem replacing him with similar quality there are a raft of players who are surplus to requirement at the top 6 clubs, the only question being will the club find the finance?

Will insurance pay his wages?

Thats not an answer I expect from you btw :)

Guest Blixa

i would of thought they would be insured if he was never to kick a ball again has they look at players has assets and would have him insured when they pay a transfer fee not sure how it works with an injury if he was playing for korea they would prob have to help us out with is wages think england operate that way when players are on international duty

I was thinking along those lines earlier. Does the club take out insurance for long-term injuries. Or for that matter, does any club? I'm guesing not, hence all these managers moaning about international injuries. If they don't do it, perhaps they should in an era of big wages and fees.

Shocking tackle and no excuses. Has Tom Miller publicly apologised yet?

Otherwise, let's get Ngog in sharpish. He's got pace, has a good goals to starts ratio and he's a young lad. Never thought he was given a proper chance at L'pool.

Wonder also if OC is looking at that Chelsea lad, McEachran

• Site Supporter

Shocking tackle and no excuses. Has Tom Miller publicly apologised yet?

Otherwise, let's get Ngog in sharpish. He's got pace, has a good goals to starts ratio and he's a young lad. Never thought he was given a proper chance at L'pool.

Wonder also if OC is looking at that Chelsea lad, McEachran

this lad looks a serious prospect. saw him make his debut. outstanding.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.