Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Time To Go

anewman

We can't afford to sack him (fact)

However, this is always the problem when a legend returns to mange you. Its going to turn sour.

2 away games left before Christmas and marooned at the bottom. Change now, whilst we have a chance.

Someone who will come in and sort these pu**ys out!!

What a load of bollocks, I've stood on the Paddock singing "we'll support you ever more" when Aldershot sent us down to Division 4. That's upset for you.

I have been there in the dark days aswell but it doesn't stop me getting pissed off. It's just that I have 3 kids and a mortgage now and have to seriously consider my priorities now. I can't imagine looking forward to playing Brighton at home on a pissing down Wednesday night in December next season. It's getting me down. A club that has been in the prem for 10 years should have a better squad than we have. Fuckin pathetic squad and it seems no one in that squad gives a fuck

Sorry but it's time to go. If we can't afford to get shut, promote him to Director of Football and get a proper manager in. Bite the bullet, shit or bust, speculate to accumalate. Whatever you want to call it,because if we go down, we won't be back for a good while. I've always tried to be positive, but fuck me that was awful. From top to bottom it was an embarrasment. To evem think of anouncing a Man o't Match after that performance was idiotic. Everybody could see that it was awarded to the least worst of the match.

Same as the general opinion, no guts, no fight,no idea, and sadly no chance.

In the words of Pte. Frazer "we're doomed"

Stop rolling your eyes Frazer. (Cap. Mainwaring).

Two examples of oc errors:

Starting with kd and ik give us no pace up front. Pace is vital to any successful attacking option.oc spent a fortune on dn to provide a pacey attaking option and doesn't play him!

Pratley has no relative strengths. He is not strong or fast. He doesn't shoot or create chances with passes. He doesn't run at defenders or dribble. He doesn't tackle.

He is a premiership footballer. What does he do?

Muamba chases, tackles and has enormous energy in midfield

Edited by worthy10

Muamba would be the first name on my team sheet every single week. I'd also leave a player on the half way line when they have a corner. And if you're left footed, I'd play you on the left. If you're right footed I'd play you on the right.

But what the feck do I know.

• Site Supporter

If it's not sorted we'll end up like Leeds, Notts Forest, Derby, Leicester etc down & destined never to return

for a long long time... Please sort it Owen

it sounds like you've just realised, but this has been on the cards all season.

Two examples of oc errors:

Starting with kd and ik give us no pace up front. Pace is vital to any successful attacking option.oc spent a fortune on dn to provide a pacey attaking option and doesn't play him!

Pratley has no relative strengths. He is not strong or fast. He doesn't shoot or create chances with passes. He doesn't run at defenders or dribble. He doesn't tackle.

He is a premiership footballer. What does he do?

Muamba chases, tackles and has enormous energy in midfield

A few more to add to your list:

Believing an idle soft arse like Petrov is going to provide enough cover for Robinson when we lose (or he loses) the ball

Believing an even bigger soft arse like Eagles is the answer on the other side (or now on that side cos Petrov's eventually been found out)

Flogging what should have been our first choice keeper for years to come to our nearest rivals, where he makes umpteen saves week after week

Stubbornly sticking to 4-4-2 when we're leaking goals every week and are crying out for a screening player in front of the back four

Coyle may not have had the biggest budget but his dealings over the summer will kill him and the club

Playing all 11 players in the box every corner/freekick is seriously tactically inept, especially when we still keep letting goals in doing it.

Your just asking teams to have a go at you with such tactics, clueless beyond belief & god knows what it tells the players.... my guess, you're too shit to defend properly.

But he sticks Klasnic on the edge of the box marking no fucker. Pointnless. Might as well mark no fucker on the half way line.

Our 2 shit corners inthe first haf got headed out, Nzogbia was first to both and were were in the shit straight away. With 11 back we rely on the other team fucking up to get the ball back.

Did we do that last season? I honestly can't remember

A few more to add to your list:

Believing an idle soft arse like Petrov is going to provide enough cover for Robinson when we lose (or he loses) the ball I don't think he necessarily thought (at the start of the season) that our midfield would be so lightweight and probably wanted to play out and out wingers in an attacking way (Petrov on one side, Lee on the other).

Believing an even bigger soft arse like Eagles is the answer on the other side (or now on that side cos Petrov's eventually been found out) He brought Eagles in as backup to Lee, most of us couldn't predict Lee breaking his damn leg

Flogging what should have been our first choice keeper for years to come to our nearest rivals, where he makes umpteen saves week after week Have you seen Al Habsi playing for Wigan? Yes he makes decent saves, but he also makes some shocking howlers! He's far from the goalkeeping God you beLIEve him to be...

Stubbornly sticking to 4-4-2 when we're leaking goals every week and are crying out for a screening player in front of the back four He's tried 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-1-3-2 and none of those have worked particularly well either, he might as well stick to the one he knows best and hope to get a result.

Coyle may not have had the biggest budget but his dealings over the summer will kill him and the club

But let's not let facts get in the way of your rant...

I'm not backing Coyle for his crazy team selections of late and his inability to get a decent game out of what should be a decent bunch of players (I still genuinely believe our squad has more ability than at least 4 or 5 other Premier League squads), but I think the points you've raised are utterly wide of the mark.

Mentioned by others, what has Pratley added to the team?

I couldn't believe it when I heard the team, and Pratley was playing - Muamba on the bench.

I am not claiming Muamba is our saviour, but he can run, tackle and break up play for 90 minutes. Pratley can run - but so can a headless chicken, which is what he reminded me of.

There`s something bloody wrong with this football managing lark, costing the company a fotune for sacking someone for not doing their job???

No wonder so many are getting pisst right off with it.

Coyle simply cannot do his job, his team selection baffles, he seems clueless but talks a good game.

The Chairman is a Bolton fan through and through but knows nowt about football.

That yesterday was the poorest performance by a Bolton side since leaving Burnden.

The entire club is run by amatures, right from the tea lady to team manager.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.