Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lobby

Sweep

Carrotts or not.  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Proper lobby does not have carrots in.

Athy lobby does.

Both are good.

Sweetcorn is a big nono.

Crusty buttered bread and its a winner.

Those taking the piss about gloves and scarves are propably those who still have wank socks next to their bed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Browt up on tater hash (made with shoulder steak). As the honourable gentleman from Leyth says, no carrots - beltin with crusty bread and butter.

'Pauper food'? FFS, give me a pan of lobby over a plate of langoustine legs and aniseed infused tofu any fcuking day of the week.

Have I stumbled on to the Windsor & Eton FC forum by mistake?

Browt up on tater hash (made with shoulder steak). As the honourable gentleman from Leyth says, no carrots - beltin with crusty bread and butter.

'Pauper food'? FFS, give me a pan of lobby over a plate of langoustine legs and aniseed infused tofu any fcuking day of the week.

Shoulder steak?

Lobby (or tater ash as it's known in Bolton) is only ever made up of these ingredients imo -

Spuds

Corned Beef

Onion

Oxo cube(s)

Water

Salt and pepper

Maybe a crust if you wanna be posh.

no but the high proportion of members from deepest cheshire means we are trying to raise the bar a bit :)

FWIW i have carrots with it but never in it....

• Members

Shoulder steak?

Lobby (or tater ash as it's known in Bolton) is only ever made up of these ingredients imo -

Spuds

Corned Beef

Onion

Oxo cube(s)

Water

Salt and pepper

Maybe a crust if you wanna be posh.

Nay lad. The't off beam. S'alreet with corned dog but the haute cuisine version has shoulder steak lovingly chopped and de-sinewed. Using a decent meat produces a decent stock so you can fcuk the Oxo cubes off too.

It only took 3 days for that bite :thumbsup: :whistle:

OK I know I'm a foreigner, but was in Bolton for years and I've never had Lobby!!

what the fuck is it?

Diced spuds, chopped onion, a tin of corned beef, sliced carrots, water and a couple of oxo's mix well and bring to the boil then simmer for about an hour, add salt and pepper to taste. A suet crust or fresh crusty bread with butter always tastes good, also add red cabbage or beetroot.

Tis very good

Diced spuds, chopped onion, a tin of corned beef,SLICED CARROTS water and a couple of oxo's mix well and bring to the boil then simmer for about an hour, add salt and pepper to taste. A suet crust or fresh crusty bread with butter always tastes good, also add red cabbage or beetroot.

Tis very good

And that my Athertonian friend...... is a tatty 'ash :good:

• Site Supporter

Diced spuds, chopped onion, a tin of corned beef, sliced carrots, water and a couple of oxo's mix well and bring to the boil then simmer for about an hour, add salt and pepper to taste. A suet crust or fresh crusty bread with butter always tastes good, also add red cabbage or beetroot.

Tis very good

That is what my mum made as tater ash. Only we usually had minced beef instead of corned beef or even stewed steak if we were flush that week :D

• Members

Which is different to Lobby. You've clearly missed the title of the thread. :nea:

No, you missed my diversionary tactic to broaden the discussion to include tater hash.

Now then, pickled red cabbage on either. Marvellous.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.