Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hennessy Gold Cup

jules_darby

• Members

Not my tip, but mate of mine comes up with rare ones and gets them about 50% of the time

He says The Giant Bolster will be paying for his Xmas from the Hennessy Gold Cup tomorrow

Don't shoot the messenger :whistle:

I have given him no tips for that race and resent the nickname.

I am off to Bunbury for the weekend with the scooter club and won't be horse punting. First bet for the weekend already up on the Packers.

If I was punting, however, it would be Miss Octopussy in Melbourne (Betfair Park - Sandown)and a good place bet on The Tenby Friar at Ascot in Perth.

Not my tip, but mate of mine comes up with rare ones and gets them about 50% of the time

He says The Giant Bolster will be paying for his Xmas from the Hennessy Gold Cup tomorrow

Don't shoot the messenger :whistle:

It looks decent enough odds to have an e/w punt on it I suppose.

I'm slightly concerned about The Giant Bolster's jumping ability.

He has failed to come home with his jockey on 4 of the last 6 occasions now and I'd have expected him to go back to hurdling for a while.

I'm don't usually bet on the horses I prefer to lose my money on football betting but the ones at work who like a flutter have gone for Planet of Sound.

Is it worth me having a small wager on it?

FD,

Widely available at 12/1 Latest Odds, Planet of Sound indeed represents a decent value E/W bet.

It hardly ran last year and missed Cheltenham due to an infection in a back leg.

He has plenty of ability, winning the Haldon and Punchestown Gold Cups, and has won three of his four starts at Newbvury.

Needs a bit of cut in the ground, but should get conditions here and becomes of serious interest if lasting home (longest trip he's tackled).

The extra furlong or so might be his undoing, but you should get a run for your money.

• Members

I have given him no tips for that race and resent the nickname.

I am off to Bunbury for the weekend with the scooter club and won't be horse punting. First bet for the weekend already up on the Packers.

If I was punting, however, it would be Miss Octopussy (non runner) in Melbourne (Betfair Park - Sandown)and a good place bet on The Tenby Friar (Won 2.50/1.25)at Ascot in Perth.

Shiyte.