Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Want Big Sam Back

TroySwoosh

Of course and I'd be embarrassed that I was so churlish to prefer they be in the conference than have a manager I didn't like.

It's nothing to do with not liking him. I didn't like old saggy face but was happy enough with his management

It's nothing to do with not liking him. I didn't like old saggy face but was happy enough with his management

Ok then, Mr. Logic. Of course and I'd be embarrassed that I was so churlish to prefer they be in the conference than see them with a manager I didn't the management or football style of.

Edited by no balls

• Moderators

I'm surprised people didn't know Gartside had said he wanted Allardyce to come back and replace Megson.

His comments were in the local press as well as the People.

Given what had been said after he left, from both sides, I'm surprised he even thought it let alone say it to the papers!

Because they won the world cup, he's not worthy of them.

Yossi. Your a knob.

What? It's not about whether he's worthy or not. I'd have a manager with no league experience as long as they entertained. For 2k a year, I want to be entertained. I'd take that over winning the European Cup using Allardyce's tactics.

Ok then, Mr. Logic. Of course and I'd be embarrassed that I was so churlish to prefer they be in the conference than see them with a manager I didn't the management or football style of.

From what has been offered thus far, Allardyce is the naive one. Tactically naive. If plan a doesn't work, his teams are fucked, there is no plan b

What? It's not about whether he's worthy or not. I'd have a manager with no league experience as long as they entertained. For 2k a year, I want to be entertained. I'd take that over winning the European Cup using Allardyce's tactics.

If you wanted to be entertained then why are you a WHU fan? I have been following football for 20 years and in all that time I cannot recall a decent West Ham team playing entertaining football. All this "we should play the West Ham way" is a load of bollocks, its a complete myth. The only West Ham way I have ever seen is shit footballers getting beat / relegated.

2k a year, fk me, wouldnt bother

What choice do I have. What choice do any of us have?

Bolton will be there long after Coyle has gone. Bolton will be there long after Gartside and Davies are gone. And so will you, or your kids etc.

If you wanted to be entertained then why are you a WHU fan? I have been following football for 20 years and in all that time I cannot recall a decent West Ham team playing entertaining football. All this "we should play the West Ham way" is a load of bollocks, its a complete myth. The only West Ham way I have ever seen is shit footballers getting beat / relegated.

Hmm. Whilst we have been poor for much of that time, we have always tried to play football. Under Zola we were awful for much of the time, but we were awful at trying to play football - we hadn't the players to play the way we were attempting to, and tactically we were incredibly naive - perhaps similar to Bolton currently under Coyle?

And I'd disagree we haven't been entertaining in 20 years. Under old saggy face we played some excellent stuff. The years we finished 5th, 7th, and 8th was as good as the days of Lyall and Greenwood.

One of the reasons we haven't beaten you lot since the days of Burnden Park is exactly because none of our previous managers (until Allardyce) have gone to the Reebok with a game plan to defend, play one up, put 9 men behind the ball etc etc. Even the year we had a man sent off (Hartson IIRC) we were trying to score a 2nd goal when one up. Blake equalised I think. Had Allardyce been our manager that day and not yours, I'm positive we would have looked to defend that lead, and more than likely would have won the game.

Ah, thought it was bloody expensive

But still, you pay double what I do to watch championship football. That's a proper piss take.

I'm not sure this time, but I do remember last time we were down, seeing information that said WHU STs were more expensive than over half of the top flight.