Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bommy Neet

I laugh at the people who get all excited about Black Peas like kids do at Christmas with Santa Claus, I'm the same though with treacle toffee :dribble:

Fireworks are ace. Halloween is fun, so is bonfire night and Christmas, maybe people these days don't care about tradition, not out of being lazy, but they just don't want too, they can see a fire in their front room and invite people round if they can't be arsed going to the trouble.

We went to one last season, we'll be going again, best tata ash with crust ever.

Edited by Didledee

couldnn't give a toss about either tbh. Bonfire night is fucking more dangerous now though. when I was 11 almost got hit by a bog standard rocket. Two years ago walking back from pub got pinned behind a car from a 45 shot firework that fell over from some numpty trying to set it off.

:angry:

Aye Bommy time was great.

Start collecting soon as six week holidays started. used to go all over looking for wood , garden gates and tyres,owt that would burn..If you didn't help to collect...you didn't come to our Bommy.

Build dens and sleep in em,go bommy raiding.

Think the build up to it wer best,Penny fert Guy, try and get a good pitch outside a pub.

Always seemed be foggy morning after.

Night after, throw some spuds on the embers till the spuds turned black, then eat em.

Go home stinking of smoke and with black eyes...Happy days.

Wouldn't go near a Bommy now, not done for about 20yrs.

well i'm having one ... i found an old liverpool kit when i was clearing some stuff out ( my sons , before i educated him ) .. my youngest son said i'm not wearing that red thing ... So the guy is made up ready to be burnt on the bonfire with that red thing on it :good:

have a plus 1!

well i'm having one ... i found an old liverpool kit when i was clearing some stuff out ( my sons , before i educated him ) .. my youngest son said i'm not wearing that red thing ... So the guy is made up ready to be burnt on the bonfire with that red thing on it :good:

Minutes silence at Anfield then

We have a huge bommy at Atherton Collieries every year, it is a great fundraiser for the club, the firework display is fantastic, there is food and a good bar, all for the princely entrance fee of ?3, gates open at around 6.00pm on Saturday evening.

Some little local shithouse scrotes set fire to the bommy on Sunday night and we've lost quite a bit of it, everybody will muck in though to ensure the night is a success

Everybody welcome :good:

The little bastards have been back again tonight [around 6.30] and set fire to it again, I really really hope one [or more] of them gets seriously burnt, tw@ts :angry:

Best bonfire and fireworks in North Bolton and Bury has to be our Greenmount Scout Group one, which is in its 42nd year this Saturday from 6.30pm.

So popular it has become that this year is all ticket! Last chance to purchase is from Greenmount Old School this Friday.

Best bonfire and fireworks in North Bolton and Bury has to be our Greenmount Scout Group one, which is in its 42nd year this Saturday from 6.30pm.

So popular it has become that this year is all ticket! Last chance to purchase is from Greenmount Old School this Friday.

Good luck to you mate, hope it goes well :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.