Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Whens This Statement About Saturdays Fixtures ?

• Moderators

official word is spurs was called off "due to safety concerns relating to infrastructure of the High Road and access to the stadium caused by last Saturday's riots."

so not for fear of rioting but the aftermatch and damage caused

so fully expect our game to go ahead

I reckon our game will go ahead, but I do think it'd be better for it to be called off for the following reasons

1) Newly promoted team @ home syndrome - play them in a couple of months and reality may have set in

2) OC's gets longer to make signings before our first game and/or bed them in

3) I can't go on Saturday nor watch / listen to it anywhere

Is there really such a thing? - somebody (probably Diddles) must have access to these stats

Of course there is such a thing:

Remember Leicester away??

Increased confidence, the fans and players are up for it - they've had no spankings yet and are fearless

Doesn't mean it's consistent and helps every team....of course not, as that depends on how the players respond and the opposition, but it's still something that is there now and not in say January

I'm not saying we'll lose, but I'd say we'd have more chance at Loftus Road further into the season all things considered

• Moderators

Is there really such a thing? - somebody (probably Diddles) must have access to these stats

sort of, I imagine it's related in some way to 2nd season syndrome, which does sort of exist (as in there are cases of it)

I reckon our game will go ahead, but I do think it'd be better for it to be called off for the following reasons

1) Newly promoted team @ home syndrome - play them in a couple of months and reality may have set in

2) OC's gets longer to make signings before our first game and/or bed them in

3) I can't go on Saturday nor watch / listen to it anywhere

I think it would be better for us to play this game, given our run of fixtures after. We are capable of winning, but a point would be sufficient to set us up for that tough run. Otherwise there is a possibility we could have no points until the norwich game.

I think it would be better for us to play this game, given our run of fixtures after. We are capable of winning, but a point would be sufficient to set us up for that tough run. Otherwise there is a possibility we could have no points until the norwich game.

It's a fair point and one I've considered

But since I believe we'd still be more likely to lose this game now than in a couple of months time I still disagree

Imagine how bad it could be if we do lose this and then are still pointless until Norwich! :shok:

It'll be on anyway so let's just hope we rise to the challenge! You never know, they may buckle under the pressure....(hope rather than expectation)

Is there really such a thing?

Only 8 newly promoted opening day winners in the last ten seasons, including Charlton, who beat fellow new boys Man City in 2000/01.

19 have been beaten, while 6 have drawn (all three drew in 04/05, including Norwich and Palace who faced each other).

We're two from two against new teams in the same period having seen off Leicester and Stoke.

QPR have failed to win in their three previous opening day fixtures as a newly promoted club.

Decision to be made at 6pm according to SSN

Blackpool had a great win on their first premier league game last season.

The season before Burnley won their first home game in the premier league against United (although not first game of season)

We got smashed in our last visit to QPR first game of the season (against Fulham)

And worse news, the springbok is home fans only

Guest bwfcdan

Good job we get into London at 10am then!!

Return train not till 19:30. On the piss in London from 2:45 :drinks:

Edited by bwfcdan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.