Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next 6 Games

Our pathetic defence will struggle against Swansea's pace up top.

It doesn't matter who's in charge, we have a crap team, we don't have anyone who can equal out the goals our shit defence will concede, equal out the mistakes our keepers keep making.

Diddles, in my opinion two world class centre halves would struggle with the way our midfield carries out their defensive duties. For example, who let David Luiz run through them and Phil Jones, they should be closed down well before they reach our back four. Most teams have also realised Petrov doesn't track back making Robinson a sitting duck, all teams attack down our left which brings NRC or whoever else is playing the holding role out of position to provide cover giving world class players like Mata, Rooney etc acres of space in the middle leaving our back four well and truly exposed. Look against Norwich, a team with distinctly average players and they scored from two set pieces and created little else against ten men (whilst I'll accept we didn't play well, when your luck is out it really is out). Look at QPR, they did nothing against us, the simple fact is that you can't get away with neglecting defensive duties against the very best because they will punish you time and time again. Whereas against the lesser teams they will not capitalise on the space we leave them because their players are not in the same league.

The fact you say we need a new manager or want a new manager, weren't you the same person who was licking Coyle's ring piece last year. Make your mind up, you either love him or you don't!

Start panicking if we lose the next five but until then in Coyle we trust!

The fact you say we need a new manager or want a new manager, weren't you the same person who was licking Coyle's ring piece last year. Make your mind up, you either love him or you don't!

I did and I still want to because he's a likeable manager who has proved he can get us playing amazing football, but we've not seen that for a while, only now and again.

It was crap under Megson, Coyle's attitude, positivity and philosophy was a complete contrast, but atm we are not seeing anything to suggest that we are better than under Megson, I can't recall us having these performances, well I can but not for so long, 11 losses out of 12 games with terrible performances, both Megson and Lee got sacked for Less and the good stuff that Coyle seemed to bring isn't working, it has but since December 2010 we have been average and then completely poor, it was Sturridge who was the difference between an average 2nd half of the season to a dreadful one what would have been relegation.

We've been here before, August 2006-Dec 31st 2006 we were top 4. Jan 2007 to May 2007, pathetic results, Sam left, relegation form and it continued into the next season.

I don't want a new manager because there's no point, it's the players we have and the players we have lost due to leaving the club and getting injured, I doubt even a Mourinho could sort these out, maybe have an honeymoon period, but to be a good manager, you need good players, we have Lee and Holden, and both have been maimed by other players.

Start panicking if we lose the next five but until then in Coyle we trust!

Well here's my 3 penneth!!!

If we get beat @ Wiggin; Coyle needs to go!!!

His tactics need a fcukin good looking at, we aint got no plan B

Doomed were all dooooooooooomed!!!!

• Members

We need some serious bottle but the last 6 games have shown we haven't got any I'm very worried - teams like wigan sunderland etc arent just going to roll over - i genuinely think we're going to get relegated

Get a grip FFS. 7 games into a 38 game marathon?

Get a grip FFS. 7 games into a 38 game marathon?

A marathon where, 5 miles in, we're already in last place and crawling on our knees.

If you think we don't have SERIOUS problems then you're burying your head in the sand.

I hope to fuck that Coyle and his staff had a HUGE wake up call on Sunday and finally realised that team spirit isn't enough. We need to add a couple of things that are severely lacking at present - organisation and discipline.

Edited by DazBobParr

A marathon where, 5 miles in, we're already in last place and crawling on our knees.

If you think we don't have SERIOUS problems then you're burying your head in the sand.

I hope to fuck that Coyle and his staff had a HUGE wake up call on Sunday and finally realised that team spirit isn't enough. We need to add three things that are severely lacking at present - organisation, discipline & hard feckin work.

Minor tweek, Daz.

I hope to fuck that Coyle and his staff had a HUGE wake up call on Sunday and finally realised that team spirit isn't enough. We need to add a couple of things that are severely lacking at present - organisation and discipline.

Theres clubs much bigger than us who would have struggled with the fixtures we have had and we arent exactly cut adrift at the bottom of the table. The margin of defeat has been shocking but Chelsea, Man utd & Man city etc will smash a few teams in this league and already have done. Weve had bad injuries and suspensions in this run as well which hasnt helped.

Theres clubs much bigger than us who would have struggled with the fixtures we have had and we arent exactly cut adrift at the bottom of the table. The margin of defeat has been shocking but Chelsea, Man utd & Man city etc will smash a few teams in this league and already have done. Weve had bad injuries and suspensions in this run as well which hasnt helped.

It's not the results, it's not the fact that we've only got 3 points. It's the manner of the defeats of late. It's that our players are switching off at set pieces. It's that we don't have a leader on the pitch. It's that our manager and outr players looked fucking clueless as to how to stop a centre back bringing the ball from his own goal line to within 30 yards of our goal... time and time again.

I can accept defeats against better teams. What I can't accept is the manner of defeats we've been suffering.

As I've said elsewhere though, hopefully Sunday's horror show has been a blessing in disguise.

There's no doubt that confidence, or lack of it, is playing a role at present. Hopefully a win against the pie eaters can stop the rot and we can start to climb back up the table. I dread to think what a defeat will do.

It's not the results, it's not the fact that we've only got 3 points. It's the manner of the defeats of late. It's that our players are switching off at set pieces. It's that we don't have a leader on the pitch. It's that our manager and outr players looked fucking clueless as to how to stop a centre back bringing the ball from his own goal line to within 30 yards of our goal... time and time again.

I can accept defeats against better teams. What I can't accept is the manner of defeats we've been suffering.

As I've said elsewhere though, hopefully Sunday's horror show has been a blessing in disguise.

There's no doubt that confidence, or lack of it, is playing a role at present. Hopefully a win against the pie eaters can stop the rot and we can start to climb back up the table. I dread to think what a defeat will do.

The manner of defeats is horrific and we have been shite but seriously the players have been beaten to a pulp and confidence is shot. If we get past the first 20 mins at Wigan and are still 0-0 or better the confidence will start to return. A big part of these defeats has been conceding so early imo, heads go down as even the players know its unlikely to get a result from behind against teams like that. We need to get behind the lads at Wigan because the players can feel it when the fans are nervous, i honestly think we are just 1 lucky break away from getting back on track.

• Members

If we win our next two games (and I concede that it IS a big 'if'), you and I both know the fans will be buzzing and all of the doom and gloom merchants won't be seen.

The 'serious problems' you refer to won't be there but I am surrounded by sand - WA soil innit.

Carry on flapping if it makes you feel better.

If we win our next two games (and I concede that it IS a big 'if'), you and I both know the fans will be buzzing and all of the doom and gloom merchants won't be seen.

The 'serious problems' you refer to won't be there but I am surrounded by sand - WA soil innit.

Carry on flapping if it makes you feel better.

It certainly doesn't make me feel better.

I agree though that if we can win out next two then things will look a whole lot rosier. I'd settle for a 0-0 at Wigan and a 1-0 at home to Sunlun. If only for the clean sheets to instill a bit of confidence in us defensively.

I don't consider myself to be a doom merchant, but after Sunday it is hard to be positive. I'm trying though.

• Members

It certainly doesn't make me feel better.

I agree though that if we can win out next two then things will look a whole lot rosier. I'd settle for a 0-0 at Wigan and a 1-0 at home to Sunlun. If only for the clean sheets to instill a bit of confidence in us defensively.

I don't consider myself to be a doom merchant, but after Sunday it is hard to be positive. I'm trying though.

I don't know mate - I'd say your Wigan and mackem predictions are pretty positive

It will turn around. I feel confident and still say we'll end up between 10th and 14th.

• Moderators

lack of confidence can't be blamed for conceding over and over again from corners

fwiw, i actually think we should lose quite heavily to teams with the buying power of the top 3

but it'd be nice if they had to break sweat to do it

We are staying up We are staying up !

For a start there are only going to be two relegation places to fill because highflying currently mid-table QPR will fill the other imo

Another four points from the next two games is easily achievable. Then there will be a complete change in attitude from the players and fans, a belief .

We played well against Villa who are better opposition than what we have got coming up.

Onwards and Upwards

Come On You Whites

zoz x

• Site Supporter

For a start there are only going to be two relegation places to fill because highflying currently mid-table QPR will fill the other imo

Another four points from the next two games is easily achievable. Then there will be a complete change in attitude from the players and fans, a belief .

We played well against Villa who are better opposition than what we have got coming up.

Onwards and Upwards

Come On You Whites

zoz x

ill have one of what hes drinkin please

Onwards and Upwards

Come On You Whites

zoz x

Zozz tours back next year? :thumbsup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.