Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Uk Riots

Guest bwfcdan

I wonder how much the general public's opinion of 'police brutality' has changed over the course of the last week. I'd imagine a lot more people will be more liable to turn a blind eye if they see the police kicking the shit out of a hoodie.

All able-bodied people on benefits should work in the community for those benefits, irrespective of whether they're rioters and/or looters.

You don't work, you don't get paid: just like having a job.

Get convicted of rioting/looting: you go to prison.

Whilst in prison, you don't receive your benefits.

It's a wider picture than just dealing with the aftermath of these riots: the whole benefit system needs reforming.

A massive +1 from me!!

Paying them benefits so they dont commit crime is such a depressing thought. Job Seekers Allowance should be in place to support good people whilst the are finding work. It shouldnt be stay at home and watch Trisha whilst moaning that the world owes you a living tallowance. Whilst I like the idea of making them contribute to society for the benefits (workfare) I would go further and pay benefits directly to landlords / electricity companies and whats left to be paid in food vouchers so they cant get fags and booze.

IMO I would still take the rioters benefits away. when you take them away they will be forced to either... Worked to feed themselves and become full paid up members of society or rob a living.

If they choose to rob a living then they will end up locked up. At least it will keep them from reproducing whilst they are inside.

Edited by birch-chorley

I'm saying Ed Hardy, but my eyes weren't what they were. :blink:

It had writing, love heart sort of stuff and diamantes on so it's a safe bet.

it sure is. Its possible the only brand where its hard to tell the difference between the geniune article and the cheetham hill knock off!

Anyway, back on track...

Trafs right, as is birch-chorley above. Benefits arent there to stop people committing a fucking crime! Its times like this im glad my parents werent hippy do gooders who vote liberal/labour and my upbringing resulted in me being a decent young chap with a solid work ethic :whistle:

Yup. It's a shame the reforms have already gone through parliament as I think it would be much easier to get a firmer package agreed now. Still, the changes coming through should make some improvement.

Schools will be the big one. The teacher training colleges have been long since colonised by a soft left concensus

that doesn't even comprehend the value of discipline. If Gove can crack that on top the changes he's already made to discourage piss take qualifications, then fair fucks to him.

Wrong again re TTC but then Im guessing this is once again based on supposition rather than having been through them.

As for Gove, he is one of the more talented politicians in the cabinet, thank god then that his links to News Int stopped him defending Cameron publically and than he comes across as instantly dislikable due to a unfortunately repugnant face and a honk of a voicebox.

Still, Millband suffers from the same problem.

blah blah blah Michael Gove

Yep, he comes across very badly a lot of the time but Gove is a Conservative I have a great deal of time for, even if I do opponse his party on most things.

He's from humble stock, is a Unionist, made arguments in favour of the Iraq war which I as a left leaning advocate of it thought chimed very well with the left wing pro war views of Christopher Hitchens and Nick Cohen etc and overall, yep I'm pretty sure I'd take one of him over a million David Camerons and Gideon Osbournes. And he was only revealed to be a bit of a twat by the expenses row rather than as an utter and complete cunt. He also was one of the founders of Standpoint magazine, an excellent organ to which I have subscribed for the last couple of years. I also subscribe to Full Thrust and Nappy Wearer Monthly and Teenage Fisters From Hell Quarterly, and Gove is on the editorial boards of both of those, too.

Public opinion isn't politically motivated. The vast majority of the population know the difference between right and wrong. Polarised political views do little to explain or solve a social problem. It was interesting to see the councillor from Salford council (Labour controlled ) on BBC North West news, agreeing with the concept of evicting, convicted looters. Hopefully all political parties will work together to solve a social problem that has been growing for years.

Public opinion isn't politically motivated. The vast majority of the population know the difference between right and wrong. Polarised political views do little to explain or solve a social problem. It was interesting to see the councillor from Salford council (Labour controlled ) on BBC North West news, agreeing with the concept of evicting, convicted looters. Hopefully all political parties will work together to solve a social problem that has been growing for years.

+ 1 from me (I think that's how we do things around here..)

you only have to listen to Bumbling Boris to realise that party politics play little part in this - and so it should be. I stabbed myself with a fork the other night as I found myself nodding in agreement with Di Abbott ..

I reckon this past week is a game changer, to the point made earlier by DazBP - I don't see too much appetite for further investigation into the GM police twatting those kids the other night - excellent. i hope I am not wrong but the impression I got from DC in the HoC today and in other interviews I belive he is committed to 'robust' action - follow it thru Dave ....

as u say, most know what is right and wrong (subjective)and for those that dont, they must learn quickly and painfully.

Time for the return of an old Tory favourite: The Short, Sharp Shock from 1979.

Problem is it didn't work then and it wont work now, until some people in our society who think they're better than others.

Don't know why , they think are of some superior intelligence with their one line quips. we'll just have to struggle on regardless.

Reporting in The Sun today that Duggan was in fact a relative of the Noonan family(uncle).

Well well that tells us why he was out and about. The plot thickens

don't know how to post a link from BB.

Edited by hughesy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.