Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Klasnic

• Site Supporter

Looking fitter than he ever has in preseason and scoring for fun it seems.

Can he be the answer we though he was when he 1st signed.

Undoubted goalsscoring ability.

If he keeps fit, I reckon he could get 10 goals very easily.

15 is not beyond him IMO.

Edited by HomerJay

Guest Frandsen08

not seen much of him in preseason but he is the most natural finisher we've had in a while, i agree HJ 15 is not beyond him, his movement in the box is fantastic

• Site Supporter

How does pace score goals? I'm not have that at all. It's great if you have but being in the right placecat the right time and being able to put the ball in the next is far more important

You can not compare vaz te to klasnic. That's ridiculous.

Edited by HomerJay

Klasnic is just a poacher who scores when the ball is put into the penalty area, how many times do you really believe the ball will end up there? Simply not the answer.

Only pace can hurt prem defenders and we aint got any.

Wingers need the pace not the strikers, all we need is someone to slam the ball in the back of the net, having said that I too do not think Klasnic is the answer.

Guest Frandsen08

wingers and fullback provide pace

target man aka SKD provides the muscle

you then need a out and out striker who movement creates own space and can put it in the back of the net.

van nistlerooy and berbatov are examples.

wingers and fullback provide pace

target man aka SKD provides the muscle

you then need a out and out striker who movement creates own space and can put it in the back of the net.

van nistlerooy and berbatov are examples.

Franny the Master Tactician

Ivan Klasnic is not just a goalscorer. If Owen Coyle can get our midfield playing passing the football and cut out the hoofing from the back, then Ivan's footballing brain and FIRST TIME passing will show him up to be one of our best players too!

My opinion is that he is absolute quality.

I understand the pace argument but the football moves faster than any player ever has so a quick clever pass creates a chance just as well if a players mind works quickly!

He would be first name on teamsheet for me... but if we play the type of football that we have seen under previous managers at for large periods under Coyle we will just get the goals... that's all!

If he played every game that would be at least 20 for sure!

Course the news that CYL is out for the season is not gonna help and I imagine after out first 10 games we will be crying out for home points and I expect a fair amount of hoofing. Roll on REAL financial fair play!

Guest Frandsen08

anyone else spotted sky sports news reporting nikola kalanic as scoring two for bolton yesterday!? :angry:

when did we sign him?

Looking fitter than he ever has in preseason and scoring for fun it seems.

Can he be the answer we though he was when he 1st signed.

Undoubted goalsscoring ability.

If he keeps fit, I reckon he could get 10 goals very easily.

15 is not beyond him IMO.

He starts all the time he'll get ten easy. Knows where the net is

Ivan Klasnic is not just a goalscorer. If Owen Coyle can get our midfield playing passing the football and cut out the hoofing from the back, then Ivan's footballing brain and FIRST TIME passing will show him up to be one of our best players too!

My opinion is that he is absolute quality.

I understand the pace argument but the football moves faster than any player ever has so a quick clever pass creates a chance just as well if a players mind works quickly!

He would be first name on teamsheet for me... but if we play the type of football that we have seen under previous managers at for large periods under Coyle we will just get the goals... that's all!

If he played every game that would be at least 20 for sure!

Course the news that CYL is out for the season is not gonna help and I imagine after out first 10 games we will be crying out for home points and I expect a fair amount of hoofing. Roll on REAL financial fair play!

Ding ding. Only problem is our midfielders with a brain who'll pass and move, lee out for season, holden october, mark davies injury prone

Rate the lad, always have. The issue has always been his fitness levels. Looking a lot sharper and averaging a goal a game, great for his confidence.

Granted it's against a lot poorer opposition than he's likely to see week in, week out in the prem, but if he average a goal every 3/4 games he'll do for me.

10-15 goals this season not beyond him, FEED THE CROAT & HE WILL SCORE ;)

Not only can he score and will score goals, he also has an eye for a pass and not just simple ones either, keep Klas fit and give him chances, he's very capable of scoring in every game he plays because he knows how to score and his left foot and his head give optimism that maybe if he starts games, it'll reduce the loss of Sturridge/ Elmander.

Klasnic is a very good finisher & I'd always hope that chances fall to him, but an out and out striker needs to have the fitness to move defenders about to create space plus the sharpness over the first yard or two to be first onto a loose ball.

When Klasnic has started premier league games, he's usually shown he isn't fit enough to be any use or contribute anything & it's only when he's come on against tiring defenders that he makes any impression against players who've slowed down to his pace.

One or two goals against low level opposition in friendly games doesn't alter the fact that Klasnic is a good sub to have, but isn't fit enough to start premier league games.

Firstly Klasnic - he is a preditor that will score goals but not enough - like some of said prem defenders are too quick

Now the striker problem - we just dont have anyone good enough. It looks like we are broke and trying to make as much money on players going out and bringing in free transfers on lower wages

Going to be a HARD season :angry:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.