Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Want Big Sam Back

TroySwoosh

Do folk really think we were three players short of champions league football and we could've made the next level?

Gartside out then is it?

Didn't we finish 3 points off the champions league position that year? So possibly, yes.

Really? I remember us being in the champions league spot & him asking for a pawltry 7M for 3 players to get us to that next level, the board said no, so I'm guessing they & not he, gave up.

Spot on then the same board went and gave 30+m to Lee/Megson over the next 30 months then the next 24 months after that most of those players bought for 30+m were allowed to leave for free.

You'd left your balls off if it wasn't our club!!

Wonder were we'd be if Big Sam had been given that ?30m????

I'm awaiting the "Megson go more money" line. Which is true. The fact that the Sky money went up dramatically isn't relevant nor is it that Megson didnt get given enough to get 3 Champions League level players either.

Didnt the board know in Jan 2007 that the next years TV money was going up. Allardyce was frozen out of this club, the board presumed anyone (Sammy Lee) could do what Big Sam had done for a decade.

Didnt the board know in Jan 2007 that the next years TV money was going up. Allardyce was frozen out of this club, the board presumed anyone (Sammy Lee) could do what Big Sam had done for a decade.

You know this as a fact?

I also have no idea what the board did and didn't know about the sky money going up, but I can pretend I know as it seems that's what are popular ideas on a forum.

It wasn't just the sky money that went up.

Circumstances changed for ED too and he could free up his own money to invest in players (as he did for Allardyce in Anelka).

We'll never know which side of the story is true and whether the money Sam wanted would have got us champions league football. It all depends on who your prejudices lie with.

It wasn't just the sky money that went up.

Circumstances changed for ED too and he could free up his own money to invest in players (as he did for Allardyce in Anelka).

We'll never know which side of the story is true and whether the money Sam wanted would have got us champions league football. It all depends on who your prejudices lie with.

Spot on, we have no idea of our financial side behind the scenes. Believe it or not, the board do want what's best for the club as much as we do.

Edited by KP