Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Its O.k. Its A Plan

tedmull

That is when you leave a job because your employers have been unreasonable and then you sue them for what they have done.

So you either have the wrong 2 words or you are suggesting giving them a reason to sue us when they leave.

I am confused.

'Kin ell, I also said we should decorate the dressing room with satanic imagery...

If it's those five clowns bumping a potential payoff bill up to ?7m, as Stuart 'I thought he was dead' Hall claimed, then there is something seriously wrong with the hiring/firing policy at the club.

In the real world, which most of us inhabit (aside from bank CEOs and those involved in football it seems), if you don't do your job properly - you get your P45 and fook all else.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators

Did OC have free reign to make these appointments - no questions asked. I see there's two kitmen listed on the official site, presumably the original one and now Coyle's brother-in-law too (I'm surmising some poor sod assistant probably got his P45 in order to accomodate fatty's ample frame.) Complete unjustifiable case of nepotism there.

There is also 'Head of Recruitment' (in other words Chief Scout), who's an ex-dingle and, on the strength of our signings/no-use of our signings, is another robbing a living.

if theres two listed, maybe its because fatty ate the previous fella, whole

and this is where it gets better

i THINK the previous mon was simon marlands - club accountant? - son

if theres two listed, maybe its because fatty ate the previous fella, whole

and this is where it gets better

i THINK the previous mon was simon marlands - club accountant? - son

You'd think, given the tenuous/'anyone could do this' nature of the job, they'd at least strive to do it properly - then you see players with insulating tape around their arms, when there's been a death at either club contesting a game.

BWFC has always been a 'jobs for the boys' club, but I (wrongly) assumed this was the case everywhere*.

* Growing up under Bolton Council also reinforced this view.

Ally Marland......not sure what he's up to these days

Marland is club secretary, I think

He left to go to Blackburn when BSA was there(when Megson was in charge), got a decent pay rise to go from what I herd. Think he was on ?20k here and got ?30k at the dingles so his assistant kit washer took over at our place.

Here he is giving an interview as our kitman... http://www.footballfancast.com/2009/06/football-blogs/bolton_kitman_on_life_at_the_reebok__ivan_campo_and_shirt_giveaways

Here he is at Rovers as KIT MANAGER... http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/BackroomStaff

Would you go to the other side for a payrise?

Edited by birch-chorley

I'm confused as to why kit-men are swapping clubs? Did FSA miss Marland's sublime skill with the ACDO? Do you think 'Fatty' brings a certain steel to our bib-ironing section?

30k per annum for a job a fan would probably do for a basic living wage, and the pride of being involved with the club they love - swap clubs? get to f*ck, I hope his dad disowned him...

Just reading Gartsides reasons for sticking by Owen and its all ok, its a long term plan. Never heard of a plan to be 5 points adrift of safety at the begining of Dec, does the plan involve going down to league 1, 2 or below. The championship is very tough, look at some of the teams that have struggled in there and many have had to take a second relegation to league 1.

Relegation for Bolton is not a plan its a death wish.

Champagne Charlie Nicholas today , at some posh do in MCR

" your problem ain't Coyle, BWFC's problem is Gartside" :blink: :

Champagne Charlie Nicholas today , at some posh do in MCR

" your problem ain't Coyle, BWFC's problem is Gartside" :blink: :

Yeah, because Charlie Nicholas knows our club inside out. Has anyone asked X Factor winners Little Mix for their opinion? Or Paul O'Grady? Would love to know their insights into BWFC's current position too.